Running Moms and Dads, Monday - KickRunners.com

#1 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 01:29 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 19
Likes Given: 0

Good morning!

The weekend was a good one. The weather was perfect, I saw a great show Saturday night and had a good run yesterday. Today is kind of a recovery day, I'm a little on the beat side.

Hope you all had a great weekend too and enjoy the day today!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

Hey Paul!  Glad you had a good weekend.  Sounds like you had lots of fun.

I've been visiting family in NY for the last week and we had a great time.  We competed in a really fun race called "The Great Race" where I ran a 10k, dh biked and my fil and sil paddled a canoe.  We also went to Niagara Falls, a cool train museum and then spent the last few days on a boat with my parents.  It was such a nice trip and now it's back to reality.  I did a long run yesterday that made me question why I run and if I'll really be able to run a marathon in October.  It was awful and I felt like crap.  I'm hoping that it was because I sat in a car for 8hrs the day before and was just tired.  I tried out my new running shoes and I think they will work.  I got some crazy bright pink Newtons.  I mean like blinding pink with yellow accents.  haha!  My girls love them but I think I'll like them better when are dirty and a little less shocking!  

off to the grocery store.  Have a good day!

#3 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Fer
Special Member

Paul-It sounds like you  had a great weekend!  Take it easy today, it sounds like you need some rest.

Susan-Your trip sounds fantastic!  The race sounds like it was a lot of fun, and obviously it's great to spend time with your family.  Sorry your long run wasn't great.  I never feel good running after traveling, so hopefully your next long run will feel much better.

Everything is great here.  Just staying busy with all the kids activities.  Our kitchen is about to get torn apart because there was a leak in the wall and they have to tear out and rebuild most of the cabinets.  I'm not real thrilled about that, but at least we're not paying for it.

I'm still struggling to find some consistency with my running and start building up the miles again so I can even start to think about racing.  I'm feeling pretty good these days, so I guess I have the anemia under control.  I just can't seem to find the motivation to run more than 6 or 7 miles.

#4 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Addicted Member

Paul, I want more details!!  was it amazing?  I assumed that when there was no thread started yesterday, you were recovering LOL

Susan-cool shoes!  Sounds like a fun race too.  And you know enough to throw that last run in the crapper where it belongs and move forward. 

Fer-nice to not have to pay for the kitchen work.  Just keep plugging away with the running and you'll get it back.  Funny thing is I have a harder time getting the 6-7's in.  I guess I know that I can't skip the longer ones but the shortish ones feel like a big time suck :)

did my lower body workout today.  Am hoping to get 5ish later...time suck LOL

#5 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Fer
Special Member

Gaela-I guess that's one of the benefits of renting.  I would be totally bummed if this were our house and we had to pay for all this work!  Yikes!  Have a good run later. :)

#6 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1

Wow, i read through a week's worth of posts in about 5 minutes.  Looks like we're barely hanging on here.  We had a great week at the Cape.  Lots of beach time and logged almost 53 miles and about 25 on the bike.  Really nice time with some great meals and fun memories.

I had a goose egg this weekend with packing, a 10 hour car ride and unpacking on Saturday, then rainy Sunday followed by 4 hour van cleanout.  Got most of the sand out I think...

I think I lost my McMillan Advanced Marathoning book and I'm pissed!  I need to get myself back into program mode! 

Sudsy sound like you really enjoyed the weekend.

Susan, glad you had fun, recovering from long rides takes me a couple days.

Hi Fer, sounds like all is well out your way, save for a few kitchen cabinets!  Nice photobooth pics on FB.

LB, I can't believe MAx is a month already, holy cow!  Is he sleeping through yet?>  My teenagers were home one day before the sleepovers started up.  They were making popcorn at 1:15AM.  I guess they aren't little babes anymore!

#7 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Afternoon my running friends.  Back to the grind but only 19 more days until Hawaii.  Not that I am counting or anything.

Paul your weekend sounded nice to me.   Jennifer and I need to get to a concert soon.

Susan that sounded like a fun race.  Your going to do great in October.  If we always felt good on runs we would be putting in 50 mile days.

Nice picture Gaela.  I think you are getting younger.  How is that possible?

JB your vacation sounded fun.

#8 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Fer
Special Member

JB-Your vacation sounds great.  Great job getting so many miles in.  I only ran 7 miles during our last vacation.  Thanks about the FB photos.  I liked how they turned out.

#9 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

Catching up, with a glass of wine.

This place is hopping today, comparatively speaking. ;)

Paul, I heard you got to talk to my mister the other day. Hope he fixed whatever it was that was broken. Glad you enjoyed the show, I figured it would be good.

Sisu, those shoes sound like something Elise would love, heh. Your race sounds like fun, and your vacation. 

I'm jealous of everyone's vacations right now. We are going to MI and IL at the end of September but 13+ hours in a car with two kids is going to be interesting.

JB, I am having a hard time believing it has been a month already too. Feels like time has flown, and yet it is already hard for me to imagine life without the little guy. He is a fantastic sleeper compared to Elise at this age. His disposition is just so different from hers as a baby, and while I loved my girl, this little guy is just the bees knees.

Fer, that sucks about the water in the wall but glad you don't have to be the one that fixes it. I have had enough water damage dealings to last my whole life.

DB signed Elise up for soccer yesterday, I'm officially about to be a soccer mom. She is SO excited.

I go back to the DR next week and hopefully will get cleared for exercise beyond toting these children around. I'm going to start over with C25K, and pick up with cycling again. I did not think I would miss running and riding as much as I have.

#10 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

and a little gratuitous baby picture spammage:

39665_484719168101_806473101_6958715_8350975_n.jpg

JohnnyB likes this.
#11 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Fer
Special Member

Aimee-LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture!!!  What a cutie pie!  I'm excited for you to be able to pick up with running again.  I hope you get the all clear and can jump right back into it!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page