3Likes
  • 3 Post By Tri-Tammy

#1 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 06:19 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Monday, July 21 - WORKOUTS!

Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Yoshi: Awesome job at the race yesterday! Congrats. As for my kids, M & C are 20 months apart. On paper it is awesome, as we know they will be best buds in short time. But in practice, the first three weeks have been... ummm... trying? ****? tiring? all of the above? What's hard is that C is only 21 months young, so he's still very needy and needs to be held from time to time and carried down stairs (he's afraid to go down all of a sudden), etc. I'm guessing things will settle out as soon as M becomes less fussy. How do your kids get along being 22 mos apart? Guessing awesome!

Tamster: A big, big congrats to Steve for going out of his comfort zone. He has honestly been fun to watch!

zoj, Yoshi, reg (nice ride, btw), etc: So, yeah, we bought the Nissan Rogue over the Mazda CX-5. The deal here was that Nissan was very willing to negotiate with us, while Mazda was more like, yeah, sure, okay, but this is where we stand, what the sticker says. Nissan bent over backward to get this deal done. The CX-5 drove much better, as if a car. But the Rogue had a far, far, far better package with more options, etc., and a much more luxury look and feel inside. We truly feel we got a great deal. And the car drives very nicely, just not as tight a suspension as the CX-5. We made a low ball offer to Nissan, knowing they wouldn't take it; Nissan tried and tried and tried, with no stress and no strong arm tactics. We walked out saying the car was over our budget. A few days later I got an e-mail from them asking how they can make a deal. I made the same offer as before. And they took it. Been loving the car so far.

Weekend Update...

Saturday: 5 mile solo trail run at my favorite set of trails. Body very tired. Lack of sleep. Plus normal aftermath 100 pound.

Sunday: 6 mile solo trail run at a different set of trails. Body tired.

Monday: 4 mile easy road run.

Great day, friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40
Catching up:
Saturday was a 1 mile run. Had planned on doing my long ride, but was so frazzled after work that I moved it to Sunday.
Sunday was a 62.79 mile ride at easy effort. Rode with Suzanne and a group of 6 others that we've ridden with occasionally. It was a lot of fun and kept my effort where it should be. After the ride, I had a 20 minute transition run of 2.41 miles, with a HR of 142 and right where I wanted to be.

Today was a 6 mile run, mostly in Z2 with 6x3:00 in Z3. Afternoon will be a 20 mile interval ride of 4x8:00Z3, the rest in Z2.

Have a great day!
#3 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Thor: My boys are 24 months apart. My youngest was a very, very, trying newborn. The first 3 months were really, really tough. You will get thru it, it is what it is. Once he hit 3 months and started sleeping better, it got much better!

Tammy: Loved all the pics on FB of you and Steve, congrats to Steve!!!

Yoshi: Rockstar!!!!!!!!

Me: Sprint Saturday, I'll make a quick RR.........yoga and walk yesterday, 4 mile run and yoga today. Hopefully a swim later.

#4 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 07:11 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 171
Morning commute - mid 18's. Stacked wood for 3+ hours yesterday, so I'm blaming the drop off after the last two good rides on that

Same home for the usual 40...

Forgot to mention that on our group ride, we saw a deer bounding in a field next to the road. Pretty cool to see ...

Happy Mondays.

Geo.
#5 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
G

So, yeah, we bought the Nissan Rogue over the Mazda CX-5. The deal here was that Nissan was very willing to negotiate with us, while Mazda was more like, yeah, sure, okay, but this is where we stand, what the sticker says. Nissan bent over backward to get this deal done.
Hi. I am coming out of lurking to comment on this. In March, my car was totaled, requiring me to buy a new car FAST or spend money on a rental after my insurance company stopped paying for one. A 2014 Rogue would have been my fourth consecutive Nissan, but my dealership told me there were absolutely no deals to be had on Rogues, no incentives, no cashback, etc. They said they couldn't keep them in stock, so basically sorry for my luck. So I bought an Outback. Congrats on getting the car you wanted at the price you wanted!

OK, back to lurking.
#6 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Happy Monday peeps!

Yoshiko - awesome race!!
Thor - ah yes, the exhaustion of 2. It's all ebbs and flows.

I've blanked on what else I wanted to comment on...

Rest day for me as I had a 'suspicious' mole removed this morning and should let the stitches rest a day. No word on the job front. DH has an informal meeting tomorrow and a big interview Thursday. I just spend a lot of time meal planning for cost...not my favorite, but I'm getting pretty good at it.
#7 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
DOR for me.

Slept like crap last night and Saturday night. Hopefully I can stay awake for my 2 o'clock meeting about taxes and get a good night's sleep tonight.

