Saturday - Nov 30 - WORKOUTS! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 7 Old 11-30-2013, 06:54 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 227

P90X shoulders/arms D U N done...off to see the second Hunger games w/DD in a bit...

Hi everyone!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40

12 mile run this morning.  Had a little scare about 3 miles in.  I'm running along and suddenly hear gunshots.  Now, remember, I live in a rural area, so I was in the middle of nowhere.  I look out into the field where the noise came from and 2 guys were out hunting pheasant.  I made some noise and waved my hands in the air so they'd see me and not fire again.  I went on my way, and since I was doing an out and back, made sure that I was really looking for them on the way back.  I saw them again with about 2.5 miles to go.  They were about 200yds across the field, so I yelled "hey" and then waved my arms in the air again.  They waved back, and slung their guns over their shoulders until I went by.  This was the first time in 10 years that anything like this has happened, which is surprising, since I generally run the same areas all the time, with my direction being determined by which way the wind is coming from.  Oh well, all is good.

Have a great day!!

#3 of 7 Old 11-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 175

Balmy 50 mile ride this morning, with three other masochists. It was about 10F at the start ... feet never seemed to get warm until a good, soaking hot shower several hours later. Saw a helicopter hovering over a field. Strange. Low 15's avg. 

Geo. 

#4 of 7 Old 11-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
XFL- Wow, now that is truly a reason to run FAST! I'm glad you heard the gun shots!!!

I was worried about my run today. 3 miles easy and then 2 miles 20 seconds faster than my easy long run last week. I was worried because I haven't run 5 miles in like two months. Well, guess what? I rocked it. Took it easy on the first three (stayed within 10 seconds of each mile and well in my easy run pace) and then nailed my final 2 miles running 40 seconds faster than my run last week. I was smiling and have been all day!!!
#5 of 7 Old 11-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 358
Likes Given: 3
X - hunting allowed in the middle of nowhere (un-designated area)? Yikes. Time to wear orange even during a day ?!
Geo - that's cooold. Nice to have a company.
TT - way to go!

Raced at Detroit CX invitational in Detroit near "8Mile Rd"), organized by DH's club. The Only CX race this year. 45-min race (I rode for 55min) on a hard course featuring velodrome, tequila short cut, snow pile, etc. got lapped by two females.... My excuse was the heavy Mtb and tequila I didn't meant to swallow on all 5 laps. Always a great fun and lots of beer afterwards .
#6 of 7 Old 12-01-2013, 05:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 156
Likes Given: 3

2000m swim and playing in the pool w/ DS2 at the local YMCA. Set's of 200, nothing creative

- If you think you can't, you're right.
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- REJOICE and Whine not! For today you are doing that which most only dream.

www.fatman2ironman.com

#7 of 7 Old 12-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Nothing for me but home improvement again. I'm sure I painted until I wanted to throw up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page