30s 04/18 - 04/24 Did you do your taxes? - KickRunners.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By missy1102
  • 1 Post By amichel

#1 of 20 Old 04-19-2016, 05:59 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
30s 04/18 - 04/24 Did you do your taxes?

Hiya folks. Nobody started a thread yesterday? Where was everybody?

Anybody watch the Boston Marathon? I was too busy at work to follow it. And I don't know anybody who ran it this year. At least I don't think so...

Well, I'm only a few days away from that next marathon. While I feel pretty good, I do realize that I am probably crazy for attempting this. Below is my training over the last two months. Not exactly ideal. But since I'm this deep into it, I might as well give it a shot...

Last edited by gatorbob; 04-19-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 04-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14
Bob- good luck this week.

Duck- poison ivy/oak/sumac? I found out the hard way that we have poison ivy in our garden last year. First ever exposure and it was a doozy, I had to get prescription level cortisone cream and prednisone to tame it down. Moonie got us a mega size bottle of Tecnu and I use it after every gardening/yard work stint now.

Taxes... Moonie did them before we went on a vacation and sent the feds in right away (got a return) but sent the state's last week as we had to pay them.

Kris
#3 of 20 Old 04-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Hey. Still in absolute h*ll at work. I don't think I've ever been so busy and overwhelmed. Right now I have 102 unread emails in my work inbox (down from 111 yesterday, so not much progress!) and 477 unread emails in my personal account. I am NEVER this far behind. It is just nuts.

A friend ran Boston in 3:51 and was happy with that time, and a coworker did it in 3:11 - three months after having her second child. Holy. Carp. (Didn't want to get censored there.)

I ran 10 miles on Sunday for the first time in more than 2 years and was pretty pleased with that. The past two weeks have been so busy that I've run only on the weekends, nothing during the week. That part sucks, but at least I've been able to keep up with my long runs for absolutely no reason whatsoever, by the way. I'm training for nothing right now. I don't have time to pick a race and develop a training schedule!!! I'd really like to do an Olympic distance tri this summer, but I need 12 weeks to train and I have no time for that until work calms down. It will get better by Memorial Day, so maybe I can do a race in August. I have yet to get on my bike this year. Good thing I paid all that money for a spring tuneup a month ago!

Good luck, Bob! Run smart.

Hi Bard!

TTFN

Last edited by theia; 04-21-2016 at 06:34 AM. Reason: I had the wrong finish time for the coworker. She did it in 3:11!!

#4 of 20 Old 04-20-2016, 08:23 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's I have been running and lifting. My body feels less tired this week so hopefully I can run a bit longer this weekend. It has been so hot here too and it should start cooling so that will help. My youngest daughter that will be a freshman next year just found out she made the JV cheer team next year so that is exciting. My XC daughter has been dealing with some leg problems so hopefully it clears up before the season ends.

That is some chart Bob I hope the marathon goes well.

Hi Bard how is your Spring going?

theia a 10 mile run is awesome. I am hoping for double digits soon.
#5 of 20 Old 04-20-2016, 09:41 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
(((((Theia))))) I feel the same way about work right now. Just too much coming at us too quickly. I do prioritize my lunch runs though. It's my only sanity.

Got out for 6 on Monday and 5 on Tuesday. It is warm here, already in the 80s. I think we are going to roast this summer.
#6 of 20 Old 04-20-2016, 02:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
our taxes are done and we are expecting a refund so thats nice. i spent some of it on a deposit for the tesla m3 as a surprise for DH - he was thrilled

boB, it sounds like its a go for this marathon! good luck!

yay for ron's daughter! i cheered for 2 years.. it was fun (and time demanding. lol.)!

hi bard and katho! how are you ladies doing?

10!!!!!!! awesome job, theia! sorry work is teh SUCK right now. booooooo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
It is warm here, already in the 80s. I think we are going to roast this summer.
tell me about it. the past 4 days we've had a heat wave with temps in the upper 80s/90s. its been brutal and i've stayed indoors as much as possible. we even ran the A/C at night b/c it was 82 at 8pm upstairs when AK was trying to sleep.

other than that, its just a waiting game for me. any day now.
theia likes this.
#7 of 20 Old 04-21-2016, 09:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Go, Bob go! Have fun and stay safe!
theia likes this.
#8 of 20 Old 04-21-2016, 11:54 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Prince died.
I am devastated.
#9 of 20 Old 04-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's my running has been going well. I am finally feeling like a runner again. I have 25 miles for the week but tomorrow might be hard after leg weights today. It has been so hot here this week it sucks.

