Monday, 10/22 Workouts - KickRunners.com

#1 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4

I'll be running 3-4 tonight easy.

Since there was no Saturday post, I'll tell you about our day.  em73 and I trucked down to Wilmington, NC to watch my Coach in B2B.  It was a surprise and other than LOTS of driving, we had a blast.  To top it off, she went 10:38 to finish 5th woman OVERALL.. 2nd in AG..  Nailed her race plan pretty well.

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 64
Likes Given: 11

On this day in 2012 Lance Armstrong was stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles for doping.  I'm not surprised, it sure seems everyone was doping and you'd have to be superhuman to have won 7 TdF titles racing clean when your competition was doping.  The process sucks, it sure seems that someone is guilty until proven innocent, but I can't really say it's totally unfair either or that there is a better way.  The whole thing just makes me a bit more cynical and sad.

Yoshiko - you'll do great at NYC Marathon!   Can't wait to cheer you on from afar!

Saturday - did 45 min on the exercise bike, mostly easy but with 6 x 30s @ 260w.  Finished up with stretching and foam roller.

Sunday - 1mi in 10 min WU, lunges, then 50 min of easy running.  7.75 mi in 1 hr.  Finished up with stretching and foam roller.

Today - 1 min in 10 min WU, lunges, then 45 min of easy running.  7 mi in 55 min.  Then 6 strides, 4 grapevine, 4 butt-kicks, 4 backward strides, 4 straight-legs, 4 high-knees, 4 skips, 10 box jumps, 15 calf raises, 7 single-leg calf raises each leg and finished up with a myrtle routine.

Stay clean, tri-peeps!

Mike

#3 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315

Oh Lance...*sigh*

Yoshiko - Wow, you are BUSY!  

Adam - Too cool that you surprised your super speedy coach.

AFM - a quick 15min spin on the trailer while I was waiting to change the laundry (aren't you all jealous of my thrilling morning?!).  Dreaming of long runs in the woods, I promise to behave myself and not sign up for some epic race for 2013.  biggrin.gif

#4 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 08:29 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyGirl View Post

Oh Lance...*sigh*

Yoshiko - Wow, you are BUSY!  

Adam - Too cool that you surprised your super speedy coach.

AFM - a quick 15min spin on the trailer while I was waiting to change the laundry (aren't you all jealous of my thrilling morning?!).  Dreaming of long runs in the woods, I promise to behave myself and not sign up for some epic race for 2013.  biggrin.gif

Sparty,  she had a mechanical at Cedar Point and it took them 2hrs to get to her.  If she hand had the same times and no bike mechanical, she would have placed amateur no problem, and possibly to 10 overall, possibly top amateur female.  So, we wanted to support her since her kids and husband were at CP and couldn't get there.. what's 25hour of driving. 

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#5 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdCo View Post

Sparty,  she had a mechanical at Cedar Point and it took them 2hrs to get to her.  If she hand had the same times and no bike mechanical, she would have placed amateur no problem, and possibly to 10 overall, possibly top amateur female.  So, we wanted to support her since her kids and husband were at CP and couldn't get there.. what's 25hour of driving. 

Okay, now THAT is pretty awesome of you guys!  What great friends!

#6 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596

Planned DOR for me today.

Recap:

Saturday:  On the trainer for 55 minutes then off to WPI to watch soccer and meet with cousin architect to consider an addition for the house.

Sunday: 5 mile run then playground workout with K and R to get ready for rebel race next month.  Lots of fun with the playground workout!

#7 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596

3100y at masters swim this morning.  Slow day, with a focus on form.

300 free

200 no free

300 drill

100 kick with fins

3x200 free on 10sr as 50y breathe every 5/150y build

8x100 free on 1:55, nice and smooth (aim for 5-7sr)

3x100 free on 2:00, slow (aim for 4sr)

8x50 free on 1:00, focus on high elbow & good catch, as 25y fists/25y stroke

100 social kick with fins

Cheryl (aka cake)
#8 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 227

1500 m in the LC pool today as:

300 w/u

200 pull

200 kick

3x200 20sr

200 c/d

I had to skip a week in the pool due to a mishap while making applesauce last week...thumb finally healed up to allow it.  cool.gif

P90X core synergistics after work tonight.

Adco - nice that you and Em were able to support coach K - she is unbelievably FAST!

#9 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 175

Just a walk through the nature refuge - shuffling through leaves and trying to catch them as they spiralled down from the trees.

Geo.

#10 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Sat- did Door County Fall 50 as a relay. Our team took 2nd in female open with a 7:10 pace.
Sun- completely off and no running allowed for a week...boo hiss. My coach's punishment for running my legs at sub 7 pace
Monday. Swam pathetically. Back to body balance drills it looks like
#11 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 358
Likes Given: 3

About Lance.... not horribly surprised, but yet very dissapointing to the sports of cycling.  For the sake of the sports and general goodness of what he did to the community surrounding the cancer, I wanted to believe he was clean.  But obviously overwhelming evidences are against us. 

Adco/em - congrats to your coach.  Great that you guys had a good trip!

Mike - Sounds like you are back in North.  I have been having a nagging injury for almost a year.  This will be my first marathon ever to go into without a proper training.  This is also my first marathon to run with my husband.  He has been so busy and hasn't done much MTBking nor running....  Our goal is to enjoy the NYC on foot together and not to kill each other.  4:30 may even a stretch goal.  Will see.  Kids are coming with us - looking forward to a Broadway show and visiting some city highlights!

fox-runner - great to start seeing you here again!  Big race coming up next season?

Squeezed in 2500m swim early in the morning.  I was shocked how SLOW I was.  Never felt comfortable in water.  M/S 5x100m at 2:00, 1x300 pull, 5x100 at 2:00. 

Then a quick 3.5mile run before 5hours ride to Canada.  Extremely tired.  Though my groin/psoas didn't hurt.  I want to believe the PT sessions are helping!  Bad news is I wouldn't be able to see the PT this week. 

#12 of 12 Old 10-23-2012, 05:27 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 156
Likes Given: 3

Yosh - if both going in not properly trained, how about just finishing and enjoying the view? Something to consider. Hard I know, for your ultra-competitve drive - but sometimes it's good to see the "other" side

Me, 50min Cyclocross riding on MTB trails (which is BTW F-Ing Hard) nice to see I'm about 4min/loop faster than last time I did that loop on a cross bike. 5min faster on second loop. Oh, it "was" a 20min loop. And practice mounting and dismounting.

I'm golden on dismounting. I am a complete pansy on mounting. I really like my jewels as is  

- If you think you can't, you're right.
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- REJOICE and Whine not! For today you are doing that which most only dream.

www.fatman2ironman.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page