Running Moms and Dads, Monday - KickRunners.com

#1 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 01:40 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 19
Likes Given: 0

Good morning!

It's Monday, time to rise and shine!

Looks like there was some good running had by all this weekend. Yesterday's run was a wet one for me, but the rain felt good anyway.

Hope you all have a great day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

Hey Paul.  Glad you had a good run yesterday.  Did you run today?  Do you have any races on the schedule for the fall?

I ran for about 45min this morning and will finish up my run later on the TM.  I had the dog with me and 5mi was enough for him - he'd run all day but I didn't want to over-do it.  My IT band is tight and a bit sore so I really need to stretch it before I run more.

happy Monday everyone! 

#3 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1

No run for me yesterday.  Poured first half of the day and by the time I got around to thinking about it, there was a middle of the day bike theft from our garage that had been opened for maybe 15 minutes.  Some terrific guy saw it happening, pulled his car up on my lawn and demanded these fucking degenerates drop the bikes.  I was actually sitting on the couch on the latop.  I heard someone yelling outside but didn't realize what was going on until I saw the thieves tearing through the backyard.  Didn't get a look at their faces.  This guy successfully prevented one of our bikes from being stolen and one of someone else's.  Unfortunately we lost Erin's.  By the time I got the deadbolt open on the front door, I got to the corner and the shits were no where in sight.  I was wearing jeans and sandals so I couldn't have caught them anyway.  Today I'm just fucking angry.  Angry at myself for leaving the garage door open, angry at the parents who don't give a **** about their kids stealing someone else's things, angry that I didn't catch the little *****.  That is probably actually a good thing because I probably would have ended up getting stabbed or shot.   It is just unbelievable to me that anyone would go into someone else's home and take what doesn't belong to them.   God love this guy who could have just minded his own business.  Instead he saved about $600 worth of bikes and put himself at risk.   By the way, this all happened on a busy corner with the sun shining and both of our cars in the garage.  Me and Col and Maeve were all in the house. 

#4 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Fer
Special Member

Hi Suds and Susan!

Johnny-That is just awful.  I don't know what is wrong with some people.  Very nice that your neighbor was able to help just a little bit, though.  I would be so angry, too.

I didn't run yesterday, we had a baseball game in the morning and baseball practice in the afternoon and then we went to dinner with my inlaws.  2 of the kids went on a trip with grandma and grandpa this week, so it's going to be a very quiet week.

#5 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Addicted Member

Morning (well for 10 more minutes at least) my running friends!!!!

Just got back from my chrio appt.  Don't know if he released like 8 billion endorphins or what but **** that felt GOOD!!  He worked on my foot some but it is still pretty sore.  The ligaments have all frozen up from being in this **** shoe for 6 weeks and not pushing off my toes at all.  Hurt but feels better now.  He worked my back as well and I go back 2 more times this week.  I see my foot doc tomorrow too.  Gonna get this thing back on track and get my ass back out there!!!

Sudsy - glad you had a good rainy run!!!  Are the girls back at school?  Does Tank miss them?

Susan - I can't wait to get back out running so that I can teach the puppies to run w/ me!!  It must be really nice having a companion.  I saw a dog once in the park who carried his owner's waterbottle for him in his mouth!!  Had a special little handle and everything! 

JB - Awesome run this weekend!!  When is your next big race?  I see all these little 5K's being advertised around here and am just dying to do some.  I'm sorry to hear about yesterday's incident.  DH and I talk all the time about what is happening to kids in today's society.  Just this Friday, there was a kid, about 13 or 14, sitting on his bike between our house and our neighbors house when we were leaving - just sitting on his ass.  I asked if I could help him and he didn't even look up, just said "No".  Not "No thank you" or anything.  I contemplated calling the cops but DH talked me out of it.  We had a rash of break ins in the neighborhood this time last year, all during the day.  I am glad we still have DH's old car b/c there is always on car in the driveway making it look like we are home. 

Off to finish lunch for the girls!!  Tonight is open house at school and Wednseday is the first day!!!

#6 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

**** JB that sucks.

Nicole, glad you are feeling good. Don't get me started on kids these days and lack of manners.

hey fer and sisu and suds!

another hot day stuck in the house. laundry and dishes and hanging out with the kiddos as per the usual. Max slept 7 hours straight last night, which is freaking awesome. He is so much different than Elise as a baby, it is crazy.

#7 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Afternoon my running friends.  I will probably work out a little tonight.  I ran 1 - 10 minute mile on Saturday so I might run another mile tonight along with some weights.

Keep up the good work Paul.

Nice run Susan.  Glad to see you doing well.

Hi my wife. 12 more days until Hawaii.

LB 7 straight hours is really good for that age.  All of my kids are different.  Something I never would have thought before I had kids.

#8 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Ron
Special Member

JB that really suck but nice to see that a neighbor stepped up and helped out.  Not everyone is bad.

