Running Moms and Dads, Wednesday - KickRunners.com

#1 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 02:23 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 19
Likes Given: 0

Good morning!

Done with the usual stuff this morning.

I'm hoping it's going to be a lot less humid today, Man, it was sticky yesterday!

SB, sounds like we're both doing the same thing to try to keep this priformis crap under control. I know Sisu feels better after the chiro too. I need to try to work that into my schedule, but it's hard to find the time when I'm working 11 or more hours a day. Right now I'm working with a lot of stretching.

Sorry about the damage to dh's uncle's house, that was horrible!

Fer, nice job on the 5! Hope the kitchen doesn't take too long to get fixed up!

Sisu, sounded like a nice run yesterday. Nice shoes-I'm sure you can be spotted from quite a distance.

The concert that I went to was J.Geils and Aerosmith at Fenway Park. It was awesome!

Ron, hope you had a good workout.

LB, sounds like you're pretty busy!

Batmomm, Nice workout! Hope the class went well!

Off to the shower!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

Hey Paul!  I'm not a big Aerosmith fan but I do like J Geils and I bet it was a blast to see a concert at Fenway.  You need a chiro who will do house calls - maybe you can get someone to come to the shop for you :)  Perhaps you could get a group discount if you have him adjust and stretch all the guys in the shop!  haha  I thought I had piriformis but it turned out to be an issue with my pelvis being tilted on one side and strength imbalance but the symptoms were very similar to piriformis.  I know how painful it is and I hope that you can get rid of it soon!

I had a really nice 9 mile run this morning.  I love running for time rather than distance - it just seems easier.  I was supposed to run a bit more but I had to get home so dh could go to work.  I have a chiro appointment later today and then dh and I are going to see "Spamalot" tonight at the local music theatre.  Should be fun!  Have a good day everyone!

#3 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 2

Morning everyone!

I didnt get back out yesterday...did some back to school stuff, ds3 had a friend over for the afternoon and then he started flag football after supper.  Fall sports are getting into full swing at our house!  Am waiting for the thunderstorms to roll thru this morning and then will hopefully get out after that! I have not used my gym membership all summer!! The thought of running on the tm right now makes me cringe! I will wait until the cold!

Suds...They are not sure if my sciatic is irriating it and causing it to flare or if that is irriatating my sciatic??  I do think it started from the bikes at the gym and then my altering my gait when I was running.  I have weak glutes and hips and for whatever reason my right side is the one that always takes the beating! this is the same side I dealt with the it band issue for 6m or more!  FRUSTRATING!

Sisu..LOVED the shoes!  flashy but cute! have you still been barefoot running this summer? Have a fun date night with dh tonight!!

that video of the tornado is hard to watch.  it took out their house and 4 of the 5 farm buildings.  What made me cry was that at their 50th anniversary party iin july, one of their girls had made them a beautiful quilt with family photos on it....pics of their children, grandchildren, their wedding photo and even baby photos of them. It was absolutely gorgeous and you could tell many hrs of love went into making it...I teared up when I saw the quilt that day it was so beautiful and I could tell it meant so much to dhs aunt.  They did find it, and a friend willl be able to restore it.  you can replace a house and furniture and and clothes but those are things that you can not replace....there were 70+ yrs of memories in that house for dh's uncle and my heart just breaks for them..they were returning from town when it hit and watched the tornado from a neighbors farm!. so heartbreaking!

alright better go get some stuff done! Have a great day!!

#4 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1

Hey guys!  Been MIA due to closing out my contract w/ the school system.  But now I am officially DONE and feel like a HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders!  To celebrate, we went to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend and everyone had a great time.  Today was a trip to the Farmers Market and now the girls are happily eating fresh goat cheese. 

Had a dream last night that I was RUNNING!!!  I was on the side of a road walking home from somewhere and I thought "Eh.  Let's just run" then I thought "Oh wait!  I can't run b/c of my foot" but I was already running and it didn't hurt!!!!  Funny thing is, I finally took the nerve blocker that the doctor prescribed last night too - coincendence?  LOL!!!  I'm not going to take it anymore though.  **** did that make me groggy!!!

Sudsy - how's the Tank man?!?!?  DH took the dogs and kids to the bark park yesterday and said there was a black lab puppy that our puppies played with.  That was a first - usually they run away from all other dogs and yelp!  LOL!  Did I read that right that you went to an Aerosmith concert?!?!??!?!?

Sisu - forgot to mention that in my dream I was running barefoot!  Must have been a tribute to you!  Good luck at the chiro today.  I have an appointment w/ mine next week too.  I don't have any shoes that match the sole thickness of this stupid shoe that I have to wear so I have been walking all uneven the last month and it has thrown everything out of whack.  Hope you guys have a great time tonight!!!

