30's 6/13-6/19 Time to sweat in June - KickRunners.com

#1 of 22 Old 06-13-2016, 08:03 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
30's 6/13-6/19 Time to sweat in June

Morning 30's it was a good weekend of working out. I just need to try and run longer than an hour one day. It is also my oldest son's last week of HS. Yikes. It is a cool week here so I am really enjoying it before the heat rolls in. I have been eating between 2,200 and 2,500 calories a day but it isn't enough. My problem is I start eating a little late.

Yeah missy you are probably already faster than me.

Go Yoga Kath!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 06-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
GO MISSY!!!

Go Yoga Kath!!!

HA! I actually didn't go today. Walked the boys instead. Monday is the only day where the earliest class is 9am, and I can't do that with work. It's ok, I can probably use an off day, but…

2nd showing for the couple from yesterday isn't till 6pm tonight.
#3 of 22 Old 06-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 27
I got my yoga on. I found a Runner's Yoga on YouTube since I wouldn't be able to pick Miss A. up from her first dance tonight and make it to the yoga class at the gym.

I feel very off my game today without doing my regular workout after I drop the kid off at school. I know I needed the rest day but it just shows how quickly a routine is created

Cool running is so much better than hot running, Ron, I'm with you!

Keep us posted on the showing Katholeenie! Good luck!

#4 of 22 Old 06-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Good luck on the house, Kath.

I used my inhaler yesterday and ran 11 miles with no issues on a cool morning at the lake. I think I'll just keep using it for a month or so and see what happens.

Ron, I have a close relationship with my spoon and fork. No danger of my not eating enough!

Did y'all see that Larry put the running shoes on last week? Go Larry!
#5 of 22 Old 06-14-2016, 04:58 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Larry should come back around here. That would be fun.

Sounds like some good fitnessing from this crowd. Great job, everybody!

I ran an easy 3.5 miles last night. I might have time for about 3 more miles today before softball practice. Today is the first practice with DD's summer team. The spring season just ended last week. The playoffs from the spring season was won by a team that only won 1 game during the entire regular season. Go figure...
#6 of 22 Old 06-14-2016, 07:02 AM
Special Member

Good Morning everyone!

Got up at my regular time this morning despite the fact that I didn't have to take the kid to school. I wanted to stay in my routine of getting my run in on the trail @7:30. Once it gets warmer I may have to move that earlier to beat the heat.

Trail was busy this morning, lots of dog's and even my pastor was out walking his! Funny thing...I don't think about how my running form is until I see walkers on the trail, then I worry that I look like a hippo trying to slog along, so I put a spring in my step and do more strides. I'm an idiot, haha.

It was a nice cool morning so I was pleased with my pace. I have decided to start hitting the track once a week for some speed work. I am not planning any races anytime soon but think it will be good for pushing me to run the pace I really can rather than being lazy.

Bob, is your DD out of school yet? Yesterday was Miss A's last day for the year.
#7 of 22 Old 06-14-2016, 07:24 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I had a speedy TM run last night. My legs felt a little tired but after a couple of minutes they felt better so I picked up the pace. Then I did some easy leg weights. Today I am hoping to lift at lunch and run tonight. My kids have 3 more days left of school. The only problem is the kids Summer schedule isn't much easier. Who schedules cheer practice at 6 am?

Yoga Kath how did the second showing go?

duck I like to eat too. It was painful watching my kids eat french fries last night.

Bob nice job getting that run in before practice. We are talking about going to Hawaii next year. I am not sure which island yet.

SR I need to hit the trails more sounds like fun.
#8 of 22 Old 06-14-2016, 08:32 AM
Special Member

It's funny Ron, I can't wait for the end of the school year and then I can't wait for the end of summer when she goes back. During the school year she had competition cheer practice 3 x's a week and acro once a week...then when cheer was done it was swimming 2x's a week with acro still once. Now for summer until cheer starts in August she just has 1/2 day camp each day and golf on Fridays so its still a lot of running around!

I would love to get her running this summer too. I told her I was going to make her do Couch to 5k
#9 of 22 Old 06-14-2016, 10:13 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Hello hello.

