30's June 6 - June 12 Summer is coming soon - KickRunners.com

#1 of 22 Old 06-06-2016, 08:09 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
30's June 6 - June 12 Summer is coming soon

Morning 30's I got in some good workouts this weekend. I just need to start stretching out my longish run. I have been running between 32 and 25 miles consistently since Feb. and need to start double digits soon. Lift has been going well too. The wife and I are trying to eat much more healthy for the next month and maybe longer. I don't necessarily want to lose weight but I would like to get leaner.

Lets have a great week 30's!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 06-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Hiya, Ron. Sounds like you've got some great running consistency going. I think my running is about the opposite of yours. I do the double-digit runs, but seemingly very little else. I did 36 miles this past week, and that was my only 30+ week since the marathon in Colorado. And most of it came on the 20-miler I did on Saturday. And that run was not pretty. It was warm and humid, but it could have been much worse. It started out completely overcast, and the sun peeked out a bit near the end of the run. But it could have been hotter, humid-er, and sunnier. Yet I still struggled. I did a heck of a lot of walking near the end, but I was determined to reach 20 miles. (I made it to 20.01). This is not a terribly encouraging sign for Hawaii in less than three weeks. But heck, I don't care how long it takes me. If I have to walk the entirety of the last 8 or 10 miles, I don't really care. My PW now is the 4:37 that I did in Kalamazoo last May, and I'm already telling my wife not to expect me much before 5:00 here. So be it...

I weigh myself after many of my runs. I did a short slow run Friday evening, and then this 20-miler on Saturday morning. I weighed 7.5 pounds less on Saturday, despite drinking about 80 oz of water and Gatorade. Yup, sweating like 10 whole men. I gotta really make sure I drink A LOT in Hawaii...

I won't have much time to run this week, either. DD has softball practice today, then games on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Hopefully I can at least get in a run on Thursday. All this lack of training is not helping my performance...

Hmm, gee, I started the week off with a lot of whining. Well, it's Monday. I guess that's the perfect time to whine. So... how was everybody's weekend?
#3 of 22 Old 06-07-2016, 08:31 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
I did a little bit of running Friday, lifted Sat, walked the golf course Sunday, and lifted yesterday. Not sure how the rest of the week will turn out, but hopefully I'll keep my momentum going!

#4 of 22 Old 06-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Nice work Amy!

Went to early class this morning. Had a new-to-me teacher Matt. He used to teach at the studio but left right before I started. He came back because he likes the new owners better. ANYWAY, Matt reminds me very much of our very own KP. Voice, speech pattern, beard…. heh. Was a good class.

Cousin Tim is coming over tonight to do some man chores for me. I hope he gets here soon cause I am petering out. Woke up at 2am and couldn't fall back asleep, then got up at 420 to go to class. Worked all day. OY. Ready for bed. DOesn't help that I'm listening to the Little Guy snore like an adult man.
#5 of 22 Old 06-08-2016, 07:14 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's the running and weights are about the same and I am feeling pretty good headed into Summer. The wife has been lifting lately and we even workout together last night which was nice. It cooled down here this week compared to last week so that is also nice.

missy how is the baby and how is everyone adjusting?

Bob what is the weather forecast for Hawaii?

amichel nice job on keeping on track!!

Kath you must be very bendy these days with all the yoga.
#6 of 22 Old 06-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Addicted Member

Keep up the good work, Amichel!

Ron, I haven't seen a forecast for Hawaii that far out. Right now (11:30am Eastern, 6:30am Hawaii time) it's 77 degrees and partly cloudy with mild humidity. That doesn't seem too bad.

I got in a nice run on Monday right before softball practice. Knowing that I wouldn't get many more runs in this week, I cranked up the speed as much as I could during the little time I had. I ended up with 5.3 miles, and somehow I managed to do the 5th mile in 7:22. I don't think I've run a mile that quickly in eons. Probably won't again for a long time...
#7 of 22 Old 06-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Addicted Member

My 44 year old decrepit self kicked (2) 17 year old, nationally ranked, high school boy's butts in yoga this morning.