Duck yes working out keeps me from going crazy.

missy cool car and keeping my kids busy is a good thing.

Hi amichel!!!

Theia it is very sad. A very talented artist.
#10 of 20 Old 04-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Ron
Special Member

Afternoon 30's!!!
#11 of 20 Old 04-22-2016, 03:20 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Hi everybody. I made it to Colorado. I survived the plane ride, but I'm feeling rather creaky now. All this time, all my leg pain has been in my left leg. But this morning I woke up with my right foot aching. I have no idea why. I've also had some soreness in my left hip area for the past day or so. In other words, I'm practically a walking MASH unit. If I weren't already here, I'd really consider bailing on this race. I did, however, go for a slow run around City Park in Denver right after I got into town and I felt fine. It's weird, I felt better running than I do walking. Or sitting. So what the heck. I'm here, so I might as well give it a shot tomorrow. However, I feel there's a very tangible chance of me getting my first ever DNF. The most important thing is that I don't screw myself up so badly that I can't run in Hawaii in two months...

The race is at 6:00a local time (Mountain time) tomorrow. I'll check in after I finish and get back to my hotel... if I survive...
#12 of 20 Old 04-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Good luck Bob!

This is going to be an interesting weekend, for a lot of reasons.
#13 of 20 Old 04-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Special Member

Hope it went well, Bob!

I ran 9 miles yesterday at lunch. It went pretty well. I'm just a bit creaky today.

Theia, I'm also very sad about Prince. One of the reasons I'm so proud of our kiddo Mila and her ability to play so many instruments is that I have always loved artists like Prince and Steve Winwood who can do it all. Oh, I got to FaceTime with her for a good long session yesterday morning. She's really doing great in Germany and has hit her stride. We get her back in 2 months and I can't wait to see her again.

Good luck on your weekend, Kath. I'm not going to speculate, but that looks like an evil grin...
#14 of 20 Old 04-23-2016, 10:55 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Hey, guys. Well, I survived the marathon in Colorado. Actually, I suppose I did more than just survive. I did better than I could have hoped. Most importantly, I finished without any pain. Well, nothing other than the normal pain associated with running 26.2 miles. And I avoided a PW. My unofficial time was 4:29:25, which was faster than Kalamazoo and even faster than my last one in Houston somehow. And right about even with what I did in Omaha last Fall. I'm really surprised I pulled that off. I think it helped that the weather was terrific for running. It was nice and cloudy all morning, unlike most of my recent marathons. The sun always wears me down, and thankfully that didn't happen here.

Oh, and I also finished closer to the top than I ever have in a marathon before. I was told I came in 7th place. That's 7th overall, not 7th in my Age Group. Umm, this is because this was by far the smallest marathon I'd ever done. Previously, the ones I did in Wyoming and Wisconsin were both around 120 marathoners. This one was capped at 40. (There were another 40 Half Marathoners, and maybe a couple dozen people doing a 50k). Nonetheless, 7th out of 40 is a **** of a lot better than I expected to get for 4 and a half hours. But there were a lot of walkers here, and generally an older crowd.

Well, the most important thing is that state #34 is checked off the list. Now I think I'll take a week or two off before starting to get ready for Kona in June. I'm gonna need to work on my warm weather running for that one...
#15 of 20 Old 04-23-2016, 12:54 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Nice work Bob!!! Only 40 people? That's crazy! Regardless, 7th overall = :noteworthy:

Not evil Duck.

But I was right. MWA HA HA. Actually, in more ways than I could have anticipated. Are any of us near Warrenton, VA?
#16 of 20 Old 04-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Special Member

Kath, I think Myron in Mechanicsville is 90 miles away. We'll be in DC in June for a few days!

Congrats, Bob!! I'm glad you got through it unscathed.
#17 of 20 Old 04-24-2016, 01:30 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

I am now back home in New Jersey, barely 48 hours after I left...

Okay, as it turns out, I came in 8th place. 5 men and 2 women finished ahead of me. And there were only 33 who completed the Full Marathon (18 men, 15 women). I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be 40, so there must have been some DNS's and/or DNF's. Well, I'm glad I'm not one of them. You can see from the results page that this was definitely an older crowd. Not a whole lot of runners under 40...

http://runswithscissorsraces.weebly....6-results.html
#18 of 20 Old 04-24-2016, 05:15 PM
Ron
Special Member

Awesome job Bob!!!
#19 of 20 Old 04-24-2016, 07:05 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14
Bob- glad things went well for your race!

Kris
#20 of 20 Old 04-24-2016, 09:00 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
way to go, bob!!!!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page