1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ron

#1 of 22 Old 02-08-2016, 03:10 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
30s 2/8 - 2/14 SB hangover week

Hey folks,

I went up to Seattle for some exec briefings at MS late last week. Got in one run on the campus there. Plane coming back was cancelled after 11:30 pm, and the replacement was at 6:15 am, so we decided to sleep in the airport rather than taking a hotel and all of the travel/security back and forth. Four of us were watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles via my laptop and Amazon Prime at 2 am. It was pretty surreal.

Yesterday I was clearing blackberries with the tractor and a vine reached out and bit me on the thumb joint. A few hours later it started swelling and tightening up. Went to the doc this morning first thing and he put me on AB for 2 weeks. That's like the fourth time in two years. My poor biome. Good news, 122/68 and 50 bpm.

Ran today, felt old, asthmatic fat and slow. But it was gorgeous out, so at least we had that.

Watched the SB on tape delay, then had to go take Tycho to Scouts midway through the second half. I'll watch the rest tonight just for kix.

So, how was your weekend? Super?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 02-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Evening 30's I had a good weekend of working out and time with the family. I watched the Superbowl with a couple of the kids but it seem like I get more disinterested every year. I had a short run today and some weights. I do need to work on eating a little better. My weight seem fine I just think I should stop eating crap.

Duck I hope the thumb heals up quickly.
#3 of 22 Old 02-09-2016, 05:17 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Sorry to hear about the travel woes and thumb woes, Duck.

Super Bowl. Meh. Went to a friends' house for a party, which was fun. But the game was ugly. Whatever.

Like Duck, I've been feeling old, fat and slow. (At least I'm missing the asthmatic part). My left Achilles has been just a little sore for like 3 months now. It's not bad enough to prevent me from running, but it just won't go away. And my lower back has been achy for the last week or so. I've been telling myself for years that I need to do more strength training and core workouts, but I just never do it. Some people here at work are replacing their desks with stand-up desks, and maybe that's what I need to do. I spend most of my day sitting down, and they say that's bad for you. Again, this hasn't been stopping me from running. But it's rather annoying...

Okay, enough whining. I hope everybody enjoys their Tuesday...

#4 of 22 Old 02-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I am going to lift later but not sure about running. I did some leg weights yesterday but I can't tell how tired my legs are. It is really warm here this week. We had the hottest spot in the country yesterday at 92. I hope we are back to cooler temps by the weekend.

Bob I am sure standing more and doing some core work would do wonders for your back.
#5 of 22 Old 02-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
((((duck's thumb)))) you prob felt old from your all nighter at the airport! that sort of stuff will destroy you

ron, me you both with the eating. last night i ate an entire box of girl scout cookies. samoas - they will be the end of me. oh, well. apparently my goal is to gain 60 lbs this pregnancy and i only have 11 weeks more to go so i better get on it.

bob, if i had the option to, i would totally do a stand up desk! even better, do one that has a treadmill running underneath at 1 or 2mph the entire day. that'll help with your marathon training, too

to echo ron, holy weather!! it was 78 here yesterday and 77 today el nino schmel nino! DH and i spent the day at pacifica, a gorgeous beach up here. we hiked in the morning then had lunch and napped on the beach. it couldn't have been a more perfect day.

we hosted a SB party for a bunch of people who could care less about the game itself.. but being of same mind and body, i and my friends simply could not pass up an opportunity to pig out on game day food. i didn't even really know who was playing.. we were at a birthday party earlier in the day and one of the dads asked me and i said, "uhm, the leopards?" to which my DH said, "please stop. right now." i think i embarrassed him. ha.

3.85 miles this morning. we are SLOW but we're getting out there. have a lovely day, all!
#6 of 22 Old 02-09-2016, 05:32 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Nice work, Missy!

