Last week of July - 7/25 to 31 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 15 Old 07-25-2016, 04:27 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Last week of July - 7/25 to 31

Morning!

Packed all weekend. Aunt & uncle and my brother and his family came Saturday and helped pack all afternoon. Aunt and I packed all Sunday afternoon too. Got up early today to pack. Ex and his dad are here (finally) taking some of his stuff. YEEHAW.

I'malmostdoneI'malmostdoneI'malmostdone.

Not that I'm excited.

Uh… in finessing news I went to class both Saturday and Sunday. Today is my only planned day off of the week.

Wassup with you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 07-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Hiya, Kath. Hello to everyone else too...

I ran 6 miles in the heat on Saturday. I'd only done short stuff since the marathon in Hawaii, so that's by far the farthest I'd run in 4 weeks. Summer softball is over (our girls went 9-1!) so I should have more time now. So I guess I need to start running more. Looking at a calendar... ummm... it's 10 weeks until the next marathon I have in mind (Portland ME on Oct 2). Yeah, I'd better get back at it.

Oh, and I registered for the pizza run 5k, which is the day after tomorrow. I love this race. I didn't do it last year because a softball game took precedence. Softball ended earlier this year for some reason, so I'm free to race. It'll be hot though...
#3 of 15 Old 07-25-2016, 12:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Hello all - I'm not sure if I've even posted about my most recent knee issues, but it's on the mend. I have instructions to do light jogging before my next appointment

Sending dd off to camp tomorrow and ds is going on a trip with grandma on Thursday, but the golf season starts Friday, so coach is too busy to take me anywhere

#4 of 15 Old 07-25-2016, 03:29 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
hi, hi.

on saturday, we went out to lands end and hiked along the coast all the way to the closest beach to the golden state bridge. it was a breathtaking hike the entire way.. about 8 miles total. AK was such a trooper and didn't complain at all. i may or may not have also had high incentive treats to dole out to myself... ok, to her as well AJ slept the entire time. it was a gorgeous day out and i just felt so happy to be alive and blessed to be out with my little family and so grateful that we finally moved back home to CA. i'm the luckiest girl alive!

yay for almost being done, katho!!!!!!!! you deserve a medal. i'm serious.

boB, i've always wanted to run the pizza 5k. heh. my parents in in NJ this week!

amichel, lots of positive vibes the knee gets better soon! is DD going to sleep away camp? first year? when did she start?
#5 of 15 Old 07-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Special Member

Missy - this is her third year at this camp (fine arts, 12 nights, about 4 hours north of us). She went to Girl Scout camp before that. I think the first overnight was maybe third grade? The week of day camp includes 1 night they camp out, and she loved it, so we did the 3 night camp the next year, then the full week the first year she was old enough. She's never hesitated to go, and DS is the same way. We had to search to find a camp that would allow 7 year olds because he kept begging! ( they both went) This year he went to two different 3 night sports camps at Purdue and they both went to a week of outdoor camp somewhere else. They'd go every week if I'd pay for it! I'm not sure if that's a testament that I raised well adjusted kids, or a dis that they'd rather be anywhere but with us
#6 of 15 Old 07-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Hey folks.

Glad you are finally getting through it all, Kath.

Missy, I love that area and I love the sounds and smell of the bay on a nice day.

Bob, good luck on your 5k!

Amichel, my golf game is starting to get back to where it used to be. I've shot 40 for 9 three times in the last two weeks, all from blue tees. There were a couple of 44s on the front or back, so I haven't shot or broke 80 yet, but I think that will happen before the year is out. My driver and I have resolved our difficulties and I hit all 5 fairways that I used it on yesterday, that helps a lot! I also bought a toy this week, a laser rangefinder. After using it yesterday I suspect that it will also help me somewhat.

Running is on hiatus. This weekend I went out for a six miler and felt some discomfort in my left calf, so I'm going to rest it until that goes away. I think that half marathon last week was just too much stress for my bod.
#7 of 15 Old 07-26-2016, 09:57 AM
Special Member

Duck - sounds like good progress! It's amazing how much finesse comes from just getting out there! I'm playing on dh's team in a scramble in a few weeks, so I've been practicing as much as the knee will allow!

