1Likes
  • 1 Post By missy1102

#1 of 14 Old 04-25-2016, 06:02 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
4/25-5/1 Late Start

Where is everyone?

I took the boys to the vet tonight. Oskar was due for some shots… The little guy was just along for the ride.

Need to go to bed in a few so I can get up for 530 class tomorrow.

What are you guys DOIN'?

Stupid auto correct keeps changing that to coin. It is obviously not up on pop culture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 04-26-2016, 05:03 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Howdy, Kath. And anyone else who still hangs around here. Yeah, our weeks get off to late starts, don't they?

I'm still a tad bit sore after the weekend, but overall nothing to complain about. I'll still give myself a few more days before I get back into it...

No other news, I suppose. I'll work on a Race Report before too long...
#3 of 14 Old 04-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Good morning Bob and Kath.

6.2 miles yesterday on the trails. Nice and cool, so running was easy. I took Tobey for a run on a hilly trail on Sunday, and my thighs let me know that I'm not in hill shape on Monday.

#4 of 14 Old 04-26-2016, 04:41 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

5:30 class this morning and

Wait, the little guy just walked past the door. Time to poop or something. Stand by.

Ok. I get 1 warning that he has to go (he quietly makes a loop past the back door, and hopefully I'm in the kitchen to see it), so I have to react. It's weird, because I'm used to Oskar TELLING me that he has to go if it's outside the normal schedule.

Anyway. TOok Oskar to the vet last night - just a routine check & due for shots. The little guy came along for the ride… and fell asleep on the bench next to me and started snoring. Quite a change from the first time we went and he shivered in my lap till he realized nothing would happen to him.

And now Oskar is barking at me. I always take them out together, but somehow they can't get their … urges... synchronized.
#5 of 14 Old 04-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Special Member

6.5 miles at lunch yesterday.

Tobey the dog needs a little friend.
#6 of 14 Old 04-27-2016, 10:40 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
Tobey the dog needs a little friend.
Lounging at the vet…
#7 of 14 Old 04-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Afternoon 30's I thought I had posted something this week but I guess I didn't. I am feeling like a runner again. I should be over 30 miles again this week and I am shooting for a 10 mile run on Sunday. My lifting has been going well too. It has finally cooled down a little this week so that is a good thing.

Hi Kath my dogs hate the vet.

Bob nice job on the marathon!!!

Nice running Duck!
#8 of 14 Old 04-27-2016, 03:11 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
doggie pics!!!!!!

hope you're recovery is going well, bob.

double digits, ron!

here i am. still pregnant. my due date was yesterday so it could be any moment now. that is kind of thrilling... and anxiety inducing at the same time. lol. mom is here and barely lets me lift a finger so i have it pretty good. in the meantime i'm catching up with some reading and also last minute nesting type things. oh, and eating to try to get to DH's weight. i'm 3 pounds away so it might not happen but i figure this is the one time in my life its acceptable to be the same weight as him so i gotta at least try, right?!

off to find a doughnut..

toodles.
theia likes this.
#9 of 14 Old 04-27-2016, 06:57 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
I'm not sure what happy delivery vibes look like, but I'm sending them nonetheless.

Hi everyone! Still plugging away here. Work is totally nutso, running is steady (11 miles on Sunday), everything else is so-so. Hope everyone is doing well.
#10 of 14 Old 04-28-2016, 04:37 PM
Special Member

Hey Missy - Still preggo? I guess we'll know when you're absent for a while!

Hiya Theia. Say Hiya to Dave, too! I'm sorry for whatever the Eagles end up doing this weekend in the draft.

5 miles yesterday, 6 miles today at lunch.

Lots going on this weekend here. Spring game, fundraisers, etc.
#11 of 14 Old 04-28-2016, 05:48 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

MISSAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!! Where's that baby?!?

6am class yesterday, and 530 today. I'm sleeping in tomorrow. (Ok, which will probably only be until 5 or 530, but still. Not 4:20. )

Fixing plaster and stuff here. Was hoping to get to knit a bit more tonight but I'm pooping out.
#12 of 14 Old 04-29-2016, 05:39 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
More good vibes to Missy and the new (or soon-to-be-new) arrival!

Heh Duck, that was a funny line about the Eagles.

I did my first run yesterday since the marathon. Just 2.5 easy miles. Almost time to get back into it. And I still need to write a Race Report, eh? Okay, I'll get around to that...
#13 of 14 Old 05-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Special Member

More Missy vibes, just in case they are useful. Hopefully you are resting with babe by now.

I ran 11 miles on the rail trail today, sort of inspired after going to the Eugene Marathon and watching the faster half marthoners go through the 12 mile mark and the sub 3:05 marathoners go through the 16 mile mark on a perfect marathon day here. That's the point where the routes kind of kiss each other next to the dog park and Autzen Stadium. My big take away was that there are no chubby fast runners, so if I want to improve it's kind of obvious where I need to turn my attention! Tobey went with me and wore his Bain (Batman) mask. He got some looks of fear, and some folk said "What a beautiful dog!" He was pretty good, only growled at a pack of kids (probably something traumatic in his past) and woofed at a big dog across the street. He didn't bother with the little dogs. I didn't want to push my luck and I also wanted to get stuff done today, so after the 3:05 group went past I took off and headed home.

My first two miles were in the 8:30s and the last four averaged 8:00, so it was a good run. Tons of bikes on the route today.
#14 of 14 Old 05-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

i'm still pregnant - 5 days overdue at this point. we have been walking around a ton and trying all the old wives tales but this one is happy to stay put, apparently.

so keep the vibes coming, please!!!!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page