1Likes
  • 1 Post By theia

#1 of 9 Old 04-04-2016, 10:13 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
30's week of 4/4

Morning 30's I have had a couple of tired runs the yesterday and today. I wanted to run 10 yesterday and ended up with a little over 5 and a half. Today I struggled for 5. The weights have been going well though. I probably just need to sleep a little better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
hiddy ho, 30s.

ron, do you think you're overtrained? i know you've been running a bit... do you need a stepback week?

katho, how did the new ointment work out?

hi amichel!

duck, envious of your runs!

boB, i'm so sorry to hear that you've been under so much pain. we have a friend here who is going through something similar and has basically been unable to do anything around the house. they also have a 2 year old and his wife is 7 months pregnant so its been a really rough ride for them. i hope you feel better soon. are you back at work?

we had a fun weekend with a playdate, birthday party, and BBQ and also worked on the nursery which is coming along. hoorah!

3.4 mile hike today with DH. it was a tad bit on the warmer side and i forgot my hat/sunglasses so it was hot but it felt so great to get out and stretch my legs. on the way back, we saw a coyote sprinting across a meadow, scoop down, and catch a rabbit!! it was pretty cool.

ok. time for second lunch. later, gators.
#3 of 9 Old 04-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Missy, too funny. I intended to write Hidey Ho on my post but just saw that you did the same. So I guess I'll settle for...

Hello hello.

Bob, hope you are feeling better soon!! Just my 2 cents, but I don't think I'd do a marathon under those conditions. I know it sucks to lose the money, but your overall health and future ability to run (or not) are more important. There's my unsolicited advice for today.

Missy, how are you doing? Hi everyone else. As for me, I am a total stress grenade over here. Work is kinda awful and very stressful. But, I've had the opportunity to run in Central Park two Sundays in a row (on total fly-by visits to NYC), so that does not suck.

My hips are really out of whack right now, causing some back pain. It feels like it's just going to go out any second, but so far it hasn't hindered my ability to work out TOO much. I've just been really careful. I'm still loving TRX class. It's nice to have someone else tell me what to do for once!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week.

#4 of 9 Old 04-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Back at the airport...presentation went well, enjoyed the conference overall, but ready to get home! Hoping for a nap on the plane!
#5 of 9 Old 04-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
So… My buyers backed out.

And I haven't slept more than 3 hours a night for the last… 5 or so nights… Stress, pain, gut, etc.

Missy - the ointment helps. Or at least numbs my back so it isn't as… stabby or something, until I can get fixed.
#6 of 9 Old 04-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
So… My buyers backed out.

Crapfest
katholeenie likes this.
#7 of 9 Old 04-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Oh jeez, Kath, I'm sorry to hear that the buyers bailed. It sucks that you have to start over again...

So I'm feeling MUCH better now than I have been for the past 3 weeks or so. Not 100% better, but maybe, umm, 90% better. I even felt good enough to attempt a couple runs. I did 2 really slow miles yesterday, and 3 slightly faster miles today. No problems, so that's a good thing. Yeah, Theia, I understand what you're saying about not attempting the marathon like this. My next appt with my spine doc is on Monday, and I'll ask for his advice. (Heck, he's the one who told me that I might still be able to do this). Believe me, I wouldn't attempt it without a doctor's okay...

Anyway, I'm still not back to work. I'm sure I could have gone in today, and I probably could have gone in yesterday. But my leave was approved for three weeks, which ends Monday. I was told that in order to go back in early, I would need a note of medical approval from my doctor and I would need to re-do the paperwork with MetLife. Screw that. If they're gonna make me jump thru hoops to go back to work, I'll just take a few extra "vacation days" and go back when the paperwork says I should go back...
#8 of 9 Old 04-08-2016, 07:33 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's today I am just going to run something around 5. It is raining a bit here and it should stick around for a few days. It has brought cooler temps so that is a good thing.

missy I am cutting back this week I took 2 days off from running and I think that helped.

Theia I hope you are doing well.

Hi amichel

Kath that really sucks ass I am so sorry.

Bob I am glad you are feeling better but be careful.
#9 of 9 Old 04-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
kath, feeeeeeeeeeeccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page