Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

30s MLKJr week

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  katholeenie 
#1 ·
I guess everyone is enjoying the 3 day weekend?

Congrats on state 33 Bob!

#2 ·
Thanks. Yeah, I guess everyone was enjoying a long weekend...

Well, I made it back to NJ in one piece. My legs are rather sore, but I suppose that's to be expected. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The Houston Marathon put up a video of the finish line (for 4.5 hours!). You can see me crossing the finish line (taking BobCam shots of myself) at about the 4:50:50 mark on the clock (4:32:06 chip time). The link below should have it timed up just about right. Eventually I'll write up the dreaded Race Report and include a bunch of the pics that I took along the way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZfkD7DTavE&t=3h50m11s

#3 ·
Morning 30's I was enjoying the long weekend. I got in some good workouts and trying some different stuff and bringing back some old favorites. I am trying to do some light weights for my legs and I did some rowing. If I didn't work I would want to be the best conditioned man on the face of the planet but instead I will just fall in someplace between first and last.

amichel I hope you are feeling well.

Bob good job on marathon 33!!!

#5 ·
Where is everybody this week? Is it spring break already?

I've been a slouch the last few days, but I feel I earned that. It only 13.5 weeks (ack!) until the next marathon, so I can't take too much time off. And I'm telling myself that I'm actually gonna get out there and do some real training this time. I notice that I did more mileage this past week (the one that includes the marathon) than in any training week leading up to it. That's probably not recommended. We'll see how much I really do get my butt in gear...

#6 ·
Congrats, Bob! I think it's amazing that you've been able to do these on such low mileage.

I've been doing some treadmill running, but not much in the way of road miles. My weight is around 172, so I've reached peak winter plumpness and it's time to start heading in the other direction.

Coaching has been going well. My girls won the first game on Saturday 26-12 and the second game 27-4. We were beat soundly the previous week, so I made some changes and it seemed to have worked out well. There are 13 girls on the team, so we run wave after wave of kids at the other teams and try to tire them out! :D

#10 ·
I'll mimic Kath... Yay for benign!

Congrats, Bob! I think it's amazing that you've been able to do these on such low mileage.
Heh yeah. Maybe I should write a book titled "How To Run 50 Marathons Without Really Trying".

Ron, the Gators do look to be in good shape this year, from what little I've read about it so far. I didn't see a pre-season ranking yet, so I didn't know they were #1. That's cool...

I've started working on the Race Report from Houston. I'll get that posted sooner or later. Also, I've started re-working all my old Race Reports to get them into one tidy location. Most of them probably won't be too interesting to you guys, but some of them were old meet-ups that might be interesting to reminisce about. I'll keep y'all posted on that...

I haven't run since the marathon, but I think I'll attempt a few miles tonight. Time to get back into the swing of things...

#8 ·
YAY for benign!

DIdn't I post this week? Maybe I posted in last week's thread and didn't notice. Huh.

I made it to yoga this morning, just a 60 minute class. I asked the teacher if she'd write me a note saying I need to attend 3 more classes before I'm fit to be around people. Ha. I have a haircut tonight or I would have tried to hit another class. As it is I'll try to get to the 530am class tomorrow.

#9 ·
Morning 30's I got home late from work and my motivation to workout went out the window and my motivation to eat picked up stream. Tonight I will do something while my son is at soccer.

amichel that is great news!!!!!

Bob the Gators are preseason #1 in baseball can they get it done this year?

Duck good on the basketball wins!

Nice job on the yoga Kath.

#11 ·
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATH!!!!!!!!!!!

and congrats to boB on #33!!

so glad its benign, amichel.

nice job to your girls, duck! it sounds like they beat the other teams soundly this week - woot!

we returned from cabos around 1am wed. DH and i had a blast and it was warm and sunny and we just slept and ate and slept and ate some more :cool:

my motivation to workout went out the window and my motivation to eat picked up stream
yeah, that would be me most days. i'm trying to get off the couch to go out for a few miles but i'm feeling lazy and theres also a bunch of stuff around the house i need to get done. of course B is at my feet, staring intensely into my eyes so i'll have to get up sooner or later....

#12 ·
Happy Birthday Katholeenie! :) That FB picture was my first view of you with long hair!