So - spent half the night in the er with ds. He was complaining of pain in his arm and it was visibly swollen. We thought he broke it, but it is cellulitis! He has two antibiotics and a follow up tomorrow. I hope he can still go to Florida on Thurs. He will not be happy if it's cancelled!
#8 of 15 Old 07-26-2016, 01:26 PM
Special Member

Yikes! Glad you caught it early. I had two cases of that a couple of years ago and the doc said it can be really bad if it gets into the joints.
#9 of 15 Old 07-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Addicted Member

Good healing vibes to your DS, Amichel.

Great work on the golf game, Duck! I doubt I could shoot 100 now. And I'm talking just the front nine...

And speaking of golf, my town is a zoo this week. The PGA Championship tees off tomorrow about 1/4 mile from my house. Last time a major was here was 2005, before I moved to town. So opportunities like this don't come around very often, but I declined my chance to go see any of it in person. I could have had tickets for Saturday and/or Sunday, but $200 seemed a little steep to me. Oh well...

I'll be off to the Pizza 5k in a couple hours...
#10 of 15 Old 07-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post
Great work on the golf game, Duck! I doubt I could shoot 100 now. And I'm talking just the front nine...

And speaking of golf, my town is a zoo this week. The PGA Championship tees off tomorrow about 1/4 mile from my house. Last time a major was here was 2005, before I moved to town. So opportunities like this don't come around very often, but I declined my chance to go see any of it in person. I could have had tickets for Saturday and/or Sunday, but $200 seemed a little steep to me. Oh well...

I'll be off to the Pizza 5k in a couple hours...
Run fast. Eat well.

I would have come and slept on your couch to have been able to go to the PGA! Maybe next time if you get an Open. I could have gone in Seattle last year, but I was spending my golf budget on the Scotland trip.

Out the door now to test the calf.
#11 of 15 Old 07-28-2016, 06:11 AM
Addicted Member

Last time Baltusrol had a major (in 2005) it was the Open. So maybe it'll get it again, in like 2027 or so...

I'd say the Pizza run was a success last night. It was hot (about 90 deg) even when the race started at 7:00pm. But thankfully the sun had dipped behind the trees by then, so it didn't feel too bad. I did the race in 23:33, which is well off my best times of a few years ago, but I guess it's what I am now. I think it was about 10 seconds faster than I did in the airport 5k a week and a half ago, despite being quite a bit more hilly. (I'm sure the lack of sun was the difference). I was 15th of 97 in my AG, which I'm surprised at. And 266 out of almost 2000 overall.

More importantly, I'm sure I ingested more calories than I burned. I had 4 slices of pizza, 4 cookies, and a couple of sodas. This is what I love about this race...

Okay, now I gotta back to longer stuff. It's 5 weeks until the New Haven Labor Day Road Race that I do every year, and 9 weeks until my next (likely) marathon in Maine. I've run a grand total of 30 miles so far in July. I think I need to do a little more than this...
#12 of 15 Old 07-28-2016, 10:36 AM
Special Member

nice job, boB on all the food. 4 cookies is very impressive. as is running out in the heat.

amichel, thanks for all the camp info. i have a feeling AK won't be ready for sleep away camp for a long time but i'm always curious what other kids have done. and i hear you on the cost. i mean, shes only in day camps for 4 weeks this summer and its already close to breaking the bank..

duck, how did the calf hold up?

katho, how are things? i'm guessing you are eyeball deep into all things moving.. hang in there!!! almost done. and then you can stop making that back so angry.

on the fitnessing front i'm just still doing p90X but i did one work out that was incredibly difficult and i've been sore in the glutes/hamstrings for days! so thats good. i'm hoping to get out for a run later tonight but we'll see.

tonight we're headed to an outdoor festival so that will be fun. i feel like this week has been a bit monotonous so i'm glad to change things up a bit. i love summer. i love the last light of the day when its still warm yet cooling down... i love the shadows that are cast
at dusk..
#13 of 15 Old 07-28-2016, 03:14 PM
Special Member

Missy, the calf ain't right. I kind of walk/jogged it and it was sore. I'll be out all next week up in the mountains with the scouts, so I'll just do some casual hiking and let it rest otherwise.

Yay Theia on signing up for the Portland Marathon! If I was healthier, I'd sign up and run it with you.
#14 of 15 Old 07-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Special Member

2.5 miles w/b and aj.

aj is so much more chill and easy going of a baby that i'm hopeful that running with her will be less of a shitshow than it was with ak.

THEIA IS RUNNING A MARATHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happy fridays, all.
#15 of 15 Old 07-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Special Member

haha. i escaped censorship.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page