Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

30's Easter week and Spring Break for some

3K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  amichel 
#1 ·
Morning 30's I had a 4 mile run this morning but my legs were really tired from yesterday. I am hoping to hit the weights later.

Lets have a great week 30's!!!!!

#3 ·
hi ron,

a huge congrats to your DD! sub 6 is amazing! was she happy with that result?

i'm not sure where everyone is. i miss them all, though!

5 mile hike yesterday with DH before the skies opened up and it poured.

3 mile walk today.

35 weeks today, so about 5-6 more weeks to go until the little lady joins me on our hikes/runs/walks. i can't wait.

#7 ·
Hi guys. I haven't written in a while because I typically don't write when I haven't been running. And yeah, I haven't run in a week. The reason: My sciatica came back. In a big way. Ouch. I'm telling you, this is some nasty stuff. I basically spent 4 days doing nothing but lying down, either on my bed or on my living room floor. I've finally gotten to the point where I can stand and even walk normally. But sitting down is still painful. That means riding in a car is painful. As such, I haven't been to work yet this week. And I haven't tried running.

My Colorado marathon is one month from today, and I'd say that's in serious jeopardy. I guess we'll see. I've skipped marathons before, so it won't be the end of the world if I have to skip this one too. I just want to make sure I'm ready to go by June in Hawaii. That would be a much harder one to re-plan.

Well, I hope you guys are all doing okay...

#9 ·
Evening 30's I have been working out a lot and it has been warm here. My daughter ran a disappointing 3200 today and she won't talk about it. :(

Kath that is awesome!!! I am so happy for you.

missy she was pretty happy but she still needs to learn how to race. There is much more racing than in XC.

Bard sorry for the lack of Spring Break.

Bob I am so sorry.

#14 ·
Kath that is awesome!!! I am so happy for you.
KATH!!!!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! i'm so so so so so happy for you! finally! what a relief. sorry for the crap sleep, though. blargh.
Kath- WAHOOO!!!! Fingers crossed that it all goes well through to closing. Can't wait to see what you pick for yourself and Oskar. :)
THANKS!!

Missy, your level of activity this late in the game is impressive.

Bard, no kidding. They bought the house as is, so the inspection is for knowledge, not negotiating. But they do have the right to back out if something CRAZY turns up. I think pretty much everything that needs to be fixed is obvious, so… Hopefully it's ok. The good thing is my 2nd walk through on The House is the day after inspection here, so at least I'll know if they freak out before I make an offer.

Had a good weekend, but was running from one thing to the next the whole time. Wish I had another day to recoup. Went to yoga this morning, got back worked on and then went to my aunt's for Easter lunch. But then one of my aunt's came over and helped me pack for 2 hours, so… I probably should have got my back worked on after.

:roll_eyes:

Anyway, SOMEONE BOUGHT MY HOUSE!!! :banana:

:D

#10 ·
yikes, boB. sorry to hear that. sciatica pain is the worst and can be so debilitating. are you on meds?

ron, learning how to race is hard. plus, shes so young! i feel like theres always a maturity component to it as well, i.e. discipline and self control which can be hard to come by in such young runners. she will learn in time, i have no doubt!

KATH!!!!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! i'm so so so so so happy for you! finally! what a relief. sorry for the crap sleep, though. blargh.

i've been walking as much as i can these days.. a mile here, 4 there. nothing crazy. it will be a semi busy weekend mostly b/c i need to get a ton of nursery stuff done. DH is finally done with working saturdays so its great to have him around to help, too. i had a bit of a minor scare yesterday when i thought i was going into labor but it was a false alarm. that sure lit the fire under my (big) butt to get some stuff done, though. heh.

but first, second breakfast time.

have a great weekend all!!!!!!

#11 ·
Afternoon 30's have 30 miles for the week so tomorrow will be a short slow run so I can run something longer on Sunday. I also already have 100 for the month so it will be my best month in a few years. It has been harder to keep my strength up because I am probably losing some weight but what can you do.

missy that is a lot of walking nice job.

