Sunday 15th June on this day in......... - KickRunners.com

#1 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 07:03 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 2
1934 Hitler and Mussolini ended their first meeting with each other in Venice - They both came away with a low opinion of each other.
(I bet it was nothing like the opinion that most of the world ended up having of them )

Me today nice 15km run - really nice weather pleasant temps - sunny - a bit of wind - I ran really strongly - kept a 9:35 min pace (This is really fast for me on a long run )

Then home to Fathers day gifts and cards and I am being taken out for a Pub lunch later - even better

Have a great Fathers day all you Dads

and a great workout day to teh rest of you

Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 07:21 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 0
CS is making me have a 2nd day with Coach Troy since I failed my date last week...silly me.

So...3 hours of trainer work...followed by a 6 mile run...followed by me writing out cards from the dogs and cat for Mr. T.

Testing!
#3 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
6km run along the river. Back/shoulder/whatever still too sore for paddling

Ella

#4 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40
2hr run this morning, came out to 13.12 miles with my wife riding the bike alongside me. I kept the first hour in high Z1/low Z2. The next half hour was in middle of Z2 and the last half hour was in high Z2. The best thing is, my knee doesn't hurt today. Usually once I get to 10 miles, it feels like I've got a needle being jabbed into my left knee. The only thing I did different is took a 5 minute ice bath immediately after my 96 miler yesterday. That's an old trick from football that kept me from being sore after practices at the beginning of the season. Think I'm gonna use that from now on.
#5 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 11:36 AM

2hr20min ride this morning followed by 10min run. First brick of the season for me, and aside from almost breaking my neck doing a flying dismount, it went pretty well. No spaghetti legs, more like robot legs, but they loosened up.
#6 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Nice solo ride this morning. Went a bit further than planned as I needed food and the next town was a bit further than I though. Oh well. It was a GREAT ride! 58m, 3:22, 17.2mph

Longish transition, then out for a short run. Took a minute to find my legs, then felt like I could ahve gone much further. 2m, 17:27, 8;34pace
#7 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 25
Hmmm....
This getting up and running before church has its benefits.
It's cooler (ok, cooler is a relative term here)
ZERO traffic to worry about.....
And....then it's done and over and the rest of the day is mine, with no time lost.

Sloooooooowwwww this morning, though. I think the legs weren't very happy with me from yesterday. But, I felt like I was running faster than the watch said I was. Oh well, go figure.

ended up being a tad over 5.5 miles. gack! That's a far piece from where I'm gonna need to be come November.

Ferries are for wimps!!
Let's swim!
Swim Trek '08
#8 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Special Member

Back from a 67 mile ride followed by a 3 mile run off the bike. Kept the pace easy around 16.5 mph, and heartrate in low zone 2 to see if it would help my sloshy belly. Also started eating and drinking much earlier on the bike, and...no sloshy belly on my run! Not sure what did the trick, but I'll take it for now.
#9 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 02:16 PM

My date with Coach Troy is OVER! I don't think we'll be dating again...unless TriDaddy says I have to...

The Spinnerval was ROUGH. Why did I sign up for LP again? Sigh.

But...for ONCE my run was much better than my ride

So...3 hour spinnerval followed by 6 miles of hot...I mean HAWT running!

Testing!
#10 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1
Have you explained to Mr T about your dates with Coach Troy?
#11 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 351
Likes Given: 3
60mile ride. It took a good hour before my body started going, due to accumulated fatigue from the hard days. At about half point, saw a friend going the other way. So I chased her down and rode together for the next 20miles or so. Nice to have a company on a long ride for sure. She was the runner of my relay team at Steelhead in 2006 and is going to that race this year (has done a few halfIM). I bet we have about 25+ club members doing that race. It will be fun. Other than the last several miles in Z3, kept z2 (or that was all my legs was willing to do...). Tried to work on my head position on aero and have some neck stiffness now.

Happy Father's day!
#12 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 8
Evil, truly evil. I don't think I can spend more than 90 min on the trainer.

7 mile run. Beautiful day here!

Happy Father's Day to all our Dads!

hobey
Slacker

#13 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 20
40 mile ride with lots of hills for me. Gorgeous day for it, just perfect. My nutrition plan was to consume just enough calories to finish strong, yet starving just as I pulled into the driveway. And I absolutely nailed it. I sprinted the last mile home, walked in the house, and said "Whoa. Me hungry." That's really encouraging, as it tells me I'm getting a good handle on my caloric needs over various distances.

Have a super day, Dads!!

