Weekend Oct 17-18 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 5 Old 10-17-2015, 09:22 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20
Likes Given: 20
Weekend Oct 17-18

Good luck tomorrow, KS! I'll be looking forward to seeing your result.

I had a hectic week at the conference, but managed a couple of 5K recovery runs in the early morning as the sun rose on Lake Michigan. Really enjoyed Chicago and would love to go back. Just not for another marathon.

Connected with my trail peeps this morning for an easy 7.5 miles in crisp cold sunshine. Felt fine. We got our first frost last night..... thankfully I got in early enough to chuck some plants under a tarp so I can get them repotted and brought indoors for the winter today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 5
There should be frost here in the morning. Tonight is the calm before the storm.
#3 of 5 Old 10-19-2015, 09:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 3
our nights have been getting chilly but still no frost. I was actually out in my garden yesterday, working up a sweat, doing some fall cleanup and I amended one garden bed and planted some garlic.

ran a 10K on Saturday. a full 10 minutes slower than my PR, which is also set on this same course, but still managed to get a 2nd AG. PR was 52:05, compared to 1:02:53 yesterday. But considering I haven't even run a continuous 6 miles all summer and several weeks, 6 miles is all I did over the course of a week of running, I was just happy to run this 10K continuously, without walk breaks. . . although I did think about it. . .

~Tammy~

#4 of 5 Old 10-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 1
Congrats on the AG hardware Tammy.

My plan was to run an 18 mile progression run on the treadmill Sunday. After the first mile I was at 8:00 pace and .5% incline. I increased the speed 1 mph every mile. I also did a quarter mile hill each mile at 3.5% incline decreasing the speed to keep the same effort. I made it to 14 miles and 6:49 pace when I couldn't go any longer. With the gain of 850 ft elevation, the run was closer to a 15 mile effort and my total time was 1:47:30.
#5 of 5 Old 10-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 3
well, based the intensity of that TM run, Rip - I guess we can cut ya some slack on not doing the 18 miles.

beast!

~Tammy~

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page