I think our baseball team is #14. I don't know how accurate those things are, but CS Fullerton is at 12. I'll try to pay attention, but I'm kind of more interested in our #2 ranked softball team, also behind the #1 Gators, and just ahead of 30s hot spots Alabama at 3 and FSU at 5.

I ran 4.5 on the tm last night. I'm watching the Walking Dead spinoff show while I wait for the season to resume.

#17 ·
Happy Birthday Katholeenie! :) That FB picture was my first view of you with long hair!
Oh God, and it's a horrible one. Kelly was my roommate for 3 years in college, and somehow all the pics of us she had readily available were horrible drunk pics. Nevermind that we have 25 years worth of pictures together. :roll_eyes:

I'll have to find another.

Kris How many miles do each of you have to walk to hit the 2016?

boB Jeez, 33? You'll be done before you know it! It's really impressive.

Missy 2.2's better than nuthin! Plus you have a rider bouncing on that bladder. ;)

Thanks for the Bday wishes! I celebrated with my family over the weekend, and am going to the symphony Saturday, and am going out with my friend Erin next week. (Our Bdays are 3 weeks apart so we'll celebrate both.) Tonight I'm just cooking a steak and roasting veggies for dinner and veg-ing. Tired. But then I've been at it since 4:20, cause I got up to go to yoga this morning. :)

#14 ·
Amy- good news on the benign test results. Hope your incision and insides are healing well.

Kath- Happy Birthday!

Bob- I went to grad school in Houston, wonder how much of your route I will recognize when you post your photos.

The beginning of the semester is always busy here but I'm at least trying to get in some extra walking, if just around the Oval (big grassy area on campus near my office) during lunch. My niece is getting married in May, and one of my sisters got all of us going on a challenge to walk 2016 miles as a group by the time of her wedding. Sis created a private FB group for it, I crafted a spreadsheet in Google Docs that is linked there where we can update our mileage on a weekly basis. It's been a little motivation to get extra miles but we still need to get around to joining the gym and that will help too now that winter decided to arrive.

#18 ·
Morning 30's I got in a workout last night while my youngest was at soccer practice tonight I am just hoping to run.

Duck let college baseball begin. Fullerton had a good softball team when I was in college but not any more.

missy it is impressive that you continue to run. Will the baby be able to count these miles in their first running log?

bard that sounds like a lot of walking and a nice goal.

Morning Bob getting ready for #34?

#20 ·
Morning Bob getting ready for #34?

Just about. I did 3 miles yesterday on the TM for my first run since Houston. I'll probably grab a few more miles tonight. Looks like I'll be snowed in tomorrow, so maybe I'll run on the TM again to kill some time.

It's 13 weeks until #34. It'll be the smallest marathon I've ever done: capped at 40 entrants; plus 40 for the HM (both of which are full); then up to 40 more for a 50k, which is not even half full yet. I think I've mentioned this before. The race is just outside of Denver on Apr 23, and does a 1.31 mile loop around a lake. So the marathon is 20 loops. Should be interesting. Plus, the RD is a 50 Stater, so he knows how to handle us weirdos. For whatever reason, I can't insert a link, so here's the url: http://runswithscissorsraces.weebly.com/

After that, it'll be 9 more weeks until #35 in Hawaii. My goal is still to finish all 50 before I turn 50, which will be in May 2021. So that gives me about 5 years to finish the last 15. My Master's Degree in Engineering allows me to quickly calculate that that means an average of 3 per year. (I knew that degree would eventually come in handy!) I think I can handle that, as long as I stay healthy (knock on wood)...

#19 ·
Kath- I think it was somewhere between 10-12. A few of us have a fitbit, so we just use those stats which includes our normal every day walking, not just extra walking. Even with my fairly sedentary job, I hit that at least.

#21 ·
Kris 10-12 miles a week?

Was too stiff this morning to do the 9am class, but I did make it to 4pm yoga. Which helped a bit, but once I got back out in the cold…. sigh.

Anyway, J was at class and is going to work on me 6am tomorrow. So I'm going to take a handful* of tylanol and hope to get some sleep tonight.

*expression. Although I probably will have to take several doses throughout the night.

So. I better take the boys out for last pee and get up to bed. I have moved Oskar's bed so he can't roll under my bed any more. Well, he could but he would have to be specifically trying to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.