#1 of 7 Old 10-14-2012, 08:00 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 0

Good BareFooting laura//////

nice workouts rip and ks

=====

30min trail CA

TheGeese chased off a guy hanging around my car.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

..I still don't like 'em but they have their uses..... 

NoPain

,,,,,,,,,,,,good running guys................Enjoy the Day

--------------------
.....nothing takes the place of persistence.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1

Nice, TW.  I wimped out today, postponing my 20-miler til tomorrow, when temps, wind, humidity, etc. are going to be much better.  5 M, about half at the gym and half running home from the gym into the teeth of the gale.  A warm shower was nice, but now I'm thinking a hot bowl of soup would finish the job.

#3 of 7 Old 10-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20
Likes Given: 20

Hehe....TW has guard geese!

Nice barefooting, Laura.  Saw a couple of middle-aged women in yesterday's race using 5 Fingers.

Guess that's the nice thing about being retired, eh, FO....... you can do those really long runs when you feel like it..... and not have to cram them into the weekends.

Had a blast at the Vulture Bait 25K yesterday in London.  Temps started out just below freezing and didn't get much higher.  First time using gloves this year.  Wore capris, a merino wool LS top, and a buff, so was nice and warm once we got going.  Legs felt really good, but the lower end was crampy throughout, even with a portapotty stop at around 17K.  Despite that, managed a 2:40:43 finish....a 3 minute distance PR, as the course was relatively flat compared to what I usually run.  Ended up 5th AG, and was happy to see that if I hadn't needed to stop it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.  The rain started up just as I finished, so was happy not be be still out there doing the 50K.

But the best part of the day remained.

Erica (Aija) and I finally managed to get together for a coffee after the race.  We've known each other on-line for around 5 years, and despite being the closest to each other of the old CR/Kick group, had never actually met.  She is such a delightful person!  We yakked for over an hour until I had to head back home.  Some nice young lady in the coffee shop offered to take pics.  Mine turned out a bit blurry, so I'm sharing the one Erica put up on FB yesterday.....

#4 of 7 Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12

Awesome meetup and picture! Thanks for sharing that, Heme! Nice race for you, too.

Hi everyone! Haven't even lurked here in ages. Time is always hard to find. Not running at the moment, it's been a week now. Trying to let a sore shin heal up, hoping just some time off will do it. Getting phat and phluffy though as we head into winter. Got snow last night!!

#5 of 7 Old 10-14-2012, 03:28 PM

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 62

Hey evf, heme, FO, tw -

Rest and football day here.  DS2's baseball tourney rained out this morning, so piddling around the house reading newspaper, doing a little laundry, etc.  But gotta head to grocery store.  I hate going to the grocery store.  If I could sip on a Bloody Mary while shopping, maybe that would help.  drunken_smilie.gif

#6 of 7 Old 10-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 17

Hello all.......

Nice picture Heme,...................you and Aija could pass for sisters.

6.8 yesterday, 5.4 today, going slightly over 20 for the week...(not that I'm into numbers)

the difference between veteran runners and other folks is Discipline in ReHab-tomwhite
#7 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemerocallus View Post

Guess that's the nice thing about being retired, eh, FO....... you can do those really long runs when you feel like it..... and not have to cram them into the weekends.

Exactly.  As one of my retired friends says, every day is like a Saturday.  It's very cool that you got to chat with Erica.  I really enjoyed London for the few days I was there in the spring.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page