• 1 Post By gatorbob
  • 1 Post By duckgeek

#1 of 18 Old 02-29-2016, 09:04 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
30's First week of March 2016

Morning 30's I had some good workouts this weekend. I even ran a little over 8 yesterday (longest in a while) slow and when I got home my daughter wanted to run on the TM so we headed to the Club and I ran a little over a mile and then I did some core exercises.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 02-29-2016, 10:40 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post
Hubba hubba.
Snort. That would have been WAAAAAY more fun.

Deep tissue massage while laying on a hard wood floor really freaking hurts. I was >< close to cussing at him. COuldn't though, considering his elbows were digging into my ribs which were out of place. Couldn't get enough breath to do it.

My numbers for February are pretty good though… hit classes 22 out of 29 days, and have 28.5 hours in.

Had an open house over the weekend. Trying not to be creeped out about it. She had over 30 people in the first hour… Hopefully they weren't all gawkers and someone will make an offer.
#3 of 18 Old 02-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Nice running Missy, Ron and Bob!

I got out for 6.5 today at lunch and it was pretty good. Yesterday I went horseback riding with Amy. We did about 6k or so in the state park. I've now run, mountain biked and horse ridden that loop of trails.

Ron, are you geeked up for baseball?

My hoops team got whipped on Saturday. I hope the girls bounce back this weekend in our finale. Meanwhile, the Oregon Ducks are looking like a 2 or maybe even a 1 seed if we finish strong.

#4 of 18 Old 03-01-2016, 08:30 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I had a short slow run yesterday and I lifted some weights. I will lift today but not sure about running since I did my legs yesterday.

Kath I am crossing my fingers about the house.

Duck I am excited about baseball season. Let me go in order. My son's high school team opened with a double header and they won both games! Yeah!!! Fullerton Titans look ok. They have pitching but I am not sure about the bats. The Angels should be interesting I have seen projections from 1st to 4th. How about you?
#5 of 18 Old 03-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
kath, your numbers are fantastic. i'm still so impressed that you can get up so early to go to class. i'm so not a morning person and the thought of moving at 5:30am in the morning makes me cringe pleasepleasepleaseprettyplease someone make an offer on the house!!!!!!!! well, one thing you have going for you is that spring is around the corner and the market tends to pick up... lets get this house sold!

ron, love that your kids are so fitness oriented and that you get to work out along side them. i really hope thats the case for my kids one day, too.

duck, are you sore from horseback riding? i know i am whenever i go... hows the tree house coming along?

DH had the day off yesterday so we went hiking in the hills behind stanford. it was a gorgeous day and we hiked 4+ miles with decent elevation gain. we also got a bunch of stuff/errands done both around the house and out and about for the baby/nursery so it was a productive day. oh! and we found our burrito place, finally. we're huge mexican fans (ok, lets be honest.. we're just huge food
fans!) and have scoured the area for the best tacqueria and we finally found it. wooooooooooooooooooooot!!

3.12 miles this morning with bella around the 'hood. its going to be another beautiful day! good days, all.
#6 of 18 Old 03-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Hallo, everybody. I hope everyone has had a good week so far. I too hope you get an offer on the house, Kath!

After a nice run on Saturday, I took Sunday off. I did an easy 3 miles yesterday, and I plan on 7 or so tonight. Ack, less than 8 weeks until the next marathon! How does the time slip by so quickly?!?
#7 of 18 Old 03-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Hey all - retested back squat, overhead press and deadlift yesterday and I was between my November and January tests on all of them. So apparently I'm recovering from surgery ok after all. Now to get a few miles in and really test it!
#8 of 18 Old 03-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Addicted Member

NICE Amy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
kath, your numbers are fantastic. i'm still so impressed that you can get up so early to go to class. i'm so not a morning person and the thought of moving at 5:30am in the morning makes me cringe pleasepleasepleaseprettyplease someone make an offer on the house!!!!!!!! well, one thing you have going for you is that spring is around the corner and the market tends to pick up... lets get this house sold!

we hiked 4+ miles with decent elevation gain. we also got a bunch of stuff/errands done both around the house and out and about for the baby/nursery so it was a productive day.

3.12 miles this morning with bella around the 'hood. its going to be another beautiful day! good days, all.

1) thanks.
1b) I go to bed b 9 usually. And I'm not a social morning person. Tim (owner/teacher) laughs how I grunt at him when I trudge in at 5:15, but after class & cleaning up I'll actually smile and talk to him. I think one of the reasons I like it so much is that even though it's a room full of people, it's quiet, and you're not allowed to talk. Not that much different from my old quiet morning runs in that regard.
1c) No kidding. I'm so tired of trying to get rid of this house… and I don't know what it's going to take to get it gone. Agent said other than the mansion around the corner on the river, Sunday's open house was the biggest she's ever had. I hope there was an actual buyer among all the gawkers, cause the whole thing really creeps me out.

