Hey 30s, any news this week? - KickRunners.com

#1 of 17 Old 05-09-2016, 11:53 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Hey 30s, any news this week?

Hello hello. Any news from Missy? Hope everyone had an enjoyable Mother's Day yesterday.

I ran 4 days in a row, and my legs are not happy about it.

Thursday - 1.6 miles tacked onto the end of a Spinning class
Friday - 4 tempo miles
Saturday - 8.2 hilly trail miles in the rain and mud
Sunday - 6.5 miles on rolling hills

I was supposed to bike yesterday but my friend wanted to run instead. Oof! I still have not been on my bike once this year. Worst. Triathlete. Ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 05-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Good job on the running, Theia! Bike weather is coming, you'll be fine. I just got some hybrid tires put on my mountain bike and bought a nice lockset, so I'm going to try to keep it in or on my truck at all times and see if that spurs me to get some miles in on two wheels.

I got in 30 miles last week, and have done 3.5 tm Sunday + 8 hilly today so far this week.
#3 of 17 Old 05-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Hallo Pooh.

Nice work Theia and Duck!

Went to class this morning (last day off. Sigh.) Was supposed to have Dana, but got my favorite (Tim) instead. BONUS!!! (Even though I kind of crapped out in the floor section again. Not hydrated well enough the last couple days.) I've got 4 days in a row so far.

Anyway. Ran a bunch of errands this afternoon - it's WAY easier to do that with no traffic on the street or in the stores!!! I could really get into this not working thing. Although I need the paycheck. Darn.

#4 of 17 Old 05-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
hi all.

the baby arrived late thursday night. we are so thankful and grateful for the new addition of a beautiful healthy baby girl to our family. her name is adeline jane, so AJ from here on out thank you all for the kind wishes and thoughts!!!!
#5 of 17 Old 05-10-2016, 03:53 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Congrats Missy! Welcome AJ

Baby M turned 8 yesterday, and celebrated by getting kicked out of school for suspected pink eye! He got enough diagnosed early enough in the day to get the required amount of drop doses in, so he was able to play in his baseball double header. It rained the whole time, but not enough to cancel. He's turning in to quite the little athlete. It's fun to watch.

I'm plugging along - work and life are making workouts sparse, but I'm still getting enough in to keep sane most of the time. Looking at the calendar, it may be awhile until I can commit to training for another big event, but if we manage to plan a meet up that may push my motivation a bit
#6 of 17 Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Congrats, missy and g!!!!!
#7 of 17 Old 05-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Congrats, Missy! Glad to hear that everybody is happy and healthy...

Happy belated birthday to Baby M.

I still have aches and pains in my left hip/butt area and my right foot, so I've been taking an extended break in an effort to let it heal up. Instead, I now have an additional pain in my left knee. I must be getting old because I'm really breaking down. Actually, today I feel a bit better than yesterday, so maybe I'm finally starting to heal. I'll give it one more day off, and then maybe I'll try to run tomorrow...
#8 of 17 Old 05-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Special Member

Welcome AJ and congrats Missy!!

Keep plugging away, Amichel!

Bob, I hope your old bod heals up right quick.

I got out for something different yesterday. 20ish mile on the rail trail on my mountain bike after work. My wrists took a little bit of umbrage with me, but otherwise it was a very fun thing to do on a nice day.
#9 of 17 Old 05-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Addicted Member

WOOHOO MISSY!!! And Welcome AJ!

See? Baby week.

Actually slept straight through last night & made it to class this morning. MMMMM.
#10 of 17 Old 05-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Special Member

6.5 miles yesterday in warm conditions. It was a nice run, but I could definitely feel the effects of the previous day's bike ride.

Nice work, YogaGirrrrl!
#11 of 17 Old 05-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
Nice work, YogaGirrrrl!

I didn't sleep last night (storms moving through made me ache. ) but I somehow made it to class this morning. Will likely crash on the couch as soon as I sit down tonight.

#12 of 17 Old 05-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Good afternoon, everyone. Yay, I think I'm finally getting past my aches, pains, and creaks. I ran a little over 3 miles yesterday and felt fine. I dunno if I'll have time to run today, so I might get another day off. Anyway, I feel like I'm ready to get back into training...
#13 of 17 Old 05-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Special Member

I just had a big lunch at a bbq place. My assistants bought me a belated birthday meal. Ooooof. Need a work-nap now.
#14 of 17 Old 05-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Addicted Member

MMmmmm. BBQ. I could go for that. I just had eggs and a banana for dinner, cause I'm too tired to cook anything else.

We have more big storms rolling through. I don't need to look outside to know they're there. Thinking about Tylenol pm tonight so my brain's not so waterlogged tomorrow.

Stupid bones.

Anyway, I made more progress on the chicken placemats I"m making, so that's fun. And the dogs are ready to snuggle, so I better put on PJs and get to it.
#15 of 17 Old 05-13-2016, 08:32 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
I just had eggs and a banana for dinner, cause I'm too tired to cook anything else.
I had a brownie for dinner yesterday. And potato chips and one hard boiled egg for breakfast.

Can you tell I'm a little stressed, overworked, and tired? The work stuff will resolve on Tuesday. I'll either be elated and relieved or inconsolable, depending on which way it goes.
#16 of 17 Old 05-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Special Member

Good vibes on the work stuff, Theia. You headed out to Portland this summer for a visit?

6.2 miles at lunch today. During the first 3 I actually felt light on my feet.

Tycho had his premiere as Charlie Bucket in a Willy Wonka play last night at the community playhouse and he was pretty happy how it went. We are going to see it tonight.
#17 of 17 Old 05-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Addicted Member

Heeeeeeeey…..

Theia wins the dinner-of-champions contest.
~~~~~~~~ for the work bs.

Bravo Tycho!

And YAY for light runs! (Wait, that sounds…. questionable. heh.)

I have beans soaking to cook tomorrow to eventually make chili with, since it's supposed to be cooler here next week. But I haven't made any progress on that or getting other groceries for it because I met up with SFC people tonight for a drink. FUNNY.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page