Running Moms and Dads, Monday - KickRunners.com

#1 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 01:59 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 19
Likes Given: 0

Good morning!

Hope you all had a good weekend. It was nice to see a few more familiar faces pop back in here!

Just enjoying a workout this morning, taking a break from the weekend's runs. Hope you all enjoy the day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 05:16 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

Good morning!  I have simply been too tired to get out of bed in the morning lately.  I will run home from open house at the twins school tonight.

Suds - I drove by you on your run yesterday but didn't realize it until it was too late to holler at you.  How was it?

I hope everyone has a good day.  This is my last week at this job so I am working an extra day to do some clean up work.  They don't have anyone to take my place so I don't know what is going to happen.  Everyone has quit so they are down to 1 part time employee who has only worked here for a few weeks and isn't familiar with any of the clients.  It should get interesting around here. 

#3 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 05:34 AM
Special Member

Sudsy - did you have a good long run this weekend?  Hope you have a good Monday.

Andi - are you starting a new job right after you finish this one?  You must be so excited to move on. :)

No running for me still but that's OK. I promised myself I wouldn't run until after I see my PT guy tomorrow - I'm pretty sure he'll tell me to stop running anyway.  I swam again yesterday and then biked home from the gym and took the long way and made it a 17mi ride.  My bike really needs a tune up!  Swimming and biking are so much harder for me cardio-wise.  Maybe that's a sign that I don't run hard enough!

have a good day!

#4 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 05:40 AM
Addicted Member

:wave:  Missed you guys!  I'm hoping things will start to mellow here for a bit.  Paul, how's the running going?  still Mr Consistency?  Andi-woot on the new job!!  too bad your old company couldn't get their crap together, oh well for them.  Susan-same issues?  or do you have a new thing?  either way the biking and swimming will make you a fierce runner!!

I've got a speed work session on the book today I think.  M training has gotten derailed a bit from my super focus but I've still been running and lifting hard.  I'm definitely looking forward my taper :)

#5 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1

Managed 12 Saturday at a very slow 9:40 pace with a couple patient running pals.  Calf still tight and since the burn I inflicted on myself is healing slowly, I can't really put heat or cold on it without being in more pain, so right now I'm just trying to get that healed up and then work on the inside.  Slow running a few times a week.  That's the plan for the rest of this month. 

Had a great last day at a local amusement park with the girls and their cousins yesterday.  No crowds, decent weather, $50 for the carload.  My kinda day. 

Sorry I haven't been posting much.  Once I get back to regular running routine I'll try to be better.

Gaela, looking forward to hearing about Steamtown.  Sorry I won't be there with you but I would have had to pull out this year anyway. 

#6 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Addicted Member

sucks Johnny, I hope it all heals up quickly for you :(  and **** ya on the $50 family outing!

#7 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Special Member

Sounds like you're in top form.  No pressure or anything ;)

#8 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Special Member

Sisu - What's up with your leg?  Biking and swimming are great (this from the girl who doesn't swim).  I have been cycling a lot lately.  Just ordered a light so I can ride in the mornings that I manage to get out of bed.  I am starting the new job on Monday.  I can't wait!

johnny - heal up!

batmomm - I can't wait to hear how you do at Steamtown.

#9 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Morning my running friends.  I will try to work out a little tonight.  The weekend was busy with cheerleading and baseball but it was a lot of fun.  One son won and one lost.

Paul sorry about the Pats.

Andi nice to see you on here.  Did you get another job?  That is great news.

Susan I hope everything is ok with your knee.

Gaela what marathon are you running?  I an thinking maybe LA in March. Oh I see Andi mention Steamtown.

JB take it easy on the calf.

#10 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 09:53 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Hi Andi, sounds like your still busy as ever. Good luck with the new job! The run yesterday kind of sucked, but only because I ran hard on Saturday and was a little sore.

Hi Sisu! Sounds like your workouts are good, just different. Hope you can get straightened out tomorrow! I had a cutback week this past weekend so I'll be doing 20 before the game on Sunday. Are you still going?

Gaela, you sound like you may be in for a good run at Steamtown! Good luck!

Johnny, sorry to hear you're still hurting, I know what it's like. Don't push it, I know you have that M in California so heal it up right, brother!

Ron, how's your leg doing? I know you've put in a couple of miles lately.

#11 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Fer
Special Member

Hi all!  I'm just getting ready to head out for a run.  I'm just not feeling very motivated the last few days, but hopefully I can pull it together.  I might possibly do a 5k this weekend, but I haven't decided for sure.

Hi Paul!  How's your day going?

Andi-I've got back to school night to go to today, too.  Good luck with the new job!  I'm sure you are very happy to finally be moving on to something else.

Susan-When are you going to see your PT?  Enjoy your other workouts.  I guess it's good to mix it up sometimes, right? 

