• 1 Post By juliemboyle
  • 4 Post By SpartyGirl

#1 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 05:58 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Friday, July 25 - WORKOUTS!

Good morning, TEAM LIT!

TASM: The single biggest piece of advice I give to folks doing Ironman or running ultra marathons is that when the going gets tough or when in the later stages of the race, stay focused and 100% in the moment of what you are doing -- this opposed to getting outside yourself thinking about the finish or how much distance left or even how crappy you feel. This applies to you in your Iron effort here. We're with you. You just stay focused! Time will come, but let's not think too much about it. It'll come. And those numbers will be where they should be. And if not, then we'll tackle them when they come.

TASM II: No double wide just yet! And to be honest, there will be no double wide jog stroller unless someone hands one down or I find one on the side of the road. We've spent enough money on kids!

MQ: Nice to hear of the adjustment in pace. And hey, next time you head to the NR track, please include me on the note. I'm free-forming right now (though I always free-form, this period is just about doing what I can and what is fun).

Me...

4.25 mile pushing the boy in the jog stroller. In other words, a slow run. Taught the boy to say, "Yipee!" We tried waking up the neighbors by "saying it loud and saying it proud."

Great day, friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 07:09 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40
1 mile run and a 21 minute recovery ride of 6.45 miles this morning. Begging the weather gods to keep the t-storms at bay tomorrow morning.
juliemboyle and cak73 like this.
#3 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
Thor- your comment about spending too much money on the kiddos... well, it cracks me up! I had no idea how much money we spent until they left. Cute little money suckers they are!!!

Early morning 2.5 mile run for me today. Strength and core later today

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

#4 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Happy Friday everyone!

Nothing yet for me. Swim supposedly on the horizon but no idea if that will get done today or later this weekend. I know I have a 40 mile ride and 13 mile run on tap already. Looking to share some miles with N2 this weekend to catch up on her life.

Thor: Will let you know when at NR track next. Next Thursday I have hill repeats. Likely do those in Wakefield at the lake on Prospect.

Some weekend thoughts:
Here's to all those swimming,biking and running just for the sheer joy of doing it.
Here's to those sailing for the wind in their face and the joy in their hearts as they fly through the water.
Here's to those struggling with health issues that they find some health and peace and answers.
Here's to those traveling that they have lots of fun.
Here's to those getting back into the swing of things that things keeping swinging positively in their direction.
Here's to those who work a lot to find some time for themselves and what they value most.
Here's to those who need some work to find but not to lose themselves in it.
Here is to giving and receiving love. It is the best thing out there and is absolutely free.
TriAndStopMe, ksurp and cak73 like this.
#5 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin queen View Post

some weekend thoughts:
Here's to all those swimming,biking and running just for the sheer joy of doing it.
Here's to those sailing for the wind in their face and the joy in their hearts as they fly through the water.
Here's to those struggling with health issues that they find some health and peace and answers.
Here's to those traveling that they have lots of fun.
Here's to those getting back into the swing of things that things keeping swinging positively in their direction.
Here's to those who work a lot to find some time for themselves and what they value most.
Here's to those who need some work to find but not to lose themselves in it.
Here is to giving and receiving love. It is the best thing out there and is absolutely free.
love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ksurp likes this.
#6 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Special Member

TGIF peeps!!!!!!!!!!

Sparty: Hope DH gets some good news, STAT!
TASM: Hugs XO
X: So proud of all your consistent tough workouts
MQ: Love the track stuff, have fun with DN

Me: 26 HILLY ride today (apparently the bike at the tri next weekend is all downhill at the start and all UPHILL at the end). Getting ready!
Yesterday 4.5 tempo run with Cari and Stacie
ksurp likes this.
#7 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 153
Likes Given: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemboyle View Post

Me: 26 HILLY ride today (apparently the bike at the tri next weekend is all downhill at the start and all UPHILL at the end).
Julie - are you doing the Mad River Endurafest at Waterville Valley? If so, that cycling route is awesome (same as former black fly tri). Route 49, the main road going up to Waterville Valley, was just paved last summer and is still nice and smooth. You can hammer the downhills and build up a lot of speed and then spin your way back up and still come out with a very decent overall average speed. This is one of my favorite rides!

