30s 1/25 - 1/31 Last week of January - KickRunners.com

#1 of 16 Old 01-26-2016, 10:01 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
30s 1/25 - 1/31 Last week of January

Hey, where is everyone? Tuesday afternoon and no thread yet for this week?

I didn't run over the weekend, but I did shovel a lot of snow. We got about two feet, and I don't have a snowblower, so I got my exercise. I ran about 3 miles on the TM yesterday, and might do that again today.

Fort hose who haven't seen it, I wrote up a Race Report from Houston. I can't add links here, so you'll have to find it on the main 30s page...

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and a good start to the week so far...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 01-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Afternoon 30's I am not sure if I will workout today but we shall see. It has been warmer here this week and not much rain.

Bob it sure is quiet and shoveling snow counts are working out.
#3 of 16 Old 01-26-2016, 04:54 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
530 yoga this morning. SUPAH hot. Long day at work. I'm beat. My goal for tonight is to stay up till 9 to take the boys out for their last pee. ha.

#4 of 16 Old 01-27-2016, 05:07 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
6.11 miles this morning with bella on a beautiful morning. its a bit surreal that its the end of january and the temp is in the mid to high 60s.. i was wearing short sleeves and shorts! also, yesterday DH and i went to the beach. amazing.
#5 of 16 Old 01-27-2016, 05:43 PM
Addicted Member

Missy is in shorts and I am freezing my tuckus off at work because they won't fix the heat. Grrr.

60 min yoga class this morning. I have a bit of a pulled muscle inside of my right thigh (too low to be a groin pull), so it makes some of the poses challenging. Then at work I walked about 4 miles. Yes, supposedly I have a desk job. 6 trips out to production and back to my desk = 1 mile, so me getting that much mileage is an indication of how well my day went. Lots of issues to sort out today.

After work I walked the boys a couple miles. Completely wiped out. Going to bed early 1) because I'm exhausted, and 2) so I can get up for 530 yoga. That 420 wake up is just brutal.
#6 of 16 Old 01-28-2016, 12:37 PM
Ron
Special Member

Afternoon 30's I had an easy 4.27 this morning and I will go lift later. It has been warm out and not enough rain but the mountains have been getting a lot of snow and that is what's important.

Nice run missy sounds like everything is going well for you!!

Great job on the yoga Kath!!!
#7 of 16 Old 01-28-2016, 01:14 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Hi all,

I've been coaching or running on the TM for about 5 miles each session this week. I really miss having our staff locker room here at work!

Last weekend was camping in the snow with the scouts. It was cold and wet, so I slept in the truck to keep dry while the kids suffered in their tents.

It's very nice here right now. Wish I could go run!
#8 of 16 Old 01-28-2016, 03:43 PM
Special Member

so. i earned myself a trip to the hospital today. i had a hard fall coming back from dropping AK off at school so had to go in for prolonged monitoring, bloodwork, and an ultrasound. thankfully, everything checked out fine and the baby is doing great.

i'm mostly embarrassed about how i fell. AK always rides her scooter to school and i usually walk it back home after. on a blue moon, i ride it back but mostly don't b/c i feel stupid doing so. but today i did. as i was entering the driveway to our community, i was on a bit of a slant, lost control, hit the curb, and went flying. i landed on my side/flank and caught myself with my hands/knees but it was still a bit intense.

now that the initial scary part of it is over, i am relieved but feel moronic. who DOES that?!??
#9 of 16 Old 01-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Missy -Glad you're ok. Does your neighborhood have security? The video might go viral

Everything is going ok here - slowly settling in to normal activity again. Hoping to start adding a bit more fitness type stuff next week
#10 of 16 Old 01-28-2016, 09:08 PM
Ron
Special Member

Glad you are ok missy. My guess is that was your last scooter ride?

amicable that is exciting you can get back to it so soon.
#11 of 16 Old 01-29-2016, 03:22 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Wow, Missy, so glad you and the beebee are ok.

Today was the return of the staff locker room. Kind of. The new iteration is TINY. Basically a sink, a shower, a bench, 4 over 4 stacked lockers and an open toilet in the corner. It is a fine space for a single person, but it would be uncomfortable for 2 or more to be in there at a time. And there is a lock on the entry door, so if someone is using the toilet, they can lock all other users out... in a hallway, with no seating.... shared with the gymnastic team. Oh, and we can't keep stuff in there, so I have to pack all of my stuff in and out every time I use it.

So, don't mind this old dude hanging outside the girls locker room in dolphin shorts looking all sweaty and grimy, it's just that all my stuff is in there and someone's locking me out while they use the toilet! We had it sooooo good in the prior iteration.

But I did get 5 rainy miles with only occasional hail.
#12 of 16 Old 01-30-2016, 12:28 PM
Special Member

no fitnessing for me. i'm pretty beat up and sore from my fall (basically my entire right side is bruised and i tweaked my back, too) so i'll take it easy for another day or two. i'm such a nerd - one of my first thoughts when i realized i wouldn't be active for a little bit was, "whew! thank goodness i got in a longer run before all the shenanigans happened!"

a busy weekend otherwise is ahead. i'll try to get in a gentle walk this afternoon b/c the weather is gorgeous and bell bell needs it!
#13 of 16 Old 01-30-2016, 07:08 PM
Ron
Special Member

Happy weekend 30's I got in some weights this morning before soccer.

missy I am sorry you got so beat up. You must have fallen hard. I am glad you and the baby are ok.
#14 of 16 Old 01-31-2016, 07:04 AM
Addicted Member

Jeez Missy, really glad you and the bebe are ok.

Melting hot yoga classes Friday evening and yesterday afternoon. I know the teacher couple (husband and wife, former owners of the studio, both teach) like it hot, but holy shit… when a quarter of the class tries to leave the room, and another third (all regulars) are sitting out a good chunk of the poses, it might be a good indication that the room is too freaking hot!!! I looked at the thermometer when I left the room last night, after a 5 minute final savasana, and even with the heat turned off and the exhaust fans on for 5 minutes, the room was still at 108. (It's supposed to be 105 during class, and once they turn off the heat and exhaust fans on it cools off quickly. Usually in the low 90s by the time I walk out.) My guess is it was 115 or more during class. UNREAL. I had a headache when I left class, obviously from dehydration.

I'm glad I asked who was teaching this morning, because it's Kelly again. After Robert's melting class Friday and Kelly's last night… I am waiting until this afternoon and a different teacher. Plus I need more time to hydrate.

In happier news, I've actually slept for 3 nights in a row. A bit of a record for me lately.
#15 of 16 Old 01-31-2016, 04:40 PM
Addicted Member

WOOHOO!!! Had my favorite teacher (Tim) for class. Warm enough to work hard and push, but not melting. MMMMmmmmm.
#16 of 16 Old 01-31-2016, 04:48 PM
Special Member

woooooooooooot for sleep and tim!!!!!!

2.06 miles this afternoon. turns out i can't stay away.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page