30's 1/11-1/17 run run until your fingers go numb weather - KickRunners.com

#1 of 21 Old 01-11-2016, 07:25 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
30's 1/11-1/17 run run until your fingers go numb weather

Morning 30's it was a pretty busy weekend with the kids schedule. 3 soccer games, stating a wrestling match, baseball and just stuff. I got in some good workouts and I need to keep it up last year my running wasn't the greatest.

missy I kind of don't eat red meat for health reasons. Mostly it just makes me feel heavy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 01-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Ron, I can't figure out what you mean by "stating a wrestling match". At first, I thought maybe you meant "starting", but that really doesn't make sense either since it would probably be kind of awkward to just start wrestling somebody at our age...

I ran 10 miles on Saturday, which is probably good enough for one week before a marathon. I also forced myself to run 2 miles on the TM yesterday, just to keep my streak going of having logged a run every day so far this year.

The forecast for next weekend in Houston looks fine (mostly sunny, high in the upper 50s). So once again, the only excuse I'll have for a slow time is my own pitiful preparation...
#3 of 21 Old 01-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post
it would probably be kind of awkward to just start wrestling somebody at our age...
this gave me a little chuckle. hehe.

DH had today off so we went hiking in the town next door, 3.2 miles with about 500 ft elevation gain. it was just enough to get the heartbeat going at a healthy tick. i'm easily out of breath these days with stairs and elevation that i was def huffing and puffing - felt great! of course the chicken shawarma i devoured afterwards prob negated any benefits gained

hope amichel continues to be on the mend!

#4 of 21 Old 01-12-2016, 07:17 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I had a short speed workout for me last night and tonight as my son has soccer practice. They won a tournament this past weekend so they play again this coming weekend. I guess it is good right?

Bob that was funny. My daughter keeps stats for the wrestling team. They keep track of how each wrestler scores.

missy it is great how active you are keeping yourself and a fun way to spend the day with your DH.

((((amichel))))
#5 of 21 Old 01-12-2016, 07:20 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
No real news here. Typical post surgery issues with skin(reaction to adhesives), digestion and sleep. Overall feeling ok. Stitches come out on Thursday.
#6 of 21 Old 01-12-2016, 08:34 AM
Addicted Member

Continued get well vibes to Amichel...

Ohhhh , Ron, now I get it. I thought "stating" was the gerund form of the verb "state" (as in "speak"). And I didn't know how somebody would "state" a wrestling match. I thought maybe you were doing a play-by-play broadcast on TV or something and that this was just the California way to describe it. Or that it was a typo for the verb "start", as in you just walked up to somebody on the street and started wrestling with them. I didn't realize you were using "stat" as a verb... Hah.

I did 5 miles on the TM yesterday. The weather has actually been quite decent here over the last month or so, but I've still been doing a lot of runs indoors. I'm really turning into a wuss in my old age. If I'm getting scared off by 40 degree temps, what would I be doing if this were a cold and snowy winter? Umm, well, apparently I'd be doing exactly the same thing. Stupid question, I guess...
#7 of 21 Old 01-12-2016, 10:18 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
wow, thats really impressive katho!
That I didn't cuss out my ex in-laws? or the 5 classes?

I'm making Shish Tawook for dinner! Well, I'm doing the prep, it will actually be for dinner tomorrow. Tonight I'm making French chicken in vinegar sauce. And roasting carrots or something. Mmmm

HA! I was looking at the thread this morning and couldn't figure out where my post was… guess you have to hit submit. So the above is from last night.

I woke up just before 2am today, and couldn't fall back asleep cause I was just too uncomfortable. So I went to yoga this morning, and crapped out again in the last third of class. Sign. Back and gut were just too much. So… I'm trying to stay awake through the work day. Once I get home I'm crashing.
#8 of 21 Old 01-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Food talk make me hungry.

I got in 4.5 miles on the TM last night.
#9 of 21 Old 01-13-2016, 06:40 AM
Addicted Member

I must really be stupid. I run less and less each year, so I suffer in long distances. Yet I just signed up for another friggin' marathon. So in addition to Houston this weekend and Kona on June 26, now I'll also be running just outside of Denver on Apr 23. So that'll be three marathons in five months for somebody who isn't well trained. Like I said: stupid.
#10 of 21 Old 01-13-2016, 06:48 AM
Special Member

Bob - just sign up for a fall ultra and all of these marathons will be training runs for it
#11 of 21 Old 01-13-2016, 07:29 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's last night I got in a good weight workout. Tonight I think I can run and lift I just need to make it through the day with some energy. This weekend we have Friday off and Monday is a holiday so an awesome 4 day weekend coming up.

amichel glad things are going well.

Bob just use one of your marathons as a training run to help with a time at another marathon.

Kath believe me I know it sucks to not sleep well, but you are still getting in your workouts. Good job!!

