Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Tuesday, Aug. 26 - WORKOUTS!

Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Erica: Congratulations, Ironwoman!

Welcome back to the stragglers!

Busy so right to it...

5.65 mile run early this morning with 3 others. Legs feeling pretty good considering Pemi Loop over the weekend. Those Iron Strength workout -- which I continue but no longer post on -- have done wonders. Quads, hammies, calves... all good!

Great day, gang!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 08:35 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
2nd planned DOR today.

Thor: May have a Kona bound guy that needs to run with someone in September when visiting from Ottawa. May try to hook you guys up to see if something works. If not, no worries. Thursday track at NR HS if interested. I'm going for 10 800s this week. Hopefully the start of school won't derail use of the track. LMK if you know that it will please.

Hubster: I know you're registered. Start posting already.
#3 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 08:35 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
2nd planned DOR today.

Thor: May have a Kona bound guy that needs to run with someone in September when visiting from Ottawa. May try to hook you guys up to see if something works. If not, no worries. Thursday track at NR HS if interested. I'm going for 10 800s this week. Hopefully the start of school won't derail use of the track. LMK if you know that it will please.

Hubster: I know you're registered. Start posting already.

#4 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 64
Likes Given: 11
Welcome back Eric!
MQ - The humidity should be long gone by Oct 12. However, with Chicago in Oct you never know what you're going to get. We *need* a Chicago LIT meet-up when you're in town!
MG - Solid workouts!
Xflbk - Consistent as always, you're going kill Florida!
Cake - You've earned the right to do whatever you **** well please!

I posted yesterday, but forgot to include my workout. Monday's are my running rest day, so I just did an hour of shoulders, arms and chest strength training. Today I met with Rick and did 12. The pace was slow but the effort level was higher than it should have been. Legs are still tired from Sunday's race and overall a rapid ramp-up in training.

Have a great day, tri-peeps!
Mike

Last edited by Alaska Mike; 08-26-2014 at 08:45 AM. Reason: I find it amusing that KR now edits out swear words!
#5 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska Mike View Post
Xflbk - Consistent as always, you're going kill Florida!
Cake - You've earned the right to do whatever you **** well please!
As long as my pacing and nutrition hit the target, hopefully you're right.

Yes Cake, whatever you want!

A 1 mile run and a 2900yd swim this morning. A 20 something mile ride after work with some intervals. Swim was:
400 warm up
300 drill
300 kick
6x100 base intervals
9x75 lactate intervals
9x25 speed intervals
400 cool down.

Have a great day!!
#6 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
Congratulations Erica!!!!!! I cannot wait to read your race report!
And speaking of race reports... I have a couple of big ones to get to.

I have decided that I need to go back to running more frequently with lower mileage. So this morning I went out for just an easy 1 miler and took Rex. It's about all he can manage now in his old age. He straggled behind me (hard to believe) headed out but then took off in the lead headed back. Silly dog couldn't wait to get home.

This afternoon Da Chief and I are headed out for a ride- 45 min- 1 hour.
#7 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 172
Likes Given: 48
Thor, your Pemi run looked amazing.
X, can't wait to see you tear it up in FL
Cake, was that 45 minutes a "speed" workout?

Let's see. Thursday - Saturday AM I had a migraine, so I did nothing. Sunday I sagged Adam's long ride. Yesterday I played hookie from work to run in the swampy summer air. 8 miles on the rail trail, 5 miles at the poorly air-conditioned Y. It sucked giant hairy donkey balls, but it's done now. Saw MG, who smartly got out earlier than I did (stupid stomach). Found a new little spur off the local rail trail that's way more "trail" and way less wide flat path. Might try to explore that later. I need to find places that are a nice balance between running off the road (good for cranky body parts and cranky brain) and trail running (good for injuring myself).
#8 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by xflbk43 View Post
As long as my pacing and nutrition hit the target, hopefully you're right.
Practice, practice, practice!

WRT nutrition outside of workouts, start paying close attention to how you feel after you eat certain foods. Get to know some "go to" foods on which you know your body feels good. Do certain foods make you feel tired, irritable, bloated, gassy, congested, sneezy, make your skin break out, seem to interfere with sleep? You may want to limit or eliminate those in the weeks leading up to your race and eliminate them during the week of your race.

I ate A LOT of beets and drank often a beet juice blend that I really like.

Cheryl (aka cake)
#9 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by em73 View Post
Cake, was that 45 minutes a "speed" workout?
ha ha ha ha. no.

Kudos on gutting out 13 miles yesterday! It was steamy out!

Cheryl (aka cake)
#10 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 223
Likes Given: 177
Yes - welcome back Eric!

The usual for me. What a glorious week ... where was it the rest of the summer?

Oh - and re. the Lyme, I stopped taking LDN a week or so ago. I honestly think it was helpful. Before I started taking it, I was hobbling around - and within a few days the limp had gone (although the knee has still been a bit twingy/off). Now that I stopped taking it, I'm waiting to see if the arthiritic symptoms come back full bore. So far they haven't ... although the knee seems to be crackling and popping a bit again (maybe that's psychosomatic). The good news is that they'll refill the prescription without worry (zero side effects), so no more $50 pop for useless doctor visits.

And no - not quite adjusted to being a single kid household. Did receive a call yesterday, and he seems to be doing okay (though wouldn't say loving it). More adjustment necessary on his part as well, I guess! On the plus side, his cousin (fairly local to us) is also an incoming freshman at UDel, so there's at least one familiar face...

Geo.
#11 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
12 miles on the rail trail. Headache and didn't feel great from my ride Sunday, but I got out there and did it.. Felt like Ironman training.. sigh.
cak73 likes this.

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#12 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 3
Holy smokes, it's been too long. My old phone didn't work with the site setup, but I have now upgraded, and things look good!

As a quick recap, I've been training hard the last while, running 7 times/week, with tempo and intervals. I raced a 10K last week, and was very pleased with the results (RR to follow)!

Today's workout was 5 hill repeats, two short ones (50 seconds and 1:40, respectively), followed by 3x500 meters. My times were on par with where my training is right now!
#13 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 50
Likes Given: 2
Hit the track today. 2x1200, 2x800, 2x400 including a nice mile for warm-up and a few laps for a cooldown. Made me tired.
#14 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
1T - are you working on RR?
BCC, he is back too!

Almost two hours in the woods, Brown County State Park, Nashville IN. Fabulous singletracks!!!! I come nearby city for biz many times throughout a year and have brought my Mtb many times but always wet/rain, etc. finally today! Some rock gardens are challenging in advanced sections but fun fast flowy!! Scary thing is two-way entire trails.... A guy I ran into at a parking was kind enough to show me the trails. I would have lost, prob panicked (no idea how long certain sections would take) about it getting dark out, etc, without his help. Every climb was rewarded with double amount of crazy downhills. One of Mtb magazines said Moab of Midwest an and 10best trail system east of Mississippi or something like tht. One fall, that's it. The guy was impressed

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page