It's been a **** of a few weeks here. Broken molar, which you know about. What I haven't shared is the excruciating pain I was in a few weeks ago. The same day we saw Duck in Eugene, I ended up weeping and moaning for hours. GoV desperately wanted to take me to the ER, but I refused. Since then... pain, antibiotic, still pain, majorly horrible reaction to the antibiotic (it destroyed me), more pain, begged the dentist to let me stop taking the **** antibiotic, which he did, still in pain AND still having major GI distress, tooth was extracted, more pain, more gut problems, etc. Do you see a theme? Oh, and then at the end of last week I also had a huge allergic reaction to the **** meds and broke out in what looked like acne but was a rash of some sort all over my chest, neck, and jaw. I looked like a freaking leper. So basically I was on the antibiotic for 5 days and have been off it for 10 days now, and I'm STILL not well. The rash is all cleared up, thanks to a pretty scary steroid cream. But the gut is still a mess and my jaw still hurts. I went to the dentist yesterday for a regular hygiene appt, and everything looks fine. He said to just give it time. Umm, what have I been doing until now???

I'm pretty much over it, as you can imagine.

Anyway, despite all that I managed 12 miles on Sunday. It was brutal, but I did it. I got a late start (thanks, antibiotic that destroyed my GI system!) so it was hot. Plus I needed two emergency pit stops (refer back to prior parenthetical phrase). But it was the longest run I've done in several years, so I'll take it.

Saucon, I keep telling myself to get to a track but never go. It scares me at this point. Congrats to Missy on her first run! Kath, how was the showing? Hi Ron and Bob! Good job with the consistency. Duck, that's interesting about the inhaler.

I should work out tonight because I skipped this morning and it's BEAUTIFUL out. But I'm reading a decent book and know I will just want to read later.
#10 of 22 Old 06-14-2016, 12:20 PM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

((((theia)))) I hope you have some relief soon.
#11 of 22 Old 06-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
heather, it sounds like you are on the right track. WOOOOOOOOOOOOT! way to go!

theia, UGH. UGH UGH!!!!! teeth stuff really give me the heebies so i cringe thinking of all that you went through. hope you're on the mend and also way to KICK SOME RUNNING BUTT 12 MILES YOU GODDESS, YOU.

duck, nice run! did a furry friend join you?

ron, 6am cheer? what the what?! thats ridiculous. i'm thankful that our high school is walking distance from our home so any early/late practices will not require me to get out of bed.. but seriously. thats sadistic.

boB, when do you leave for hawaii? where are you staying? did you make any other plans while out there?

yoga kath. i likey!!!!!

AK is in scout camp this week and absolutely loving it. she woke up at 6am this morning b/c she was amped and ready to go to camp. what the heck. AJ and i had a quiet day running some errands and then taking a nice long nap together. in fact, she's still napping. this kid can sleeeeeeeeeeep.

hoping for a nice long walk tonight with bella after the girls go to bed. i love summer.
#12 of 22 Old 06-14-2016, 05:36 PM
Special Member

(((theia)))

I saw this cartoon about The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distance and thought it was cute so sharing: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

I'm not running any long distances yet. I miss them. I hope to be running them soon

Missy - Miss A could sleep too, loved when she took long naps, wish she still did, lol.
#13 of 22 Old 06-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Addicted Member

Wow, Theia, sounds like you've been thru heck. I'd say "****" but KR will probably bleep it...

SR, DD's last day of school is next Thursday, June 23. It's funny how different all the school systems are. And Missy, we leave for Hawaii the next day. At 6am. I reckon we'll need to be up at about 3am to get to the airport and wait in line at security. So let's see, 3am here is 10pm in Hawaii. If we're WAKING UP at 10pm on our first day, we are going to be insanely jet-lagged for the first bit of the trip. The marathon starts at 5:30am on Sun Jun 26, but I'll probably already have been awake for 3 or 4 hours by that time on our second morning out there...

For the first five days, we're staying at the race's host hotel, which is the Hilton Waikoloa Village. Then we're going to the other side of the island and staying in some dump in Hilo for three days. I don't remember the place, but it's nothing special. We figure we'll be spending most of those days at Volcano National Park and won't need a fancy place to sleep.

And yeah, we've already made some plans. We'll swim with the dolphins at the hotel. And we've also got plans for a luau, some kayaking and some snorkeling, traveling around the island to various beaches and waterfalls, and we're even signed up for ukelele lessons. Should be fun...

