30's 5/23-5/29 May the Force keep you running - KickRunners.com

#1 of 17 Old 05-23-2016, 07:21 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
30's 5/23-5/29 May the Force keep you running

Morning 30's I had some good workouts this weekend and my body is sore this morning but I will try to get in a run tonight and some leg weights. It is going to be somewhat cool this week for the end of August mostly the high 60's. Which is awesome I am not ready for the heat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 05-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Howdy, Ron. Glad you had some good workouts.

My kid's softball team has been keeping me quite busy, so I haven't had much time to run. I've only managed one run in the last 5 days or so, but that was a 16-miler on Saturday. I reckon I've got two more long runs to go before taper time. I'll try for 18 this coming weekend, and then 20 the weekend after. We've got a game tonight, but I'm gonna try to sneak out of work a little early so that I can get in a run (5 miles, maybe) beforehand...
#3 of 17 Old 05-23-2016, 12:25 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
It is going to be somewhat cool this week for the end of August mostly the high 60's. Which is awesome I am not ready for the heat.
Did I miss something?

Hello hello. I too had good workouts this weekend (10K Saturday, 10 miles yesterday) and am sporting some sore legs today. My quads are trashed! Not sure why... I stretched well after both runs. Tonight I am doing yoga for the first time in nearly a year. That should be interesting.

In other news, I've been battling a toothache off and on for 10 days. This morning, I found out why. My tooth is cracked all the way below the gum and below the bone!! Luckily it's all the way in the back of my mouth (the very last tooth on the bottom right), but unluckily the dentist recommends that it be extracted asap. Bah. I feel like a really old, decrepit person all of a sudden.

Hope you get out for a few miles tonight, Bob.

#4 of 17 Old 05-23-2016, 05:16 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theia View Post
I feel like a really old, decrepit person….
That's me every day.

Off day today. Planning on the early class tomorrow. Time to wind down so I might actually be able to sleep.
#5 of 17 Old 05-24-2016, 07:20 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I bagged my run last night but my legs were tired so I will get something in tonight and I should be able to lift a little at lunch. This weekend I am flying up to Boise so attend my step daughters graduation. My how time flies.

Theia haha I guess that was wishful thinking. I meant May. You sure don't look old.

Kath how is everything going with you?
#6 of 17 Old 05-24-2016, 10:25 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
hi all. just dropping by to say hello. life these days is both busy and monotonous at the same time.. isn't that funny how it can be both?? i'm starting to feel like i'm getting back on my feet again so thats good. i've been doing some short walks here and there and its felt great. hard to believe i ran a 30 min 5K about 4.5 weeks after having AK last time. really?!? what was i thinking??

my mom left yesterday and i held it together while the car pulled away then went inside and sobbed. i have never been more grateful for my mom and and am so thankful for the time we had together. shes my rock.

the in laws are here and very eager to help and trying very hard so i appreciate that, too.. but they just can't replace my mom so far they have been on good behavior and are obsessed with the baby..

have a great trip, ron!

katho, any other showings recently? i have a good feeling for the house since summer is coming up and usually the market will upswing a bit. fingers crossed!

bob, if you can only run once, a long run is the one you want to get in!

theia, did you get the tooth out? yikes. teeth stuff make me cringe. (says the woman who pushed out an 8 lb baby without any pain meds)

alright. time for me to get to bed. nighty night!
#7 of 17 Old 05-25-2016, 06:05 AM
Addicted Member

Missy, it's great that your mom has been so much help. I hope you survive the time with the in-laws.

Ron, have fun in Idaho.

I found time for a speedy-ish 6 miles on Monday. I guess it's what passes as a tempo run for me nowadays. I don't do enough speedwork any more.

Yesterday our girls played probably their best softball game of the year so far. It ended in a tie, but the other team was quite good, so I'd call it a good accomplishment. We play again tonight. This means I didn't run yesterday and probably won't run today. I sure hope I can manage a run tomorrow...
#8 of 17 Old 05-25-2016, 06:11 AM
Special Member

Hi Missy! Thanks for checking in. My appointment with the oral surgeon is June 6, so until then I have to live with some pain (mostly a dull throb at this point, although it occasionally is much more stabby) and half a tooth. That's right, half the tooth broke off when my regular dentist was poking around at it Monday. So. Sexy. Again, thankfully it's all the way in the back so it is not even remotely noticeable to anyone.

Bob, can you run around the field while the game is going on?

Have a fun and safe trip, Ron! Duck!!! See you soon!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to do this with me? Please?
#9 of 17 Old 05-25-2016, 07:32 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I got in a 4.5 mile run last night. I don't know why I didn't shoot for 5 but I just stopped. Tonight I am hoping to run some more. The weather should be perfect to run in while I am in Idaho so that is good.

missy have fun with the little one and be patient with the inlaws.

bob enjoy your daughters games. My oldest son just finished up his baseball season and will be graduating next month. I sat there at his last game and thought to myself that this might be the last baseball game I watch my kids play. I still have track, XC, Soccer and cheerleading but probably no more baseball.

Theia I hope the tooth doesn't bother you too much until the 6th. Does Gov need me to pick him up anything while I am in Idaho?
#10 of 17 Old 05-26-2016, 07:09 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's another day in the big city. I got a pretty good 4 mile run in last night. I am hoping to be able to go lift at lunch and a short run tonight.

I hope you all are doing well!!!
#11 of 17 Old 05-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Addicted Member

I hope the tooth pain in manageable, Theia. And uh, no, I can't run while the game is on. I'm one of the coaches and I keep the scorebook for our team, so I'm fully involved in the game...

I think I might hit a hill tonight. I haven't done a hill run in a long time...
#12 of 17 Old 05-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
See ya soon, Theia! I had a similar thing happen this winter, and now I have a shiny gold crown back there.

I've been mixing up runs and rides lately, supplemented with swinging various farm tools around the property.
#13 of 17 Old 05-26-2016, 04:47 PM
Special Member

Had a nice 5 miler today on Pre's Trail.

Theia- Check your FB messages for tix!
#14 of 17 Old 05-27-2016, 10:51 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
HIYA!

Crazy week. I'll check in soon.
#15 of 17 Old 05-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
hi katho! hope the crazy week is for a good reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
be patient with the inlaws.
thank you for that reminder. i'm trying my best!

jelly that theia and duck are meeting up... have so much fun!

boB, when does the season end?

happy friday all!! its looking like it'll be a warm one here. i hope you all have a safe and fun weekend and take a moment to remember why we have a long weekend.
#16 of 17 Old 05-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Special Member

Heya kids,

Today's lunch run was nice, though the pollen is pretty bad.

I also spent time at the NCAA Men's golf tourney we are hosting. Unfortunately our team didn't play well this morning. Tonight there is the free portion of the Pre meet, then tomorrow more Pre, and Super Regional Softball and golf continues. We are in the thick of things!

Bob, I hope #1 Florida comes back in softball.
#17 of 17 Old 05-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Special Member

Happy Memorial Day, everyone.

Well, you saw the various FB pics. Duck was a great host and Pre was a blast!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page