Likes Given: 0

Current Week: 272

Last week: 280

Week change: -8

Starting Weight: 320

Total change: -48

Goal weight: 220

Weight to goal: 52

Huge week this week, mostly due to the last week of a biggest loser contest, which ended on Sunday. Hard core crunch time. I fasted Friday and Saturday, and went into the final weigh-in on Sunday at noon dehydrated and malnourished - and pulled a 267-lb weigh-in. I came in first place and won $2000. Second place got zero. Officially, I started at 330 and lost 19% in three months.

After rehydrating and overeating on Sunday afternoon (mmmm... steak...) I weighed 272 this morning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 16

Holy cow, nice job!!!!!!!!!!!  That's awesome!

LW: 187

CW: 191

GW: 185

WL:  -+4 lbs

Last week mileage: about 30 miles

Took the week off and got fat! 

#3 of 6 Old 05-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 15

Congrats Steve - You are a Semi-Pro

How long did the contest run?

We had a weight loss competition @ Work (10 years ago - before running) I lost 89 pounds in 90 days for 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post

Current Week: 272

Last week: 280

Week change: -8

Starting Weight: 320

Total change: -48

Goal weight: 220

Weight to goal: 52

Huge week this week, mostly due to the last week of a biggest loser contest, which ended on Sunday. Hard core crunch time. I fasted Friday and Saturday, and went into the final weigh-in on Sunday at noon dehydrated and malnourished - and pulled a 267-lb weigh-in. I came in first place and won $2000. Second place got zero. Officially, I started at 330 and lost 19% in three months.

After rehydrating and overeating on Sunday afternoon (mmmm... steak...) I weighed 272 this morning.

#4 of 6 Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Special Member

Well Chris - I ened the week drinking beer, running only a few miles on Sat-Sun, really dehydrated (I actually get all puffy when I do not drink enough water) and full of poop.

Weight was 235 on Monday 5/2 -
Weight was 220 this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgerber View Post

Holy cow, nice job!!!!!!!!!!!  That's awesome!

LW: 187

CW: 191

GW: 185

WL:  -+4 lbs

Last week mileage: about 30 miles

Took the week off and got fat! 

#5 of 6 Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Special Member

Chris - I need your help

I have been running trails each week and sometimes the only time I can get to them (1 hour drive) is during the week.  That puts me on technical trail after dark - I have done OK up to know, but I am not tracking the rocks and roots very well, so I end up running up all the hills - shuffling the flatish stuff and walking the downs.

Can you suggest what you think the best:  Headlamp and small handheld flashlight are?

Last night was a good example - I started at a point in the trail where it is really technical and hilly for 4 miles - So the 40 minutes after dark were on that trail.  I might have went further - But I was not looking to rock hopping when you can only sortof see the rocks.  I had put new batteries in headlamp last time, so that was not the issue.

#6 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 12:00 PM

Likes Earned: 13

SW 220

LW 231

CW 233

Week +2

Total +13

I really hope there are no more snow storms. Several runs last week were below freezing.

I have been having pain in my feet for a couple of weeks. I think it is caused by my new shoes. Nothing wrong with them, just not enough cushioning. I usually put in gel insoles or a second pair of insoles from another shoe for extra cushioning, but didn't this time. When I started ramping up, the extra mileage caused my feet to hurt. I put the gel in about 2 weeks ago. I eased off the mileage and pace a little, and my feet are almost pain free now. The last two weeks were basically a taper so I am going to put it to good use and run a 30k tomorrow.

A somewhat hilly course around a lake. My PR on the course is 2:41 from 7 years ago, I split 2:37 in last fall's marathon. Based on the sub 47 10k I ran on tuesday mcmillan predicts a 2:32. That seems a little optomistic. I will aim for 2:36 as my main goal but will be happy to finish injury free.

Good job Steve and Mike. Hopefully I will join you with negative numbers sometime this month.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page