RMAD Saturday - johnnyb is king - KickRunners.com

#1 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 07:40 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1

C'mon peeps, its 10:37!  Wake up!!

16.7 miles today.  One long break after 6 then a couple 60 - 90 sec breaks.  Some nice pace miles.  Made up for a lame week.  Sub 7 last .7 mile and a bunch of low 7s in the last 10.  Still not fast enough to hang with the Speedy Gonzales of the group.   Sub 7 pace. Yowza, not ready for that yet. 

The yard calls...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0

really that's all you got?  LOL  I only did 11 today-flip flopping my Sat/Sun runs.  Had some early pet sitting to do and just couldn't get up even earlier.  Not sure what the rest of the day will look like.

#3 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Special Member

Hey Johnny and Gaela-

Nice run John.  How's the yard coming along?  Hope you get a chance to relax with an adult beverage of your choice later.

Gaela - good job fitting that run in with your busy day.  Is your BQ time 3:40?  You must be feeling pretty awesome with all of the running and strength training you've been doing!

I had a crazy long run today.  I couldn't face 2 1/2hrs of running on the roads so I went to Pineland which is where they hold a 25k, 50k and 50mi trail race each May.  I ran the 25k two years ago and today I tried to follow that route.  I had two maps printed out because the trails can be confusing for someone like me who apparently has no sense of direction.  It's all uphills and downhills but nice wide dirt/rock/grass trails and fields.  I started out OK and planned to stop around 2 1/2hrs or a bit less depending on my IT band.  RIght around 2hrs my IT band started hurting but I knew I was able to go for 2 1/2hrs and kept running.  I got lost and ended up running in circles and added almost 30min more to my run.  It was tough but fun.  I'm still not sure if my IT band is going to get me through a fall marathon but I've got some time to figure that out.  Anyway, it was an adventure and I think I'll do a couple more of my long runs there this fall.

Have a good weekend!

#4 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 04:13 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1

Susan, sounds like a tough run.  Hope you recover OK.

Gaela, you always get the miles in no matter the schedule.

I pulled weeds by hand from the sidewalks, curbs, patio, brick walkways for 5 hours til my fingers were sore, but I did get it done.  **** that was a back killer though.  I think I'm getting very old.  Screw the edging, will do that tomorrow.  Didn't have it in me today.   Time for a beer. 

#5 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Addicted Member

yeah BEER!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page