Special Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 0

Sorry, spaced last-week's.

LW: 191

CW: 192

GW: 185

WL:  +1 lbs

I seem to be going the wrong way.  Need to turn this ship around...

Flounder, just saw this, sorry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Chris - I need your help

I have been running trails each week and sometimes the only time I can get to them (1 hour drive) is during the week.  That puts me on technical trail after dark - I have done OK up to know, but I am not tracking the rocks and roots very well, so I end up running up all the hills - shuffling the flatish stuff and walking the downs.

Can you suggest what you think the best:  Headlamp and small handheld flashlight are?

Last night was a good example - I started at a point in the trail where it is really technical and hilly for 4 miles - So the 40 minutes after dark were on that trail.  I might have went further - But I was not looking to rock hopping when you can only sortof see the rocks.  I had put new batteries in headlamp last time, so that was not the issue.

I prefer a handheld... I don't use a headlamp at all.  The Petzl headlamps are supposed to be awesome though.  As far as handhelds:  Fenix.  I have the Fenix LD-20. 

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=118

It's a GREAT light... I love it.  Super super bright, adjustable brightness settings, and a really long burn time on the lower settings.  I usually run on the 2nd lowest setting and go weeks (months?) w/o changing batteries.  It's pricey, but worth every penny.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 15

Thanks Chris

I went backward also

LW 218

CW 220

Part was the 50 mile race Saturday - Part was the 10 beers and lots of food after the 50 mile race Saturday

I usually pride myself on ideal pacing - But then again sometimes you think it was ideal and you might have left some on the trail.  This time I purposefully went out harder than I thought I should.  4-5 minutes faster on the 1st 9 miles to see what would happen.  Basically my legs felt crisp and burning by mile #12 and I went into active recovery mode and cruised until mile 40 - Then I felt pretty good and hammered home.

Mile 1-9 in @ 77 minutes = 8:33

Mile 40-50 @ 90 minutes = 9:00

by defaults that leaves -

Mile 9-40 @ 5 hours = 9:40 pace

#3 of 3 Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 PM

Likes Earned: 13

SW 220

LW 232

CW 228

Week -4

Total +8

The warm weather seems to help because I didn't really do anything to merit that much loss. A lousy 8 miles last night, but a decent sweat so maybe water loss. Recovering from the strained hammy. Took it easy. Less than 30 miles last week.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page