I got out for 6 miles after 4 pm today (skipped lunch). It was beautiful out and the run wasn't too bad. I also got up early this morning and walked a mile on the TM before leaving for work. A double!!!
#7 of 22 Old 02-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I will get a good workout in later today. I will probably hit the TM so I don't have to leave the gym so I can lift too. This weekend is a long weekend as all the kids have a 4 day weekend. I need to figure out something for them to do.

missy we may not be getting rain but the mountains are getting snow which is more important!!!

Duck nice job on the 6 miles.
#8 of 22 Old 02-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post

i didn't even really know who was playing.. we were at a birthday party earlier in the day and one of the dads asked me and i said, "uhm, the leopards?" to which my DH said, "please stop. right now."
OK, that is hilarious!!! As a huge Peyton fan, I was very happy with the outcome of the game, even if the game itself was a bit sloppy. WTF was the Papa Johns guy doing on the field at the end? That was bizarre to me.

Ron's talking about a heat wave, and we have the opposite going on here. This morning I ran 3.7 miles in the snow. Other than having it hurt my eyes a little, it was absolutely glorious. Total quiet, very few cars, not yet light out... just me and the falling snow. Bliss!

Duck, hope your thumb heals quickly. Oh, and add me to the old, fat, slow, asthmatic etc club! The scale is just so unkind.
#9 of 22 Old 02-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Ron
Special Member

morning 30's today is probably a run and some leg weights. It is going to begot here through the weekend so that sucks a little. I will have to get out early if I plan on running outside.

The you look fantastic don't worry about the scale.
#10 of 22 Old 02-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
good morning guys.

the marathon OT are this weekend in L.A.! i'm very excited to see who makes the team and wonder if the weather (supposedly 70 at the start b/c NBC insisted it start at 10am) will become a factor. i'm also very curious to see what rupp does on his marathon debut.

4.1 miles this morning on a slightly warmer, more humid day. there was a lot more walking than usual but it still felt good to be out there.

AK has winter break next week so we leave for hawaii on saturday with another family. we'll be staying at the disney resort, aulani which the kids will absolutely love. there's a kid's club that runs from 8am - 9pm. i called them to clarify hours and said, "is it possible to leave my kid there the entire 13 hours?" *** silence on the other end*** "i'm just kidding," i said quickly. "no, she's not!" yelled DH in the background. OMG.
#11 of 22 Old 02-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Been offline a while. My uncle died a week ago (cancer), so had tons of family in town over the weekend, and was just busy. My cousin (who practices Bikram in Virginia) came to class with me Sunday morning, which was fun. (If you saw the pic on fb, she is on my left.) She is only 3 years older than me, but the yoga peeps who met her keep referring to her as my aunt… "You mean my cousin? She's only 3 years older than me." And then I get that "GAAA!!! I forgot you're old!" look.

Heh.

Which brings me to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
Ran today, felt old, asthmatic fat and slow. But it was gorgeous out, so at least we had that.
Snort.

I'm not fat these days (down a few from when I saw you guys in May, and stuff has probably shifted some too from the yoga), but I am feeling old & decrepit. I will not complain about the mild winter, but the temp swings make my entire back ache pretty much all the time, which makes me tired. The bone deep kind, where you just want to sleep for a month straight. Pffththt.

Speaking of, I have 8 classes in so far this month. OH! And funny, I found this cheetah print yoga top, so I could still go Voodoo in class if I want. But the back…. whoa.

Should I get it?

Have a showing Saturday that I'm getting ready for… maybe something will happen this time? pleasepleaseplease

How does NBC get to determine when the trials start?

aaaaaaaand it's 8:52, time for me to take the dogs out for last pee so I CAN BE IN BED BY 9. See? oldOldOLD.
#12 of 22 Old 02-12-2016, 07:24 AM
Special Member

Kath, I can't see the pic but if it's leopard print you should definitely get it. Unless it's like hot pink or purple leopard print, in which case you should run away from it.
#13 of 22 Old 02-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Missy - if it's anything like kids club on the Disney cruise line, you will have to drag AK out of there and she will beg to go back ASAP.