Duck anything makes me hungry these days.
#12 of 21 Old 01-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
katho, what time should i be over for dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post
Bob - just sign up for a fall ultra and all of these marathons will be training runs for it
i like her thinking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Duck anything makes me hungry these days.
i'm pretty sure i can beat you on this sentiment. my appetite has been insatiable and i'm eating all the time. it started out with second breakfast but now we're on to second lunch (i just finished second lunch: a slice of pizza, salad, and chips) so its 5 full meals daily plus snacks. in between. booya. beat that, ron.

2.2 miles this morning. i felt sluggish but bumbled my way through it.

we're headed to cabo for the long weekend (fri-tues) to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary combo babymoon. AK will be dropped off in L.A. with my parents so i'm reaaaaaaaaaaaally looking forward to that. bring on the food!!!!!!!!
#13 of 21 Old 01-14-2016, 07:15 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I got in a easy run last night and tonight I will just lift and tomorrow I want to run outside since I have the day off. The weather should be perfect. I can't wait for the weekend to start!!!

missy you do have me beat. Actually I have been hungry probably because I haven't been eating that much. This weekend I think that will change.
#14 of 21 Old 01-14-2016, 08:08 AM
Addicted Member

You guys want me to do an ultra? Are you trying to kill me?? For the record, I did NOT win the Powerball, and none of you guys are in my will anyway, so killing me off won't do you any good...

Missy, you talked about food then mentioned 'cabo'. So naturally I read that as 'carbo', since that's what I typically focus on...
#15 of 21 Old 01-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Special Member

Bob - I wasn't trying to off you...just a little perspective is all.

Suture removal complete. The nurse said one of them must have been wrapped around a bone in my food. Hilarious. I think I will need a nap again this afternoon. Trying to move on from tv and Hemmingway on to some of the organization projects I never make time for, but it's going to require tough love. So much purging that is over due!
#16 of 21 Old 01-14-2016, 10:42 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Continued healing vibes, Amichel!

I ran about 2.5 on the mill last night before basketball practice. I've also been doing some dumbbell exercises. Maybe I'll get ambitious and add in some pushups and other body weight stuff.

Have fun, Missy!
#17 of 21 Old 01-14-2016, 07:05 PM
Addicted Member

A nap sounds delicious Amy.

Although J just worked on my back, and gave me a big heating pad* to put on my bed, so I'm hoping to sleep well tonight.

*I really want to get a heated mattress pad, just haven't tracked one down yet. MMMMM…. preheated bed.

Made it to 530am yoga today, and FINALLY made it through a whole class. Wasn't sure how it was going to go, cause I was in a huge world of hurt, but I made it and it was actually a great class. WOOHOO!!!
#18 of 21 Old 01-15-2016, 07:13 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
A nap sounds delicious Amy.

Although J just worked on my back, and gave me a big heating pad* to put on my bed, so I'm hoping to sleep well tonight.

*I really want to get a heated mattress pad, just haven't tracked one down yet. MMMMM…. preheated bed.

Made it to 530am yoga today, and FINALLY made it through a whole class. Wasn't sure how it was going to go, cause I was in a huge world of hurt, but I made it and it was actually a great class. WOOHOO!!!
A heated mattress pad sounds like a sleeping nightmare to me (I have to get into a cold bed or I never sleep) but there are tons of them on Amazon!

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
#19 of 21 Old 01-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Addicted Member

Howdy from Houston. Well, I survived the marathon this morning. I even managed to avoid a PW. I beat my Kalamazoo time by 5 minutes. Even though that's now my second-slowest time, I'll take it. My training sucked for this race. Heck, it's sucked for 2 years or so now. So really I'm just happy that I finished it. One of these days, I should start to train for reals again... Now it's time for beer and greasy food...
#20 of 21 Old 01-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Addicted Member

Nice work Bob!

I'm beat. Probably just tired from the weekend. It was great, but wore me out.

Um…Did yoga Sat morning and Sun afternoon, and plan to hit the 530am class tomorrow. Going to be brutally cold, which makes me LOVE the warm room that much more, but man, going to work (and being cold all day even in a bazillion layers because the heat doesn't work in our section) after is horrid. Thursday last week I asked the teacher if she could call my supervisor and say it was necessary for me to stay in the warm room. heh.

Ok, time to put on PJs and snuggle the pups. Darnit, looks like O is FINALLY ready to poop. I swear that boy won't go in this cold. Looks like I'm taking him out before I change.
#21 of 21 Old 01-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Addicted Member

Yeah….. I didn't make it to yoga this morning. woke up a little before 3, couldn't fall back asleep, so when my alarm went off at 4:20 I thought about how I was falling asleep at my desk yesterday, and decided rest would be a better idea.

The studio added a 60 min at 6am on Wednesdays though, so I'm going to hit that tomorrow. Which means I need to get the dogs out for last pee and go to bed right about now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page