#5 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Fer
Special Member

Good morning everyone.  I just got done unloading all of the cabinets, and now I am waiting for the workmen to come and get started.  It's going to be quite a mess.  The good news is that it's date night tonight.  The kids won't be home tonight so we will go to the gym after Ron gets off work and then go get something to eat at this vegetarian place we both love. 

Suds-It's hard to take care of yourself when you are working so much!  I like Susan's idea about getting a group rate at work. :)

Susan-Great job on your 9 miles!  Have fun at the musical tonight!

Staci-It sounds like you were very productive yesterday anyway, even if you didn't get back out to run.  The quilt you talked about sounds beautiful.  I hope it is able to be restored as close as possible to what it was. 

#6 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Fer
Special Member

Hi Nicole-That is too funny about your dream.  I'm glad to hear you had a fun celebration weekend.  What's the next project?

#7 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Special Member

Finally last night an 8 mile hilly run after a 3 day goose egg for me.  Calves felt a bit tight.  It was about 80 but nice and dry and breezy.  Love when the humidity finally breaks. 

Staci, that is so tragic about your uncle's place.  Those tornadoes are so powerful, amazing to watch.

I found my McMillan book...right in my running closet where I put it.  Doh!

I just saved a bundle on my car insurance by switching to Geico....REALLY!

#8 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Addicted Member

Staci - was the house in the video your DH's aunt and uncle's house?!?!?  WOW!  I have lived through my share of tornados but seeing it like that is surreal!  I am glad that they are OK and the quilt can be restored.  Many prayers going their way!!

#9 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Addicted Member

whooooooo and we're halfway through the week--one step closer to SCHOOL!!  LOL

Today I did speed work, 6x800, 2x1200, and then 10 min of 12% incline 20 sec sprints, 10 sec rest (can't find the little throwup smiley), including warmup and cooldown it was right at 10 miles.  Since the party at the VA RnR half got canceled and I have the room still, we decided for the whole family to head up, the boys can play at the beach and think mom and dad actually planned a mini vacation for them ;)

I agree with the roving chiro Paul!  Just have one of the guys at the garage work on your pirformis

Nicole-I told Carl he'd get to see his skanky ho in VA Beach :)

Staci-glad they can save the quilt.  You're right it's hard to replace those kind of memories.

Susan-coolest shoes ever!  Have fun at the chiro.

Fer-have a fun date tonight!  Good luck with the kitchen chaos!

Johnny-love how you sneak 53 miles in on vaca.  You're a beast :)  about time you got back ont he road now, 3 days...wtf?

#10 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Special Member

HI Nicole! How are you??  Yes it was their house in that video! amazing to watch it that close isnt it! Those storm chasers are dumb! :)

Alright still no running but did manage to finish up fin aid stuff for ds....I will be so happy when school starts! now off to visit grandma and then home to run!

#11 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Special Member

Happy hump day to you too Gaela!!

#12 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Addicted Member

CARL'S COMING TO VB!?!?!??!?! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  Tell him I will check the shuttle stops to see if there are any cheesesteak places nearby.... :)

Staci - HOLY CRAP!!!  You said they weren't home at the time, right?  That is just HORRIBLE!!! 

Just wrapping up the insurance stuff for my company.  Health insurance is nothing compared to the crap you have to do for General Liability, Workers Comp and Errors and Ommissions insurance.  UGH!!

#13 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 11:43 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 19

Sisu, nice run this morning! Hmm, a group chiro session in the shop. Interesting.

SB, I'm with you on that sciatic thing. I was told my sciatic was getting irritated by the piriformis. Sounds like a busy fall for you!

Nicole, Tank is doing great, he's up to 35 lbs, and getting strong. Likes to run, too. I have him up to about a mile. Too bad we didn't have a bark park here, Tank could use a buddy.

Fer, have fun tonight! Yeah, baby!

Johnny, nice running last night. I'll bet the rest made you stronger.

Batmomm, you crazy mo' fo'!!! Sounds like a **** of a workout!

#14 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Special Member

JB - that's funny about Geico.  We just switched from Geico to a local insurance agency and saved a bunch of $!  Good job on your run - I love this lower humidity too!

Staci - that is sad about the house but I'm so glad that the quilt can be saved.  Yes, I'm still barefoot running now and then.  Yesterday I did my speedwork barefoot on grass.  It's fun!

Sudsy - I'll send my dog down to your house for a few weeks so Tank has a buddy.  They'd both sleep well at night I'm sure!

Gaela - my legs would probably fall off If I did that on a TM. Or, I'd get thrown off the back and make a scene at the gym.  

Fer - hope you and Ron have a nice date night!

Nic - that's a funny dream!  Congrats on finishing up the contract - do you have another project coming up?  My chiro the reason I can keep running I swear!  I'm glad you are going to see yours next week.

Gotta go play soccer with dd!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page