(one will play football for North Western, the other plays lacrosse but hasn't decided where he is going yet.) They came w their coach, whom I've seen in class a couple times. While the boys are really muscular & athletic, they really struggled in class. Guess the coach was pleased that the one had a hard time cause everything comes so easy for him, and he gets cocky w it, and this knocked him down a peg. Ha.

On my way out I made a comment to Rachel (she taught class and owns the studio with her husband Tim) about my old, decrepit self kicking their ass and she said "yah!!! I was cheering for you guys* the whole class GO LADIES!!! Show em how it's done!"

*of the 12-27 early morning regulars, I am usually the 2nd youngest person in class. So, the boys got their butts kicked by 8 38-63 year olds. HAHAHA

It was a fun way to start the day.
#8 of 22 Old 06-09-2016, 07:26 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I was able to lift at lunch and get a short run in last night. Today I am hoping for more of the same or if I don't run I might try for a long run tomorrow night. decisions decisions The wife and I have been trying to eat cleaner and more protein for a month if not longer. I am losing weight which I don't want to do so I need to figure this out and eat a little more.

Bob nice run that is pretty fast!!

Kath nice job with the yoga and kicking some ass!!!
#9 of 22 Old 06-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 27
Hey guys, just stopping by to say Hi.

Been running 3-4 times a week and doing 3 mile walks with Boots in between. Loving this weather (even though my husband would prefer it much warmer).

Need to start doing some yoga though to get some good stretching, balance and focus in.

Ciao!
#10 of 22 Old 06-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
katho, so NOT decrepit. anyone who is staying active is not decrepit! way to kick some (young) butt!

ron, are you also eating less, volume wise? interesting that you are losing weight.

bob, way to gut it out. you'll be fine for kona.

hi heather! great job w/ the pushup challenge!

i know i talked about getting out for something that resembles a jog but i haven't. teehee. i did, however, get a bike so i've been getting out for short rides with AK which has been fun.

AK has had a little bit of a rough time this past week being home and seeing just how demanding of my time/attention the baby is. shes said things like, "the baby is more important than me" or "the baby takes all the attention" so in a way it breaks my heart but its also good that shes verbalizing these feelings and able to recognize them. i've been taking the advice of others and trying my best to spend some extra time with AK but its hard. the days have been long this week especially with DH working long hours (he hasn't been home before 9pm). bed and bath times for two is difficult as well but i know things will only get easier as we find our groove so i'm hanging in there
#11 of 22 Old 06-10-2016, 05:47 AM
Special Member

Hang in there Missy! It's just an adjustment for her and you are right, her verbalizing it to you is great, way better than holding it in and creating resentments to a sibling

Thanks for reminding me to do my pushups, I forgot yesterday

It was a chilly run this morning, 56 degrees out. Cold for June.

I would give anything to run Kona! You'll be fine, Bob!
#12 of 22 Old 06-10-2016, 07:45 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I got in some weights at lunch yesterday but I didn't run last night so tonight I need to get a good run in. Last night we had an earthquake. It had been a while since I have felt one. It was pretty decent at about a 5.2.

Morning SR.

missy I have just been eating cleaner so fewer fats and sugars. I feel hungry all the time. I guess that part hasn't changed I am always hungry all the time. haha
#13 of 22 Old 06-10-2016, 08:49 AM
Special Member

Up you protein Ron to feel less hungry

I heard about the earth quake! Glad you are safe.
#14 of 22 Old 06-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
I'm constantly hungry. I think it is the stress.

I've had a couple of good runs this week. Yesterday I used my asthma inhaler before running and it made a HUGE difference in the quality of my run. I don't know why I'm so reticent to use it more often. I guess I just think "Drugs are bad, m'kay?!!"

NCAA track and field this week. I've been over there a bit.

Today I'll try to ride my bike.
#15 of 22 Old 06-10-2016, 12:36 PM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

I eat 5 oz of chicken and I am hungry an hour later. I need pizza.
#16 of 22 Old 06-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Addicted Member

Hiya, SR!

