• 4 Post By ksurp

#1 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 06:45 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596
TGIF!!! Friday, 11 July 2014 WORKOUTS

It's nearly the weekend, tri-peeps!

Early morning masters swim, 2250y.
Later, 30 "easy pace" miles on the bike.

300 as 75 free, 25 no free
300 as 75 drill, 25 kick
300 as 25 fly, 25 back, 25 free, 25 1-arm free

10 x 75 on 1:30 as
75 free, build
25 R-arm fly, 25 L-arm fly, 25 fly

8x75 as
75 free on 1:30, breathe 3-5-7
75 back on 1:45, 25 with fists/50 stroke

(the next bit I missed)
6x75 as
75 free (don't remember the specifics)
75 breast, 25 dolphin kick/25 flutter kick/25 stroke, build

Cheryl (aka cake)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 354
Likes Given: 3
Cak - I know it's all relative. Boy IM trainees call 30 miles and 'easy' in one sentence... Nice 'rest' week! Enjoy!
Geo - I read the RW article. Scary stuff. Hopefully whatever the treatments you get work.

Early AM pool time for a change. I wasn't that motivated so just enough time for 1500m, mainly focusing breathing and forms. Mtb prob later.

Some chuckling moments in the locker room. Mother/daughter were in the locker room talking in Japanese, as I came in. She was saying "you sh!t kid, doesn't appreciate what I go through...". They prob didn't think I understood Japanese. Anyway, I don't get exposed to that kind of conversation in the Japanese language (I'm not around the japanese people much). I was surprised the mother literally said the word Sh!t to her daughter's face. I didn't know japanese mothers use that kind of language.... Anyway, I was smiling in a shower room, thinking I am not the only one who wants to say something like that to my kid sometimes. (I just don't say it)...

Choose your words carefully, peeps!
#3 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
Yo Sake- Ahhhhhhhhh, the challenge of the teen years when they think they're more important than anyone else AND everyone must give to them. Tough days. Hang in there!

Went for my run this morning. This was my longest run interval of 13 minutes. I'm still only running about 2.50 miles at a time but I'm feeling good so my 6 miles next weekend shouldn't be bad, right? LOL Ooof!!!!

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

#4 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
TT; Won't be bad at all. In fact, I predict you'll sail through those 6 miles.
Cak: Thanks for the kind words. I'm 1000% sure you are right about Kitty. Shedid around 9 yesterday during the run. She is a natural athlete. Love those rest weeks!
Zoj: Yay! Find me please and intro yourself. I may or may not be wearing my team kit (Trifury). I'm kinda not happy with the team right now so I'm not 100% sure I want to identify with them. I'll make a game day decision though. Cak will know me.
Yoshi: I can see my sister struggling with this now hard since she has 4 teens in her house. It also seems that the summer home from college is more challenging the second summer that it was the first. I vaguely remember that from my own college years.

Planned DOR for me. Overslept the alarm and had to rush to the office. I'm thinking that could be a workout.
#5 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 10:26 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

MQ...is your niece ready? This is her first Oly, right?

Cheryl (aka cake)
#6 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 172
Maybe it's a mother daughter thing? Lord knows it seems that way around my house

Good luck racers!

TT - nicely done on the comeback trail ... sure that you'll get through those six miles as well.

Myself, usual commute (about 18 mph - either not feeling it, or maybe it was the unexpected slightly cooler temps ... I guess there will be more of those next week with the VORTEX). Same home for the usual 40.

Longer group ride tomorrow, around the Great Bay and up tidal river in Kittery... ceremonial ride marking the passing of one of the group (he had been battling the big C for a year). Didn't really know him well - but he was well liked by many; long socks the dress du jour in his memory (he always wore them).

Great weekend all...

geo.
#7 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Great workouts all!

I am not looking forward to the teen years; we have enough drama with the preschooler...

DOR for me today. My piriformis is in a nice knot from yesterday, but otherwise I feel pretty good.
#8 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 153
Likes Given: 260
Survived day 1 of Team EN Training Camp at Mont Tremblant. Rode 105 miles of the course today (we cut out a part that had a lot of traffic and people not paying attention - St Jovite). It is bizarre to ride on an interstate highway with huge trucks blasting past you but the road conditions are pristine which is nice. Ran for 20 minutes too but I was out of steam at that point.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend!
#9 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 07:26 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksurp View Post
Survived day 1 of Team EN Training Camp at Mont Tremblant. Rode 105 miles of the course today (we cut out a part that had a lot of traffic and people not paying attention - St Jovite). It is bizarre to ride on an interstate highway with huge trucks blasting past you but the road conditions are pristine which is nice. Ran for 20 minutes too but I was out of steam at that point.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend!
Sweet! Wait until you get into Lac Tremblant! The water is gorgeous! Very clear.

(I didn't ride the St Jovite part either. I hear that part of the course is off of the hook WRT spectators on race day!)

Cheryl (aka cake)
#10 of 10 Old 07-12-2014, 06:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
KSurp: Woot!!!!!! Are you feeling better about the bike?
Mojo to Tammy, Steve, Cak, MQ & Z this weekend! Can't wait for Monday morning RR reading.........hint hint

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page