July 1st! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 2 Old 07-01-2015, 09:08 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 3
July 1st!

good morning masterfuls!

Rip, David went to Chicago to compete at Nationals for FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America). He earned a 2nd place spot at State in public speaking and the top 3 of each state go to Nationals. He had preliminary competition yesterday morning and despite feeling that he gave his best speech performance, he didn't make the cut to advance to Finals today. Only 10 of 105 make it, so the competition is tough. But he's only a freshman, this is his first year of FBLA, so it's been a great learning experience. He's there watching final rounds today to learn what the top 10% had that he didn't, so he can do better next year.

Since we are baking in 100+ temps here in So. Oregon (I think we are the hot spot of the country, barring Phoenix, although we are real close!), I got up at 5:30 and took the dogs for a short trail run. Only 2.5 miles but felt good to be in the cool air. I could already feel the heat starting by the time I left for work at 7:00. I'm trying to find a nice spot to go camping out at the coast next week. This heat is starting to wear us down.

~Tammy~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20
Likes Given: 20
Happy Canada Day!!!

Good on David just to make it to the nationals. I expect he'll come back with all kinds of ideas and enthusiasm for next year.

The trail gang met early this morning for an easy holiday run thru the single track and poison ivy. Lots of laughs and good conversation for just over 5 miles.

I needed that, as I got a call yesterday from a good friend whose wife just lost her battle with breast cancer. Funeral is Friday.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page