Planks pointage - KickRunners.com

#1 of 5 Old 11-30-2007, 11:42 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 2
Can someone tell me how to score planks and/or other types of exercises for the maintain campaign challenge?

Thanks,
Susan

Running in memory of my Dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I believe this is more open than the VRAA. ANY type of exercise you do for at least 20 minutes a day counts for that day's points (cleaning the house does not count, just "exercise" type things). You get 10 points per day plus whatever the activity points from the calendar are (if you do them). We don't break it up as complicated as it was for the VRAA. The point of the exercise points here is to motivate us to stay active during a season where we either 1) tend to eat our own body weight in cookies and stuff or 2) are so busy and stressed with holiday preparations that we blow off or get distracted from our regular exercise routines.

Does that help??
#3 of 5 Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Given: 2
Ummm, some teams have way, way more points than could be accumulated than the regular points for exercising more than 20 mins per day plus the day's challenge. So I think that the maintain campaign participants are adding plank points too. I'm just not clear about how many points you get for different types of planks, plus if there are any other "extra" credit types of points to be potentially earned.

Susan

Running in memory of my Dad.

#4 of 5 Old 12-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Special Member

For any week a team could 70 points per team member that exercises every day. For the first week, if each team member were to do all the activities including a Turkey Trot, which was 30 points versus 20 for adding 2 miles to your normal run, then each team member could potentially earn 70 points for all of the week's activities. A perfect score would be 140 pts per team member or 420 total. However, the weekend's activity points weren't listed on the calendar, only in Cappy's thread for the first weekend. Did you miss them by some chance? I didn't see any team score higher than 420.
#5 of 5 Old 12-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
OK. Define planks. Maybe we are talking about something else??? I thought you were talking about the exercise "plank."

Lkschiller is correct about the point totals. If some teams are all exercising every day AND doing each day's activities, that is the maximum # of points they can earn. For example, you can exercise three times tomorrow, for an hour a session, and you're still only getting 10 points for exercising that day. No extra credit points are possible.

Cappy, can you verify that people appear to be reporting correctly?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page