Me:
Yesterday - 3 hour long run. Thor, I appreciate your statement today about only thinking about the moment. As I hit the 3 hour mark, I kept thinking, how will I possibly keep going for another 3 hours at IMMT as my hips and right achilles were barking at me.

Today: 90' pool swim that included 3800m effort which I did in 1:27 which was 4 minutes slower than 2 weeks ago but I had goggle issues that took a few stops to remedy. Still faster than last year at this time!

Happy Friday!
#8 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Nice job ksurp!
MQ - love the thoughts
Cak - you are killing it

As for me, you all should know that Yoshiko is awesome. She swam with me today and helped me SO much just listening to me blabber on about life stress. Plus we swam.
#9 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596
Howdy, gang! I've missed you here, but have been trying to follow on FB.

MQ: awesome thoughts for the weekend, thanks!
TASM: sending hugs & positive vibes; so glad to hear you've been able to get back to the pool!
Yoshiko & TT: looking forward to reading your RR!
ksurp: just keep plugging away at it! taper is around the corner!
Sparty: yay, swim! also, thanks!
Julie: MOJO!

So, last week and this are my last two major volume weeks. The fatigue is starting to mess with my mind a bit, allowing some micro-moments of doubt/fear/panic, but they are brief and I pay them no mind for the most part.

When last I posted (one week ago Friday), I swam.
Sat- run 12 miles
Sun- brick: ride 103 miles at the CRW Climb to the Clouds (Sudbury, MA to Mt Wachusett and back) and 6 mile run
Mon- DOR & meeting with my coach/PT (former asymmetries in movement are gone!)
Tue- a.m. OWS 45 minutes; p.m. trainer ride 2:30:00 at 60-75% FTP
Wed- early morning masters swim 4000y; late morning run 8 miles; afternoon drive to Lake Placid
Thu- a.m. ride 48 miles on IMLP bike course with AdCo (with 2x 10 mi tempo for me); p.m. run 8 miles (from hotel along last 4 miles of IMLP bike course & back)
Fri- 2 loops of the IMLP swim course

I have skipped both of my strength workouts this week, which is kinda sad because they don't take that long to do. Given what's on the plan for Sat and Sun, the strength is just not going to get done.

600 as 75 free, 25 no free
300 as 75 drill, 25 kick

4x through the following
150 as 50 1-arm fly/25 "L" back drill/25 breast with flutter kick/25 breast 2 kick-1 pull/25 "L" free drill on 10sr
150 free as 25 fist/25 smooth/25 "horns"/25 smooth/25 "shake"/25 smooth on 10sr

2x through the following
4x50 free, descend 1-3, 4-ez on 1:00
4x50 free, fast on :50
4x50 free, almost catch on 1:00
4x50 free, build on :55

200 free ez, breathe every 4
100 ez as 25 back, 25 double-arm back

Cheryl (aka cake)
#10 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 173
Thor - Just got the first college bill. Believe me, the money spigot doesn't stop flowing for a while...

Sparty/Yo - Nice to read you got together!

CAK - Really ... the fatigue is messing with you ? Dang, woman. You are a machine...

Myself - commute day (usual 40 ... mid 19's in, mid 17's home).

Tomorrow's group ride should be another hill suffer-fest. ... 65 miles with 3750 feet of climbing ...6:30 at Durham plaza if anyone feels like going

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5427573
#11 of 11 Old 07-26-2014, 06:09 AM
Special Member

Ksurp: Yes, I am doing Mad River!!!! Thanks for the heads up on the course. I was thinking it would be a slow ride for me, I will definitely take your advice

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page