• 1 Post By Muffin Queen
  • 7 Post By LeftRightRepeat
  • 2 Post By juliemboyle

#1 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 05:18 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 153
Likes Given: 260
Monday, August 4, 2014

Well, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it is August already!

Geo: Getting those 40 hours in is tough! DS just got his license a month ago. The 10 nighttime hours were tough as we were trying to get them done in early June. We would head out at 8:30pm for a few hours or spent Friday and Saturday nights having him drive us to dinner out an hour or so away which got a little expensive.
Topo: Nice workouts! I totally understand wanting to get off the bike after back to back long rides.
TASM: The juggling break/lesson sounds really cool.
JK: Nice run!
YoSake: Your weekend sounded like a lot of fun!

Me: Friday - did my 6 hour race rehearsal ride on the Timberman course. Rode 1 loop, stopped to refuel, and then rode out to top of Marsh Hill and back again hitting all of the hills in the 1st/last 11 or so miles of the course. My back was pretty seized up by the end of that so I didn’t run afterwards.

Sat: DOR – to get my back under control. Just hung out with my family with no workouts which felt rather strange but very pleasant.

Sun: 2:15 long run @slow, steady z1/z2 pace. Back felt ok during run.

Today: Heading to the pool.
cak73 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

ksurp: Way to get out of the gate on this Monday morning!

TASM: A very fitting way to celebrate your last day on the job! Love it. Will be thinking of you this week and straight through to the weekend on what will hopefully also be your last treatment! Go TASM, Go!

Topo: Good luck with the taper! You earned it.

Yoshi/Reg: Solid weekend (including Friday for Yoshi) for you guys!

Weekend Recap...

Saturday: 2 hour trail run with one other. Rainy and muggy and buggy. Pace not bad. Felt pretty decent considering I've been pounded with the lack of sleep and because of it feeling it in the body too.

Sunday: 7+ mile stroller run with Andyman. He's such a great friend. I was "stuck" with the little one. He insisted we still run together even though I'd be toting kid and being slow.

Monday: 4 mile easy run early this morning.
#3 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Catching up, but I have great news! DH has an offer!!!!!!!

#4 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyGirl View Post
Catching up, but I have great news! DH has an offer!!!!!!!
It's time for some good news!!
#5 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 08:08 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Woo Hoo Sparty&DH!
#6 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 171
Pretty sweet, Alicia! Must be a lot off your mind...

KS - haven't tackled the night time stuff yet, but she's determined to squeeze everything in before school starts again. We're probably 2/3 of the way through the daylight driving. She's definitely more confident than she was at the beginning ... some very traumatic moments with stick shifts and hills... Still not overly confident on stopping (even on mild hills) - but at least she's not freaking out about it in the car any more

Usual commute for me ... sounds like it might be the only decent day for a few... Not been much of a summer weather-wise... Did just crest over 2K for the year so far ... Hopefully I'll get the 5K in!

Geo
#7 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Special Member

Topo: Taper!!! You earned it!
KSurp & Cak: Taper for you 2now? Nice workouts this weekend!
Thor: Loved the fam photo on FB, Cam is the cutest thing ever!!!
Hobey: Love the family riding, such a great thing to do together!
Bannon: Haven't seen you around much are you still going for the Marathon?

Happy Monday!!! PiYo and a run later.
#8 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
Wooo Hoooo Sparty!!!!! That is awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bannon- I was wondering the same thing about the marathon efforts.
Hobey- It's so awesome that little BD is now riding with you guys. Does his school have a bike club that he can join? My kids did that in middle school. Lots of fun and they were able to learn about being on the roads at the same time. It culminated in a 3 day epic trip to the San Juans for riding, camping and ice cream.
KSurp- I can't wait to see what you do on this course. You've been very consistent and I have no doubt it'll pay off for you!!!!

Saturday- Ride with DH. It was very humid and sticky and well icky. PT wanted me to have our fit guy take a look at my tri-bike setup as my quad still bothers me on the bike. So we spent some time doing that on Saturday. My fit is fine... my body is not ready to be in aero. So I'm gonna be rockin' the road bike for the remainder of the summer.
Sunday- 5 mile long run that went very well and really felt like my first good run since April. But in big news- DH finally made the transition to clipless pedals. Yay!!!! I have no doubt that he'll be leading our rides very soon now.

Today just stretching and strengthening and icing.
#9 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40
Catching up from this weekend. I originally tried to post the Friday workout on Friday, and ended up saving it for when Kick came back up, so Here goes:

Friday, I had a fantastic swim after my 1 mile run. 2712yd swim (yes, I stopped in the middle of the pool to get about 12 yds).
300 warm up,
2112 (1.2 mile) time trial,
300 cool down.

Time trial came out to 31:38 and I can’t believe how good I felt! I actually think I could have gone faster, but I didn’t want to burn out. Although I was pushing it, I was conservative and stayed under control, really focusing on form. This is also the first time I’ve broken 30 minutes for 2000yds in around 3 years. I was at 29:57 at 2K and had a big grin on my face the last 112yds.

Saturday was a brick of 30/4 with Suzanne.

Sunday I got 2.1 miles in, just to keep my streak and just enjoying great weather. Kept it slow and easy, finishing in about 20 minutes.

Today starts week 12 of my IMFL plan and it's a recovery week, so it was a 2300yd swim of:
400 warm up,
300 drill,
10x100 base intervals,
4x50 speed intervals,
400 cool down.