2) um… aren't you pregnant? I am exhausted just reading your list.
#9 of 18 Old 03-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Addicted Member

I guess i never reported fitness yesterday.

Went to the 530am class yesterday, and hit the 6am class today. Going to try to get the 530 class again tomorrow.

Funny thing about the early classes… If I stay up past 9pm - regardless the day of the week - the dogs are both walking over to the stairwell and looking back at me like, "wait, isn't it time to go up now? Aren't you coming?"

Time to unwind with the pups and knit a bit. Making a cowl for someone. It's a surprise. Her husband asked me to make it, and says she'll go nuts. Hopefully.
#10 of 18 Old 03-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Special Member

Kath, A cowl? You're friends with Batman??

I ran 2 on Tuesday and 6.2 on Wednesday. Sore legs and hips today, so I'll limit myself to running around at basketball practice tonight. It's our last one of the season, so we'll play kids vs. parents scrimmage and then off to Dairy Queen for blizzards.
#11 of 18 Old 03-04-2016, 06:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Hello hello. Nice job on keeping up with stuff, everyone. You are all so motivating!

Well, I signed up for two early races and the first is this weekend. It's an indoor triathlon - 500 yard swim, 15 miles on a Spinning bike, and 3 miles on the treadmill. I knew it had been a long time since my last tri, so I checked my log. Ready for this? June 29...

2013!

What the ??? I guess it's good that my expectations are humble. As long as my times are under 10 minutes, 44 minutes, and 27 minutes respectively, I'll be happy.

The second race is next weekend, a trail 12K. I have a feeling that will be slightly less fun and stress-free than the just-for-fun tri this Sunday.

Any fun weekend plans?
#12 of 18 Old 03-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
gooooooooooooood friday morning, folks.

its been a busy few days here and i haven't been fitnessing much. yesterday i was feeling out of sorts and just not myself so i took a long walk with bella instead of running. i'll try to get out for a short run/walk today.. its been very gray and humid but with a slight breeze so i'd like to take advantage of the weather.

we have dinners both sat and sun night with friends so i'm looking forward to... not having to cook. hahaha. i'm about to head out to a friend's house for brunch but first need to drop by a bagel place. i finally found a bagel place that has bagels that are *just* passable for NY bagels. i swear its something about the water in NY
#13 of 18 Old 03-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Addicted Member

Hiya guys. Yay for signing up for the races, Theia!

Missy, you're right, bagels just aren't the same outside of NYC/NJ/CT. Pizza too. Well, Chicago makes the deep dish style quite well. But nowhere else makes pizza as good as the NYC metro area. And yeah, if anyone thinks you're kidding about the water, I've read plenty of theories that say the drinking water in the NYC area has exactly the right balance of minerals (calcium and magnesium and what-not) that makes bagel and pizza dough taste better than anywhere else...

Weekend plans? Well, softball season is right around the corner, and tonight we have a practice at the gym so all the girls who haven't played all winter can get back into the swing of things a bit. The draft for the Spring rec teams in on Sunday.

I'm also planning on a long run tomorrow. Probably 18 miles would be good. I can only hope I feel nearly as good as I did last weekend. DD has a couple of Girl Scouts events this weekend, plus a play date with her best friends from school (one of whom is leaving soon for 3 weeks to visit her family in India; DD is quite upset that her friend will be gone for so long) . So, keeping busy...
#14 of 18 Old 03-05-2016, 01:28 PM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's just checking in. My daughter got sick and didn't end up running in the meet. Oh well. I ran 26.5 for the week which was the best I have done in almost 2 years. I am going to 30 next week.
#15 of 18 Old 03-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Addicted Member

Good job, Ron! Keep it up!

Well, I made it thru 18 miles today, and felt pretty good again. You may recall that last week on my 16 miler I cranked up the speed and made my last mile the fastest of the day. I tried to do that again today. I cranked up the speed and Mile 18 was... the 14th fastest of the day. So umm, didn't quite succeed there. I swear, I felt like I was really cruising along. But apparently not. It sure felt like I should have been moving fast. Oh well. But since I finished in one piece, I'll take it and call it a success...
theia likes this.
#16 of 18 Old 03-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Special Member

18 is pretty great, Bob!

Sorry for your kiddo, Ron. Nice running.

6 miles yesterday, 6.2 on the TM tonight.
#17 of 18 Old 03-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
I had forgotten how much fun triathlons are. When can I do it again?

Swim 9:32
Bike 36:26
Run 25:36
Total 1:11:34

BOOM

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend!
#18 of 18 Old 03-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Special Member

Way to crush it, Theia!
theia likes this.