I got in a short run last night before the first practice of the summer softball season. Tonight I have an appointment with my cardiologist and I'm gonna have a stress test and echocardiogram. (So I'll run on the TM in his office, and I guess that'll be my workout for the day). I've got a slight leak in a valve, which is why I see the cardiologist a couple times a year, and do this test every few years. Supposedly the leaky valve is nothing to worry about now, but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on. I've been told that someday I may need a valve replacement, but hopefully that day is still many years away.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone...
#14 of 22 Old 06-15-2016, 07:49 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I got in a little over 3 unmotivated miles last night. Today I want to lift at lunch and have a better run tonight. One of the last few days before the heat kicks in this weekend.

missy sounds like things are going well for you and you are happy.

SR I want to run longer too!!!

Bob Hawaii sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun.
#15 of 22 Old 06-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post

For the first five days, we're staying at the race's host hotel, which is the Hilton Waikoloa Village.
That's where I stayed. It's awesome. And yes, I've been through h.e.l.l. the past few weeks.

Saucon, I love The Oatmeal.
#16 of 22 Old 06-16-2016, 05:43 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Hope all are on the mend, and traveling safely, and getting a chance to enjoy the sunshine!

Still just plugging away here, going from bleacher to golf cart to bleacher, etc.

Starting to plan a trip to Glacier National Park next summer. Any experience to share?

Don't believe everything you think
#17 of 22 Old 06-16-2016, 08:11 AM
Addicted Member

Wow, Theia, you stayed at that hotel? What can you tell me about it? Certainly we've read quite a lot, but can you say anything that we wouldn't have read in a guide book or online somewhere?

Did KR just change their password rules? I went to log on this morning, and it wouldn't recognize my password. I had to have them reset my password and send me an email. When I went to create a new password, it required one that was 10+ characters and contained a "special symbol". I know my old one didn't meet those requirements. So did this happen to anyone else today?
#18 of 22 Old 06-16-2016, 11:48 AM
Special Member

Bob - I had email notice that my password had been changed by an administrator
#19 of 22 Old 06-16-2016, 01:02 PM
Addicted Member

Hmm. Maybe KR got hacked. Those darn North Koreans!

Amichel, I wish I'd gone to Glacier NP when I was in Missoula for that marathon. But I didn't make it. Now that we've been on a NP kick for the last few years, it would have been nice to have that one checked off. I'm not sure I'll be making any trips to that part of the country again. And there are still a lot of other NPs left on our to-do list. We got Hawaii Volcano NP soon, and we're looking at trip to Yosemite for next summer. And I wanna hit Acadia before too long... Etc...
#20 of 22 Old 06-16-2016, 04:28 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Hey guys, I had the same problem with my password but when I attempted to reset it didn't recognize any of my email addresses. I created this account and sent them an email to see if they can fix the original SauconRunner.

I was very excited to get on and tell you about my awesome run this morning but couldn't, so I'll tell you now. I woke up to 80%+ humidity. I hate running in soup! While I drank my coffee I tried to talk myself out of going for a run but did it anyway. As I walked onto the trail I realized my plan had me running more than I thought which scared the **** out of me but I did it and had an amazing run, negative splits and all! I was praying for rain the whole time but it never happened. I was soaked by the end and it was only 68 degrees, that's how humid it was (and the fact that I always sweat like 10 whole men).

I'm just really happy to be back in the consistent running mode. I'm nowhere near where you guys are but maybe someday I'll be running like the original SauconRunner was when we were on Coolrunning

Tomorrow Miss A wants to go onto the trail with me. We'll probably just walk the 3 miles. She is having her friend birthday party tomorrow night. 12 girls. We are going to a trampoline park for an hour and then they are all coming back here and camping in the backyard. It's going to be a really really long day! Pray for me.
#21 of 22 Old 06-16-2016, 11:04 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
bob, you're right about the jet lag and being up insanely early the first few days. should be great for the marathon!

amichel, we went to glacier nat'l park about 12 years ago so i won't be any help. but it was one of the best family trips ever!

saucon, YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!! way to pony it up and get out there and get it done! and you'll be up to longer distances soon - you're an inspiration

ron, things are going well and i'm very grateful. of course i'm exhausted and having a newborn is never easy but my support network here has been huge and i've had tons of help and also been better about either asking for or hiring help.

i got out the 'ole jogging stroller and took AJ and bella out for a short run today. its the same one that those of you who were around 6 years ago when i was pregnant with AK bought for me.. still putting it to good use

my sister comes next week to help so i'm very much looking forward to that. an extra set of hands is always appreciated these days!!
#22 of 22 Old 06-17-2016, 07:40 AM
Special Member

This was in my Facebook memories today. Got me in the feels!
Attached Images
File Type: png image_1466174414240.png (172.3 KB, 6 views)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page