#9 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Special Member

Well JB that really stinks.  Hard to believe that someone would walk up to your garage in the middle of the day when you were obviously home and steal bikes.  Punks.  Any idea if they were caught?

Ron - 12 days until Hawaii - I'm jealous!  What do you do for a workout when you aren't running?

LB - woohoo Max!  7hrs must feel so awesome.  Hard to imagine it being too hot to be outside!  It's a different world up here.

Nicole - sounds like you are doing everything you can to get back out there running.  I'm sure you will be back soon!

Fer - a quiet week sounds so nice.  Hope you can get a run in today :)

I did a little more running on the TM for a total of 80min of running today which was what I had on the plan.  I also did about 30min of yoga for runners.  I gotta get this IT band thing figured out and I think this will help.

#10 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Addicted Member

ack too busy here for me to get it all now, dh has a buddy coming over and i'm gonna cook for them.  I ran 10 on the tm last night and 8 on the bike.  Today did lower body and will run while the boys "play", not sure how far, 6-10mi. 

will be back later to chat you all up.

Johnny glad you didn't get in the middle of anything and kill some punks ;)

#11 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Fer
Special Member

Nicole-Glad your chiro got you all fixed up today!!

Susan-Great job on your running and yoga.  Ron really hasn't been doing much cardio since his leg has been hurting.  Everything he tried seemed to aggravate it, so he stopped it all and has just been lifting weights.

Aimee-Very exciting about Max's sleeping!  What a good baby. :)  That makes for a very happy mama!

Gaela-You are a machine.   Nice workouts.

I ran 4.2 miles today and I will probably go back to the gym with Ron tonight when he gets home.

Our kitchen is STILL torn apart.  GRRRRR!!!!!  I'm just sitting around waiting for someone to call and tell me they are coming to put it back together.  Who knows when that is going to happen.

#12 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Special Member

Ron, it is freaking amazing for any age as far as I am concerned. Elise has only recently started to be a good sleeper, at 4.5. She is non stop all.the.time. Max is so much more laid back. He's my chill little guy.

Susan, we have had some really stupidly hot temps this year, worse than usual. The heat index some days has been as much as 120 degrees, which is INSANE. This whole summer has been one big long heat advisory. There have been almost 2 dozen heat related deaths in our county this summer. :(

#13 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Ron
Special Member

Susan I mostly lift weights.  I am preparing my body for the Olympics.

#14 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Jen
Special Member

Hi everyone! 

Bunny- congrats on an easy going well sleeping baby!  It's been hot here this summer- I can't imagine what it's like where you are! 

Ron- You'll do great in the Olympics....I am proud to say that I'm pretty good at Wii Olympics and I  know that counts for a lot.

Nicole- I'm glad your footsie is doing better.  Do you know when you can start running again?

Gaela- enjoy your 10!

Fer- are they going to do any improvements when they fix your kitchen?  I can't imagine not having a kitchen with such a big family.

Sudsy! How are you?

JB- that sucks!  I'm glad you were okay. We had several bikes stolen while living in Irondequoit in broad daylight.  I just don't get it.

Susan- nice running and yoga today!

I did my second tri yesterday.  It was a woman only race which was fun.  We had perfect weather which is unheard of in Richmond in August.  My chip fell off my ankle in the swim so I had to stop twice to put it back on and I panicked.  I think entire incident cost me 2 minutes.  Next time I'm pinning the thing together- I was so mad.  Besides that the race went well.  I did better than I expected on the bike, taking 6 minutes off my previous bike time (partly to having a road bike but I did train more).  The run was mostly uphill so it was slow but I got it done and came in the top half (bottom of the top half, but that was my goal).  I was tired today but felt good enough to go to Body Pump using light weights for squats and lunges. 

#15 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Fer
Special Member

Jen-Great job on your tri, even with losing time from your chip!  No, they aren't doing any improvements on the house.  Just replacing everything back the way it was.  Oh well.  I will just be so happy to have it back in one piece that I'm not going to complain.

#16 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Special Member

Socksy and I did a recon run into the 'hood after dinner tonight.  Lots of kids out on bikes.  I didn't spot Erin's, but it's out there...somewhere.  I didn't venture in too deep as it was getting late.   Beautiful cool night.  Felt more like mid September than late August.  Perfect night for a 6 miler.  I was feeling lethargic and still sore from this weekend.  Can't remember the last time a training run, or maybe it was all the squatting to pull weeds for hours that killed my quads.  Whatever it was, the run felt great and I'm glad I went out. 

#17 of 17 Old 08-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Special Member

Jen, congratulations on your race! Was it a pool swim? what distance? I'm thinking about a race next year with an open water swim, depending on how well it goes getting back into training and fitness stuff.

The heat sucks worse than usual this year, but it will be nice and cool next month when we go up north to MI and IL. We are staying in a cabin in MI and the first thing I asked was "does it have air conditioning?" and my FIL laughed, and said at the end of September we won't need it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page