Gaela-You've been busy superwoman lately, huh? :)  I'm sure you're in great shape for Steamtown.  I can't wait to hear how you do!

John-I hope you get healed up quickly!  Take it easy.

#12 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Hi Fer! Go for that 5k, there's nothing like a race to keep you motivated!

#13 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

Hey y'all, happy monday! Good job to everyone that is running right now. Sorry to the peeps that are recovering from injuries.

Sisu, I find that biking is easier for me than running, cardio wise. Swimming is tough though, because my form is lousy.

Another hot day stuck in the house with the kids. The high is going to be 100, it is about 97 right now. I am so over this heat.

We leave for vacation up north Thursday morning,and I am taking my running gear to take advantage of the cooler temps up there.

I started doing some belly dance stuff I found on youtube today, not as easy as it used to be. I hit a plateau in regards to losing weight, and it sucks.

#14 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 10:50 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Hi LB! Wow, sucks about the heat! The temps around here are dropping pretty good. It actually dropped to 31 degrees in Orange, Ma this weekend.  Almost time to start breaking out the jacket.

#15 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

thanks, Suds. I am just sick of being stuck in the house. Hopefully it will be a little more tolerable tomorrow afternoon for soccer practice.

#16 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Special Member

Hey!

Gaela - I have an IT band issue that started a few weeks after Boston.  I tried to run through it and thought I was getting better but it's not.  I've been doing ART and stretching, foam rolling, etc but it's not getting better.  My chiro freaked me out by suggesting I might have a torn meniscus but I know he's wrong!  Sounds like you are going to have a great race at Steamtown!

LB - I can't believe the heat there!  It's supposed to be in the 30s tonight here.  I hope you get some relief soon.  

Suds - yes, we're still going.  Not sure where our seats are though.  

Fer - Hope you had a good run today!  I go to PT tomorrow.  

Ron - Sounds like you had a good weekend.  Still having perfect weather out there?  :)

Andi - I agree that cycling is great but yesterday there were SO many hills!  It was a challenge but a lot of fun.  So exciting that you start your new job on Monday!

JB - sounds like you are doing the right thing for the leg.  How did you burn it?  I have a friend who was icing her heel with an ice pack and gave herself frostbite on the bottom of her heel.  It was ugly and painful!  SIgning up for Boston is right around the corner!  I bet it will fill up within a month this year if not sooner!  All of the "fast and flat" marathons around the NE seem to have filled up early so I bet a lot of people are hoping to BQ.

Kid1 is home so I gotta go!  Yoga for me tonight :)

#17 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Fer
Special Member

I ended up running 8 miles, and it felt pretty good.  I think maybe I will sign up for the 5k this weekend.  I have not run a race since Robie Creek in April of last year, so it's been awhile! 

LB-I bet you're excited for some cooler temps.  How long will you be on vacation?  I came back to Idaho this time expecting I would at least get to enjoy some nice crisp fall weather, and instead it's been hotter here than in CA!!  It was 90 every day since I got here until today.  Annoying!

#18 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Special Member

Susan, what day does boston reg open? I'm signing up on day one.  And I don't think I'll be alone.  I microwaved my hot/cold pack for too long I think.  It felt really hot but I figured I was just being a wuss and that the heat would help my calf.  Well it blistered up on me and then my pants rubbed on it and tore some of the skin off and so I have some really raw skin back there.  Had to buy the biggest band-aid I could find and put neosporin on there to keep it protected.  I think it would heal much faster dry, but I'm gonna have to leave this bandage on a couple days.  I am an idiot.  I need to see someone about my calf, but not until I heal this burn. 

#19 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Paul the legs feels really good.  I haven't been pushing it too much.  The longest run so far is a little over 3.  Just need to keep at it.

Susan the weather has been pretty nice right in the lo 80's.  Wed it is suppose to be in the 70's and 100 by the weekend.  Im through with the heat.

#20 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post

Susan, what day does boston reg open? I'm signing up on day one.  And I don't think I'll be alone.  I microwaved my hot/cold pack for too long I think.  It felt really hot but I figured I was just being a wuss and that the heat would help my calf.  Well it blistered up on me and then my pants rubbed on it and tore some of the skin off and so I have some really raw skin back there.  Had to buy the biggest band-aid I could find and put neosporin on there to keep it protected.  I think it would heal much faster dry, but I'm gonna have to leave this bandage on a couple days.  I am an idiot.  I need to see someone about my calf, but not until I heal this burn. 

i think it opens on 10/18 which is the day after Baystate.  There will be a TON of people registering the day it opens and I will be one of them :)  Sorry about the burn - that just stinks!  Yes, go see someone about your calf because I don't want you to still be dealing with this at your Dec marathon!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page