7.27 Monday - KickRunners.com

#1 of 4 Old 07-27-2015, 11:58 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 5
7.27 Monday

Hi all. 5.5 miles this morning. Got to run w a buddy I hadn't run w in a long time. He and family are headed to Portland Wednesday. Taking his 7th grade son down to see the track and Pre's monument. The older son is going into at at school and doing a big swim meet. He will prob get a full ride to a major university for his swimming.

Hot as it can be down here. Hope to run again tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 1
I got to run 2 laps around the Hayward field track when I was out there. Didn't go see Pre's rock though.

I spent all day roofing. Tear off and sheeting wasn't bad in the morning but hot 87°and sunny in the afternoon laying shingles. Did a pretty good job keeping up on my hydration.

4 easy miles this evening.
#3 of 4 Old 07-28-2015, 08:38 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 3
went out for just a couple miles on the trails with the dogs when I got home yesterday. and then said "so long" to our nice comfortable weather. upper 90's today and then 100's for probably the next week. even the nights will be around 70, so not comfortable sleeping weather. Leaving for camping again this Saturday at one of my favorite places - Lost Creek reservoir which is where I ran the 30K around the lake this past spring. great trails in this area and even though it'll still be hot there, the campground is comfortable with lots of shade trees, relief in the lake or a short drive to Rogue River and nights are much cooler.
So, David informed me last night that he likely won't continue running. He'll go to summer practices for one more week but said he really is not enjoying running anymore. He was hoping that summer practices, with his teammates would help, but he said it hasn't and in fact, he's lost his desire to improve. He went to a friends cabin for these past 5 days and his friend and a another guy that came along on the trip, are all XC teammates and they went running together a couple times. I asked him if that re-sparked his enthusiasm for running: running with his two best buds and teammates, without the pressure of time, etc. and, with his eyes welling up with tears, he said it didn't and that he really just doesn't enjoy it anymore. I know he's given this a lot of thought because he does that with everything, and I know that he WISHES he loved running. I also know he will really miss that comraderie of team practices and meets and that feeling of placing, etc. but when it comes right down to it, he has to enjoy the journey of running, putting in the work, challenging himself, etc. and if it's not there, it's just not there. A part of me is sad because I love watching him run, I love the meets, I love seeing the team, but he ultimately has to do what is right for him.

~Tammy~

#4 of 4 Old 07-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 1
That's too bad Tamster but David can always start up again if he wants. I know when I was in high school, I felt a lot of pressure (self-imposed) to run well. I didn't want to quit but when I got injured in college it was also kind of a relief to not have everything revolve around training.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page