Thor: Congrats on the car!
Sparty: Fingers crossed for you. Impressed with your meal planning skills. Happy healing too!
Ksurp: How is H doing?
TT: Clearly the Chief is rocking the house!! Great weekend for both of you. Looks like the wetsuit issue sorted itself out.
Geo: Clearly the wood stacking is to blame. Otherwise I know you'd be at 19+
X: Fingers crossed for you and your dad too. How is he feeling? How is the shopping going? Your training is clearly where it needs to be and you are doing awesome.
Julie: How did the race go? Swim was good I take it.
#8 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 224
Thor - nice on the car - we're a Mazda family, so have an excellent relationship with our dealership...have fun with it!

YoSake - nice job on the race! funny about the lily pads....I can only imagine...

Yoga, weights and a short run on tap for today.

Have a good one!
#9 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
Thor- My kids are 25 months apart. Those were some trying first few months. It will get better!!!
As for Steve, he was most definitely out of his comfort zone. He was so nervous on Saturday night that I figured I'd give him a piece of advice that I had wished I had known before my first race- there is only one first so take it all in and just enjoy anything and everything that happens. I told him that there would be good mental moments and bad ones and just to throw the bad ones away and focus on the good ones and the crowds! Fortunately this race is super beginner friendly- he had people cheering him on from their boats on the lake and from their cars waiting in traffic. He said it was the coolest experience ever and he just loved it!!!! My teammates were all there to cheer him in and he was so overwhelmed and so elated. His first words when he crossed the finish line- I wanna do that again, can I do that again? lol So freaking cool!!!!!

MQ- the saga of my suit.... I did get a new suit and went ahead and swam in it before the race and thought- hmmm, this might not go so well. Apparently I've never swam in a "right fitting" wetsuit so I felt like I was a compressed sausage the whole time. Talked to my swim coach who was there and he checked it out and said yup, Tammy, we need to get you used to being in the right suit. Okay then....

I had quite the day on Saturday- I'll go ahead and write up a report when I get some time later today.
As for workouts today- just some stretching and strengthening.

Happy Monday everyone!
Muffin Queen, SpartyGirl and cak73 like this.
#10 of 11 Old 07-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 352
Likes Given: 3
Thor - I know how overwhelming it is at beginning. It will get easier. I can't say our two kids are really close these days - very different personalities and boy/girl teenagers thing. They enjoyed each other quite a bit when they were smaller for sure. Congrats on the new wheels!
Sparty - I do feel I need a parental manual quite often these days. You are not alone, for sure.
TT- congrats to your hubby's debut!
Theia - my experiences with Rogue exactly. I chose Rogue anyway (as a company car) by paying the over-budget amount out of my pocket. I like it that much. Outback is great too.

Well, in spite of being a bit tired, I couldn't let go of my relay partners' plan of riding the upcoming race course (MTB relay). So I did. About an hour in the woods. One of the GIRLBIKERS went over handlebars... she was ok other than sore legs and chest. Phew. Another race weekend coming up; Sat., Tree Farm relay (4 riders x 2 lap each, about an 1hr per lap). Sun; Jon Logan Memorial Triathlon - I will be swimming for a team from Jon's office.
#11 of 11 Old 07-22-2014, 05:50 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theia View Post
Hi. I am coming out of lurking to comment on this. In March, my car was totaled, requiring me to buy a new car FAST or spend money on a rental after my insurance company stopped paying for one. A 2014 Rogue would have been my fourth consecutive Nissan, but my dealership told me there were absolutely no deals to be had on Rogues, no incentives, no cashback, etc. They said they couldn't keep them in stock, so basically sorry for my luck. So I bought an Outback. Congrats on getting the car you wanted at the price you wanted!

OK, back to lurking.
Thanks for coming out to play. It's funny those dealerships and their negotiating practices. The Mazda dealer wanted none of it, and there were incentives; Nissan had no incentives but were willing to get a deal done. That said, I believe that it was just this dealership and perhaps just on this vehicle. It was the last of the fleet. I don't know the rest of the story, but it could be that they wanted to clear out the old (2014) to make way for the new (2015, due in Sept/Oct time frame). I am still blown away that they came down to my low ball price level. Every time I slide into the drivers seat and start it up to see the electronics and all of those features come to life, I think about the deal. I could have gotten lucky on the deal due to reasons above, and if I am to believe one of the salesmen, the big guy, who came to us early on to see if he could get us to come up in price, he said that below a certain point they would take a loss. Not sure I get that whole "take a loss" thing. But we did get a super low price.

I loved my Subaru Outback. It was an '06 with 174K miles, and I could have easily gotten a few more years out of it. The reason I started looking for a new car was that I had to sink $1000 into it, and now with the second kid, I thought it better to have a new car for reliability for the family over having a tired but great working car -- because you really never know with those. But I do believe 250K would be easily doable in that vehicle. If not for kids, I'd still be in it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page