#12 ·
Kath- WAHOOO!!!! Fingers crossed that it all goes well through to closing. Can't wait to see what you pick for yourself and Oskar. :)

Ron- actually, I didn't mind working through spring break (I work at a university, the students' spring break was last week). I got a LOT of stuff done that had been piling up, which is good because I'll get behind again when I actually do go on vacation in another week.

#15 ·
Evening peeps. I'm beat. No class today, but Monday is usually an off day.

People buying my house came over today and started power washing the railing over the front porch. (That will make more sense to those of you who've been here.) Good. They SHOULD get completely attached to the house before the inspection so they won't be freaked out by anything they find and back out of the deal. HAHAHA.

In the mean time, I'm waiting again… And trying to do some research, but it's kind of hard when I don't have all the measurements I need. (As in, in my potential new house.)

Um… Little guy is snoring next to me. No idea how such a little body can snore like an adult man.

#17 ·
You hiked 8.4 miles and you're due in maybe 4 weeks? INSANE, Missy.

I went to class this morning. Was a good one. :) and work (meh) and met a neighbor from the cross street who saw the buyer working on my house today, and thought they'd already taken possession. Um, not yet. Heh.

#20 ·
You hiked 8.4 miles and you're due in maybe 4 weeks? INSANE, Missy.
that hike def pushed my limits but i'm totally glad i did it. there was a 40 ft cliff drop down to the beach where you had to shimmy down on your bottom on 3-4 foot drops and stop on these tiny ledges.. so that was a little dicey. but, like i said, i'm done. and staying on solid ground. heh.

Been awake since about 130, not sure why.

I think my brain is melting. Or waterlogged. Or something.
you have a TON going on. maybe you're in overdrive with everything that needs to be done?

i had a massage yesterday and it was heavenly. i totally fell asleep. heh.

#18 ·
Heya peeps,

Busy time is starting to abate. DW got back from Michigan, so no more horse duty (or dootie) for me. The softball stadium opening went well. Tycho landed the role of Charlie Bucket in the local theater Willy Wonka play, so he's got a lot of memorizing to do! We get Mila back in June, so I've got to make some plans for finding a place in Washington DC to stay for a few days when we pick her up there.

I've been running about every other day or so, usually 6 miles. Last night it was along the river and it was nice and sunny out, so it was good to see all of the runners, walkers, cyclist, skateboarder, etc. coming out to enjoy the nice weather.

#21 ·
Kath, congrats on selling the house! I hope everything goes smoothly from here on...

Okay, so it turns out that the sciatica is due to a herniated disc. Actually two herniated discs. Yeesh, not fun. This is why it's taking longer to heal than the last time. But I am slowly getting better. I haven't been at work in two weeks. Thankfully my company has a generous insurance plan with MetLife where I won't miss any pay because of injury or illness. I've just been going stir-crazy because I've been sitting around the house with nothing to do. (Actually, worse -- LYING around the house, because sitting has been too painful).

I've seen a spine doctor, who says I'm making good progress in the healing. He actually still thinks I might be able to run the race in Colorado, which is just over 3 weeks away. By that, he basically means that I should be healthy enough by then to run. I will, however, be completely untrained. So I'm really debating whether I should attempt it. If I bail on the race, I'd forfeit the plane tickets and race registration fee anyway. So if I'm healthy, why not give it a shot? This is the race that's 20 laps around a lake. If I go out there and try, but then conk out after 10 laps, so what? It's not like a point-to-point or single-loop course where I could conk out 10 miles from anywhere.

In other words, a DNF is the same net result as a DNS. And if it doesn't really cost me any extra money, I'm really tempted to do it. If I do somehow make it all the way thru 26.2 miles, however, I'd bet I'd blow away my PW. But still, that's probably better than not doing it all... Hmm...

#25 ·
I'm sitting in the airport, so I have time to catch up here

Missy - that's a badass last hoorah!

Kath - glad the house sold, hope all the transitions go smoothly

Bob - hope you are healing well. I wouldn't worry about the pw...or about deciding in advance. A lot can change quickly coming back from injury.

I see Duck & Ron are still plugging away at workouts.

I'm forgetting someone. I'll have to re-read and edit later!

As for me, getting about half the workouts I plan to do, done. Not too bad considering everything.

I'll be in Rochester NY this week to present at a nerd conference :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.