I took a stooooopid fall on Saturday and I'm still gimpy. Going to attempt another workout tomorrow. Trying to build the habit of days I go, even though the quality is not going to be there for awhile.
#14 of 22 Old 02-12-2016, 10:28 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Hope you get un-gimpy soon, Amichel.

Kath, hubba hubba. And good selling vibes!
#15 of 22 Old 02-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I am trying to get myself motivated to run but my legs are sore from weights so I am not so sure how it will go. It is warm out already.

missy yeah it is going to be hot here on Sunday. In Los Angeles the high should be 90 on Sunday. Yikes!!

kath sorry about your Uncle.

theia how are you doing?

amichel I hope you are ok.

Morning Duck!
#16 of 22 Old 02-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Ron
Special Member

I did my core earlier today and I went to the gym and ran with my daughters. It was a lot of fun. I got in a little over 3 which was all I wanted to do on sore legs. My daughter 16 was saving her legs for tomorrows run so she only did 4 in 31 minutes. She was talking through out her run and was't even breathing hard when she got off. Oh to be young.
#17 of 22 Old 02-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I...she only did 4 in 31 minutes….
OMG.

I did yoga tonight after work, and then ran an errand. The boys and I just finished dinner, and it's already time for bed. OY. Short evening. And I'm cold. Need to get the giant heating pad going and crawl into bed. MMMMMMMMM.

(How sad that I'm excited about going to bed at 9:10 on a friday night. OLD!!)
#18 of 22 Old 02-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Special Member

I am quite proud of myself for bundling up and getting out this morning in 17 degrees and 20+ mph winds. 6.5 slow miles done. 8 more tomorrow, when it will be 10 degrees but not as windy. Is it spring yet??

Ron, nice job running on tired legs! Kath, get the top!!

Hi everyone else! Happy weekend to all.
#19 of 22 Old 02-14-2016, 06:57 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Theia, I think that groundhog was bullshi**ing. Winter was supposed to be almost over...

I ran 10 miles yesterday in the cold and wind. Ouch. If I do anything today, it'll be on the TM...
#20 of 22 Old 02-14-2016, 01:23 PM
Ron
Special Member

Happy Sunday 30's I got in a short run yesterday and some good weights. I am feeling pretty good about the weights lately as I have been running slightly more. I feel like I have lost a couple of pounds but I haven't gotten on the scale. I would like to stay the same weight and just get leaner but that has been harder to do the older I get. I lifted today and ran for 61 minutes.

My daughter came home from practice yesterday and she said her head coach wasn't there because he was watching his running friend run at the Olympic trials. She didn't know who he was but his name was Meb. haha

Kath I need to do some yoga soon. I really like it but at times it messes with my back.

Theia you are much braver than me. I ran inside today but it s suppose to get close to 90.

missy Aloha!!!
theia likes this.
#21 of 22 Old 02-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Special Member

Bob, right??? 6.5 yesterday and 8 today. 8 miles and degrees, that is! Real feel was -7.

Ron, funny story.
#22 of 22 Old 02-14-2016, 02:58 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
...She didn't know who he was but his name was Meb. haha

Kath I need to do some yoga soon. I really like it but at times it messes with my back.
1) HAHAHA!!!

Ex sent me a text yesterday to let me know the trials were on tv. He was actually watching them, and wanted to make sure I knew they were on. The crazy part of all that was that HE was watching, and recognized that the paces they were maintaining were really impressive.

2) I am obnoxious about my form when I do the poses, so I don't jack up my back more. And there are a couple poses I modify a bit too.

Today makes 6 days of classes in a row. And 8.5 hours in the class room this week. I'll be taking tomorrow off.

Oh, and I actually slept 10 hours last night. Had to get up once to pee, but fell right back asleep. Obviously I needed it, but that kind of sleep is RARE for me. YEEHAW!

Shoot, I need to call my dad. It's his birthday today. 84!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page