Nothing wrong with pizza, Ron.

I made it thru 14 miles today. Felt fairly good, in fact. Got a little tired near the end, but I guess that's natural. It was a pretty decent day for running, considering that it's June...
#17 of 22 Old 06-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
katho, so NOT decrepit. anyone who is staying active is not decrepit! way to kick some (young) butt!
1) while yoga has helped a lot, and I don't have as many bad bad bad days as I used to, there are still more days than I'd like where I feel like I'm 100 when I roll out of bed. Which is why I'm hitting the early class 5-6 days a week.

2) the young butts still make me smile. I mean kicking them. HAHAHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauconRunner View Post
Hang in there Missy! ...her verbalizing it to you is great...
No kidding. Half the time I can't even find the words to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
...I guess I just think "Drugs are bad, m'kay?!!"
Some days I feel like my liver is going to start spitting Tylenol back out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I eat 5 oz of chicken and I am hungry an hour later. I need pizza.
5oz doesn't seem like very much for someone with your crazy metabolism. It's probably a proper serving, it just sounds small for an adult man.

I went to early class today, and…

Break time. Sweet Boy has to pee...
#18 of 22 Old 06-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Special Member

Long day! Getting old means I walke up before 6am no matter what, which is great for my running but means I'm ready for bed at like 9!

Lots of wildlife on the train this morning. Glad I went early since it got very humid later and was in the 90s!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
#19 of 22 Old 06-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Addicted Member

Went to the 9am class today and then finished cleaning for an open house which just ended. The couple who's agent requested a showing DURING the open house (obviously he didn't actually READ my listing) ended up coming without their agent, and right after they left I got a re-schedule request, which turns out to be a 2nd showing request from this couple. Which is a good sign. Cross your fingers.

The yoga studio had samples today from a local juicing company, and are going to start carrying a couple of their products and placing orders a couple times a week. I tried the Golden Ratio blend, which is actually really good. (valencia orange, carrot, roma tomato, yellow pepper, ginger, turmeric and cardamom.) And it's not making me flare, and it's been long enough that I would know. YEEHAW.

Anyway, it's supposed to help reduce inflammation, among other things. But the anti-inflammatory aspect is what I'm interested in, since I can't take any meds that do the same. Anyway, as I look at the list of stuff in it, and how much the juice costs, I'm thinking why don't I just make up a dish containing those ingredients? Wouldn't eating the whole food be as effective?

I also got a GTL, which is a shot size drink made from ginger, turmeric and lemon. Also for inflammation. Haven't tried that one yet.

Gorgeous day here. Not sure what I'll do with the rest of it. Seems like a waste to spend it inside, but the projects I have to work on aren't portable.
#20 of 22 Old 06-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Special Member

Fingers crossed, Katholeenie!

Horrible run this morning. Should have taken a rest day and it was really humid this morning. Humidity and tired legs don't mix for me. Oh well, lesson learned.

Watching Race to inspire me. Jesse Owens had to overcome a lot more than humid days and tired legs to become the amazing runner he was, maybe it will make me not feel sorry for myself.
#21 of 22 Old 06-12-2016, 09:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
RUN! i have a RUN to report!!!!!

ok, it was more like a SLOG with bits of walking/fast walking but the point is, i got out and attempted to run a little!! heh.

1.56 miles. the loooooooooooong road back starts NOW!

watch out, guys. i may be eating your dust now but get ready to start picking it up....
#22 of 22 Old 06-13-2016, 06:02 AM
Special Member

Go Missy! You are one more among many of us trying to get our Run back on Maybe my reply to Larry's post about the gang being all back is really true!

I'm not attempting a run or walk today. After yesterday's epic fail I realize my legs were tired from the 3 days before and even a walk is too much. I'm going to do some Yoga today instead.

Today' is Miss A's last day of school and then she has her first dance! I can't believe she's going to be a 7th grader!!!

How did the showings go, Katholeenie?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page