2Likes
  • 1 Post By missy1102
  • 1 Post By duckgeek

#1 of 13 Old 05-17-2016, 05:27 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
05/16 - 05/22 Another week

Good morning. Okay, it's Tuesday and there's no thread. Where is everybody?

Missy, how's the baby doing?

Theia, I hope you aren't as stressed now as you were last week.

Here's a cool thing: The Race Director for the Kona Marathon posted on the 50 State Marathon Club Facebook page trying to contact members who are running her race. So I emailed her. She emailed me back, and said that they are letting us pick our bib numbers, any number between 10 and 300. She listed a few that were already chosen (39, 50, 51, 74, 100, something like that), but I could choose any other number. So I chose 35, since it'll be my 35th state. That's a neat little perk that's never been offered to me before...

In other news, my blog now includes all my Race Reports on the Marathon tab. I had started writing these reports after marathon #2, which was in April 2006. I finally went back and wrote up a report for marathon #1 (Chicago '05). So while all the others are immediately after the race, this one is 10.5 years late. But better late than never, I guess. So if anybody wants to read my never-before-seen report from Chicago, or check back on any of my previous reports (including big and small 30s meet-ups in Philly, Minneapolis, St Louis, Eugene, New Orleans, Kalamazoo, etc), please feel free to check it out.

Well, I've now got less than 6 weeks until the Kona Marathon. I ran 10 miles this past weekend, and I need a few more long runs. But they'll be hard to get. Because we've got some rainouts to make up, my kid's team has 6 softball games over the next 7 weekdays. I got up at 5am to get in a short run this morning, since that's all I'll have time for today. I might have to do that a few more times over the next week or two...

I guess that's it. How's everybody doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 05-17-2016, 07:13 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's I might try to lift at lunch today and run tonight. That is the plan until it falls apart anyway.

Bob that is really cool about the race number.

Missy how is everything going?
#3 of 13 Old 05-17-2016, 07:15 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Good morning. Today is the big day for work. I don't want to get into too many details, but if you're my fb friend you've probably seen some posts indicating what it's about. I just have to get through today. At 9 pm I'll either be relieved (and doing a shot of ouzo) or devastated (............ and doing a shot of ouzo). You KNOW I'm stressed if I'm planning to drink!!!! Thanks for the good wishes Duck, Kath, and Bob!

Duck, I'm heading to PDX next weekend! Want to play?

Missy, please check in and let us know how you're doing.

Hi everyone else. Have a good day, and please send any spare positive vibes my way for the next 11 hours.

#4 of 13 Old 05-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
~~~~~~~ Theia

Yoga studio posted summer class schedule today… They made all the early morning classes 530s, which means they will all be 90 min (wednesday is a 60 min through May). Which means it will be a lot easier for me to hit 30 hours/month. MWA HA HA
#5 of 13 Old 05-18-2016, 07:33 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I got in a short run and some weights last night. I didn't lift at lunch yesterday instead we went to China Town for lunch. Today I might try to slip out again.

Theia it sounds like you got what you wanted I am happy for you!!! Let the drinking commence!!

Kath yeah to Yoga!
#6 of 13 Old 05-18-2016, 12:16 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Theia - FB message me your guy's schedule and I'll see if we can make something happen! I could use a road trip and a beer. Congrats on the vote going your way!

Ran 6 yesterday and my eyes got absolutely sandblasted by the pollen.
#7 of 13 Old 05-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
hi all!

we are doing well. there have been a few rough nights here and there but all in all, AJ is a lot more chill than AK ever was. *knocks on wood* my mom is taking great care of us so its been wonderful. she leaves next mon and the ILs arrive the same day. insert tears. heh.

congrats theia!!!! it sounds like a lot of work was put into it. you tot rock.

bob, i can't believe kona is fast approaching! it feels like you've been talking about/planning for it for a while.. yet, its sneaking up. very cool of the RD to offer to let you choose a bib #, too!

duck, is the pollen very bad up there this year?

katho, 30 hours/month?! holy smokes. they must have changed the schedule just for you.
theia likes this.
#8 of 13 Old 05-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Special Member

OMG, those baby pix! What a beauty! Yes, the pollen is getting an early start. Hopefully it will be an early finish and be done before the Olympic Trials on July 1.

I got out for a 16 mile bike ride at lunch. Some urban park, some old growth forest, and some beautiful river paths. I'm very fortunate to have this stuff so close.
theia likes this.
#9 of 13 Old 05-19-2016, 07:29 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I got in a short run and some weights last night. I think I should be able to run again tonight. Tomorrow might be a rest day but we shall see.

Duck nice job on the run and bike ride.

Missy!!! I need to go look for those pictures.
#10 of 13 Old 05-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
...my eyes got absolutely sandblasted by the pollen.
BLERG. Allergies suck. I hear you and others talk about the effects, and am so grateful I don't have to deal with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
OMG, those baby pix!
RIGHT?!?!? SO stinking cute. And she already looks like she is up to no good in the one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
katho, 30 hours/month?! holy smokes. they must have changed the schedule just for you.
I know you're joking, but…. From comments Tim and Rachel (the owners) have made about the schedule, my opinion DOES actually have some (little bit of) weight. HEH. Because I'm there all the time, and follow directions in class*, and bring new people in, and encourage newbies, and and and…

*It's bizarre, but some people refuse to do the poses correctly. And it's not that they're modifying them because of an injury or something, they just… make their own move up that sort of resembles the pose.

How did it get to be 830 already? (My 420 wake up means 9pm bedtime.)
#11 of 13 Old 05-20-2016, 07:21 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's yesterday just turned out to be weights so tonight I need to run at least an hour. Well that is the plan right now anyway. This weekend is prom so a couple of the kids will be excited. Maybe I will take the smaller ones to a movie.

missy the baby is just beautiful.

morning yogi Kath!!!
#12 of 13 Old 05-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Special Member

Good Friday, y'all.

Ran a couple miles on the TM last night, just to have done something. We are hosting NCAA softball regionals and NCAA Women's golf Championships this weekend. I hope to spend a good amount of time today out walking the golf course, and then watch some softball this evening. I'll probably use my bike to get around today.

Ron, DS had a sick day this week so I ended up taking him to Captain America, Civil War. The new spiderman was my favorite part of the movie.
#13 of 13 Old 05-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Addicted Member

Hiya.

I did a yoga double this morning - 90 min Bikram and then 60 min Yin. Yin was interesting, but I'm not sure it was a good idea…. hips ACHE. Dunno if that's because they're all stretched out or if I jacked something up.

Otherwise, it's a gorgeous day here. I'm kind of too exhausted and hurt-y to do anything outside though, and all my outside furniture is in my aunt's barn. ha.

Huh. Dog nose touching my leg ever so slightly. Tickles.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page