Feb 22 through whatever Sunday is - KickRunners.com

#1 of 18 Old 02-22-2016, 05:28 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Feb 22 through whatever Sunday is

Hi.

I didn't do anything today. Well, I went to work, but you know what I mean. I don't usually go to yoga on Monday or Friday. Really need to spend some time in the hot room though.

Tell me something good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 02-22-2016, 09:00 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
hi kath!

i'm back from vacay - it was glorious and just what i needed. we went with another family and had a blast.. the kids loved the clubhouse and couldn't get enough of it so the adults had some really relaxing meals and time by the beach/pool.

i didn't engage in any fitnessing whatsoever so i feel a bit guilty about that but i'll get back with the program this week.

2 miles, more walking than running this morning. i remember slowing down a bit in volume around this time with AK so its about time i feel so much more cumbersome and large/heavy earlier this time so i'll take it one day at a time!
#3 of 18 Old 02-22-2016, 09:10 PM
Special Member

katho, i hear you on your Problem. the other day i told DH quite seriously that we need to get a puppy NOW so that s/he will be trained by the time the baby arrives. it didn't help that when i dropped Bella off for boarding a puppy adoption event was going on. i *ALMOST* left with a GSP mix puppy...

hope the showing(s) went well!

ron, wow!! your running is going really well. and despite the heat, too. great job - keep it up! is your XC daughter running track?

amichel, yay for hints of running! you'll get back there!!

how was skiing, duck? how many chaperones were there? not sure if i mentioned that i'm the kindergarten girl scouts leader so we will eventually embark on larger field trips but as of now, we will stick to the art room, thankyouverymuch.

((((KJ)))) its nice to see you around here.

#4 of 18 Old 02-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Howdy. Skiing went pretty well. 3 of the kids were okay, but they all had downhill experience to draw upon. The other 3 boys were pretty frustrated. They would fall over and have a hard time getting back up. They crashed on every single little downhill. One of them snapped a pole when he put all of his weight on it at an angle. The other chaperone had never been XC, but she grew up in New England and had enough snow background to pick it up.

I had a decent 6.2 mile run yesterday. It was really nice out, so I just kind of went slow and chilled out. I'm headed out for a lunch run in a few moments.

Hugs to anyone who wants or needs them! I think there is some winter malaise going around.
#5 of 18 Old 02-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Afternoon 30's today is probably only a lifting day my legs are tired from the leg weights yesterday. Tomorrow I will try for a good run and some more weights.

Kath get back to the yoga!!!

missy welcome back from vacation. The running has been going a little better but I run inside a lot so the weather doesn't make too much of a difference.

Duck one of these days I have to try skiing again. It sounds like fun.
#6 of 18 Old 02-24-2016, 05:23 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Howdy, everyone. Dreary, gloomy weather here lately. At least it's not snowing. But it's kept me indoors on the TM. I ran 3.4 miles on Monday and 6.2 miles yesterday. Hopefully I'll have time for a couple miles tonight after work...

Glad to hear that the vacation was fun, Missy. I'm already practically counting the minutes til we go to Hawaii in June...

Skiing. I haven't been in eons. Some day I oughtta hit a slope again, but I'm getting old and I'll probably kill myself...
#7 of 18 Old 02-24-2016, 07:35 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
Hugs to anyone who wants or needs them! I think there is some winter malaise going around.
Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me (get the picture). Major work stress and a huge case of the blues over here.

Hugs right back to anyone else who gets in line.
#8 of 18 Old 02-24-2016, 08:24 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I will run and lift later today. I am trying to get to 100 miles for the month. I haven't done that in almost 2 years so that is exciting. It has been really warm here and I am not liking it much.

Bob I want to go to Hawaii too. It is such a long flight for you. Do you have a layover someplace?

Theia I need a hug too.
#9 of 18 Old 02-24-2016, 08:35 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
(((Ron)))
#10 of 18 Old 02-24-2016, 06:08 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

HUGS!!! I'll take one. ANd here's a grope back, just for the fun of it… (((( ))})})}}

Ok, maybe a couple gropes.

Made it to an hour class this morning. I think part of my problem is being cold all the time, and the hunching/clenching as a result.

Hoping to get worked on yet tonight… probably pretty late. WHich is not ideal, since I'd like to go to the 530 class in the morning, but… Have to do it when it's available.