I've got a 5 mile run this afternoon with a few intervals.

Have a great day!!!
cak73 likes this.
#10 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Just so you all know I tried to post Friday. I was both epically funny and very witty. Tehre would have been LOL's all over this board and then some. The tears would be streaming down faces with the laughter that would have ensued had the site not been broken If you believe any of that I have some bridges to sell you.

Friday: Ended up with nothing ie. skipped a planned ride
Saturday: 15 mile run with H in the early hours
Sunday: Delivered table H made for B and SIL. Took N2 out shopping for Grad and bday gifts which was college supplies. Kid took 15 minutes to select pencils. She is so funny. Appreciate all her quirkiness. Skipped 40 mile ride. Not enough energy and hours in the day.
Monday: Did 1 hour of Friday's 1 hour 15 minute ride with H this a.m. Followed up with little chocolate donettes, the breakfast of champions!

Great day all!
cak73 likes this.
#11 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 352
Likes Given: 3
Good Monday to all! Crazy busy day at work. But lunch time in MINE! 5 mile run. Then 45 min strength exercises during DS's martial art class. Haven't bee doing much strength workouts during summer and I'm feeling it! Plus I still feel the effects of blood donation last Friday. Felt some dizzy spell
#12 of 20 Old 08-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 101
Likes Given: 117
Ksurp - It should be a fitting farewell. Especially since my hiring gauntlet presentations was on Lessons in Learning and Life from Juggling. I'm glad you took a day to give your back a rest!
JK, Nice run and nice writing.
Sparty, Woohoo! I hope it's an offer he likes!
Geo - I love that your daughter is learning on a stick. That's becoming a lost art. I still miss mine. Maybe when I have a little more distance from the numb feet issue I can get back into a manual car.
Hobey - Ditto the thumbs up on the family riding. It's great seeing DS getting some good miles in.
TriTammy - Smart to get checked out and to use the bike your body is ready for. I don't know if my body will ever be ready for a tri bike.
X- Sounds like the swimming is going great!
MQ - A big happy birthday to you! Hope you had a great one. You deserve it.
Yo Sake - make sure your are really hydrating well after blood donation. I always enjoyed donating blood. That's another downside of the pesky cancerific thing. Pretty sure I can't give blood.

Thanks for the well-wishes for Wednesday, my last day in the chair for the heavy-duty chemo. I'm going to try extra hard to be well rested for it. I got nada in today. Except for lots of hand work finish sealing the tennis balls and covering them with balloons. Only 14 more to go. I'll finish them in the morning once the silicone has had a chance to cure.

Happy training all!
#13 of 20 Old 08-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 87
Likes Given: 14
****.. If TASM can be on here...

C25k, Week 1, Day 1. Practically a marathon.

->>> John <<<-
Because too much fun is never enough.
#14 of 20 Old 08-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftRightRepeat View Post

Freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#15 of 20 Old 08-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Special Member

Quote:

Thank god you are back! It was starting to get a little boring around here
ksurp and cak73 like this.
#16 of 20 Old 08-05-2014, 08:14 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:

Awesome!!!
#17 of 20 Old 08-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemboyle View Post
Bannon: Haven't seen you around much are you still going for the Marathon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Tammy View Post

Bannon- I was wondering the same thing about the marathon efforts.

Had to take some time off for a very sore hamstring, starting to get back into it now. Hamstring is still a tad sore, but I figure it's now or never. We'll see what happens.

- Le Bannon
#18 of 20 Old 08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 20
Congrats Sparty!!!

Welcome back Calla and LRR!!

TASM - I must have missed the part about your job. Does this mean you are getting serious about moving back to CA? Also, I'm having trouble visualizing these tennis/juggle/balloon balls, may need a pic or two!

- Le Bannon
#19 of 20 Old 08-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 8
Checking in after a while. With vacation, work, and the general flakiness of the new forum, I have dropped off but I see I'm being called out around here.

LRR & Calla! Welcome back!
Sparty - Yay for DH!
TASM - Last day for shock & awe! Fabulous news...

OK so I haven't been checking in but I've still been getting in bike miles through regular commuting and some family rides. Those of you on FB know that Little BD is up to 20 miles now.

Just a commute for my Monday, extended in the afternoon to the dealer. We had to bring my car in because my alarm remote died completely (not even a battery could save it) and it refused any attempts at disabling the alarm, placing it into valet mode, etc. Mystified the mechanics too. Turns out the dealer we bought it from put in an after market system and tied it to the Honda remote so when it malfunctions, it starts acting like a poltergeist. They ended up having to take the system out completely. Anyway, it was hot, like surface of the sun hot. Really kind of done with the 90+ weather in the PNW.

hobey
Slacker

#20 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by regiolanthe View Post
KS - haven't tackled the night time stuff yet, but she's determined to squeeze everything in before school starts again. We're probably 2/3 of the way through the daylight driving. She's definitely more confident than she was at the beginning ... some very traumatic moments with stick shifts and hills... Still not overly confident on stopping (even on mild hills) - but at least she's not freaking out about it in the car any more
Hill starts were the most traumatic part of my learning to drive stick! I always felt like I was rolling back several feet instead of only several inches. I still get a bit bothered by some hills, BUT having a car with a hill holder clutch helps A LOT.

Cheryl (aka cake)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page