- Le Bannon
#14 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 156
Likes Given: 3
Was supposed to do a 6 hr, 100 mile ride, but that got blown to bits by 55mph winds, hail,and rain. A group of us waiting an hour or so but more storms kept forming and sweeping in at high speed... we almost tried going out but then when we ventured outside it was in the mid 50s, windy, and wet. 1 of 6 of us brought cold weather gear so we bagged it

went home, kids insisted on taking me out to breakfast (they never see me sunday monring so it was a weird treat!) and then I took a nap.. wow... a sleep is more like it. 3.25hrs!! I almost never nap more than an hour. I guess I needed it.

Then off to splash in the pool with the kids and alternate hot tub and cool pool... my back has been bugging me more and more lately and it was hurting this morning before I left... so maybe it was a good thing I didn't go anyway.

no ride
no workout
no nothing

I feel guilty but will play the fathers day card

- If you think you can't, you're right.
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- REJOICE and Whine not! For today you are doing that which most only dream.

www.fatman2ironman.com

#15 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 06:28 PM

Mr. T doesn't get jealous...he knows I'll only put out to him!

He came in and gawked at Coach Troy...he asked how many times could a guy ask a girl to "get on his wheel" on the 2nd date. He was a little concerned about Coach Troy's intentions, but once he realized Troy wasn't gonna hop out of the TV and jump my bones, he went downstairs into his man cave to play World of Warcraft.

Testing!
#16 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Special Member

Joined my group for a group swim at the coast. The coach said 1 mile and you could here "Ugghs" here and there. The mile open water swim was followed by a 40 minute run.

This was only my second miler in open water. I did do a NO NO and came in with a new mask. It leaked like there was no tomorrow. So had to contend with salt water in my eyes for the whole distance.

Did see another swimmer from our group looking unsure at the quarter mile mark. She said she's never tried the mile distance, and would have turned back at that point. Asked her if she wanted to go with me, since I was going slow anyway. She was a happy camper and readily agreed. We made steady progress, dependent on her relative speed and comfort level.

We came in a good 20 minutes after the fast ones, but my swim buddy was beaming with pride at her first miler! She's doing an OLY soon.

I did get whacked by a rogue wave on the way in. Haven't figured out how to time it correctly. Did have a super great time though!

(By the way, I did do a 35-mile ride around a 4-mile loop with strong headwinds in some sections. The woman I was riding with almost got into a bike-to-bike collision with a young boy who wasn't paying attention; he actually clipped her back wheel while we were going about 15 mph and he was going about 8. Don't know how we got out of that one.)
#17 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Special Member

Y'all are NOT gonna believe this... My coach did Flag City tri yesterday. He did really well, pretty sure he got 2nd OA, 1st AG. He waited for results to be posted (HFP Racing is VERY slow.......) Then he discovered... he's not there!!! The person doing registration took his form and stuck it in his bag! So he never got registered! He did have a chip, so hopefully they can fix it.
#18 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Longest ride outside so far. 41.3mi, averaged 14.5mph. Baby steps, I'm getting there! The best part (other than no panic and FINALLY feeling more confident on my bike) I was in Z1 for most of the ride! Cool.
#19 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 8
Excellent Alicia! You'll have those demons licked soon.

hobey
Slacker

#20 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
wow, lots of long stuff for you guys. Nice long runs and rides today. Ron, I was happy that at least you didn't do do anything, so I don't feel like such a slacker. I was out in the yard all day, building a stone wall down by the road. Lots of encouraging words and thumbs up from passing drivers. And, my legs are beat, so I feel like I did something today.
#21 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 32
Likes Given: 23
Father's day present was a 4:45 brick.

4 long boring hours on the computrainer, going pretty hard, great ride actually, kept the watts constant to apply constant pressure, simulate IM. Storms in the morning. By the time I was done I could run outside and ran a 8-7:30 pace easily for 45 minutes. felt great.
#22 of 23 Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
I ran 5 miles this evening at 9:15 p.m. Time for bed! We have VBS all this week! It is going to be a long haul, then DH leaves for Greece on Friday.
#23 of 23 Old 06-16-2008, 02:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 101
Likes Given: 117
Shorter than planned OW swim. Got to the beach a little late... but the break was fine, and the lifeguards were still there for a little while, so I went in even though my spidey sense was tingling a bit from the browner than usual water. Even though the chop wasn't bad at all thing seemed unusually churned up with lots of big swaths of kelp thrown into the mix. Smaller, random bits of kelp, I'm used to. Wasn't thrilled with the big swaths, so I bailed after only 20-30 minutes. Too bad... the water temperature is getting into the low sixties... sooo nice compared to a couple months ago.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page