OY. I just had Oskar out, but now he is throwing a bit of a fit. He must FINALLY be ready to poop.
#11 of 18 Old 02-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I got in a good 4+ mile run yesterday and a little weights yesterday. I need to lift today and run slower.

(((((Theia)))))) thanks!

(((((Kath))))))!!!
#12 of 18 Old 02-25-2016, 10:21 AM
Special Member

((((((theia)))))) (((((ron)))))) (((((katho)))))

AK has been home for the past 3 days, sick with fever and vomiting. its been fffffffuuuuuuuunnnnnnn. she's feeling much better today so i'm sending her to school at 11am for a half day. i literally have done nothing these past three days.. including no fitnessing so i'm desperate for a few hours here to go grocery shopping and go for a run/walk. although, its supposed to be 74F so i'm not sure i'm up for a run run. we'll see.

stay warm and healthy all!
#13 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 05:07 AM
Addicted Member

Hugs and get-well wishes to the 30s and their kids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Bob I want to go to Hawaii too. It is such a long flight for you. Do you have a layover someplace?

Yeah, we'll have a layover. I haven't bought the tickets yet because I keep waiting for the price to go down a little. But the airfares haven't budged an inch in over a month. I may just need to suck it up and pay thru the nose. No matter what, we'll probably fly United, and have a layover in either LAX or SFO...

I did 6.5 miles yesterday, and that bumped me over 100 miles for February. Third month in a row over 100. That's nothing special, but it's something...
#14 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 06:06 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
The plague has hit our house too
#15 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 08:39 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I am just doing a short slow run today and some abs. It is going to be warm here again.

missy sorry that sucks. Our house has been pretty healthy just a few minor colds and sniffles. My daughter is running track. Her first race is next weekend and she is running a leg in the 4 x 800. Not sure what else she is running.

Bob I would doubt that the prices for Hawaii will drop much for June. I have airline miles I plan on using the next time we go.

((((amichel)))) I am sorry.
#16 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 10:52 AM
Special Member

uuuuuuggghhhh. amichel. sorry. sucks donkey balls.

i'm still in the waiting period.. keeping my fingers crossed that somehow it skipped over me. she did infect a friend of hers whose family we had dinner with on monday night and he ended up in urgent care last night with a 105F fever i feel so terrible....

boB, i agree with ron that you will not see the prices drop much since you are looking at a june trip. are all 3 of you going?

ron, 800m is rough. i admire people who can go all out like that for 800m. yeeeesh.

4.25 miles this morning. more running than walking.. which was nice. i thought my running days are over but i was able to lumber through a few more miles today. lol. they still may be numbered.. one foot in front of the other in the meantime!

i have blueberry muffins in the oven. yuuuuuuuuuuuuum.
#17 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 05:05 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

((( ak )))))))

Your muffins sound good.

And I'm amazed that you're still able to get miles in this far along. :noteworthy:

J worked on me late late late Wednesday at my house. I was super sore all day yesterday, went to evening yoga and then he worked on me again right after class. (SO much easier for him that way, cause everything is stretched out and warm.) Anyway, this morning when I woke up and took inventory…. WHOA. I forgot what it's like to not hurt. Laid there for a minute just savoring it. Wish there was some way to make my bits stay. Unfortunately my bits are tightening up/shifting out of place again, but it's still way lower than normal. I'll take it.

And I don't know what it is about me posting that makes Oskar have to poop, but he is singing to me again that he has to go.
#18 of 18 Old 02-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Addicted Member

Missy, yeah, all 3 of us are going. This'll be our family summer trip. It'll also be the 4th year in a row that we visit at least one National Park. (2013 was Denali; 2014 was Yellowstone and Grand Teton; 2015 was Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde and Petrified Forest; this year will be Hawaii Volcano). I guess this is our thing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
J worked on me late late late Wednesday at my house. I was super sore all day yesterday
Hubba hubba.

Wow, I had a great run today! 16.2 miles, and I felt really good, especially at the end. I cranked up the speed near the end, and mile 16 was more than 15 seconds faster than any other mile. Typically I'm shuffling near the end of any run more than 12 or 13 miles. I don't know how I still had so much pep late in this run, but I'll take it. Maybe if I can get a few more runs like this in, then Colorado won't be so bad after all. Now I think I need a nap...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page