30s do the first week of November (already?) - KickRunners.com

#1 of 24 Old 11-02-2015, 06:55 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
30s do the first week of November (already?)

Hello hello and rabbit rabbit (a day late, although I did say it first thing yesterday morning). Hope everyone had a good Halloween. I came very close to running out of candy. When I had only 4 Twix left, I turned off the light. The later groups were the big ones, so I didn't want to have too little candy for a group of 5 or more trick-or-treaters. Interestingly, I bought Double Bubble this year as a last minute add-on, and it was a HUGE hit. Probably 90% of the kids who came to our house were like, "GUM! They have GUM!!!" Who knew?

Big weekend of workouts for me. Saturday I taught my first Spinning class in 10 months, an endurance class of 90 minutes. Afterward, I hopped on the treadmill for 2 tempo miles. Sunday I ran 9 miles for the first time since October 4, 2014! I had been stuck on 8 for my long run forEVAH. I don't know if it was the extra mile or the Saturday/Sunday combo, but my hip flexors were completely fried last night. This morning my boot camp class was a killer. Speaking of fried muscles and joints! Oof.

Duck, congrats to your friend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 11-02-2015, 07:27 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's it was a nice weekend but really busy. Saturday we were running around all day but it was a lot of fun. Yesterday was more of the same. I did get some good work outs in. I even ran a mile with my 12 yo. Little does he know he is running XC too. Tonight I should be able to get a work out in too.

Theia your weekend sounded busy too. I love the feeling of being sore on Monday from my weekend workouts.
#3 of 24 Old 11-02-2015, 08:50 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5
Theia, at what time of the day do you run on trails? I like trails but I leave my house around 715 most days and it's way to dark to run at 6 (not that I like running that early anyway.)

I didn't run/slog this weekend at all. However, I picked up our farm share groups first winter shares this weekend, all 9 of them. Which meant packing each bag with 40-50Lbs of veggies, and then hauling them to my car, and unloading them from it to my friends' garage. That took 90 mins so, I'm calling it strength training.

Congrats to your friend, Duck!

Any Halloween pix? Adam and I went as Frankenstein's monster and the Bride.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....

#4 of 24 Old 11-02-2015, 10:31 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Moe, that definitely counts as a workout! I do most of my workouts at 6 a.m. Right now, it's too dark to do trails solo in the mornings, although tomorrow I'm meeting a friend to take advantage of this newfound early light! Last week when I ran the new trail I started out at 5:10 p.m. and carried a flashlight, but I got back to the Y at 6 so still had a bit of daylight. This week, that's no longer an option. On weekends, I start out between 8 and 9 a.m., so I have plenty of light for trails.

So I'm trying to decide if I want to do something big and ambitious in the spring. I should go for it, right?
#5 of 24 Old 11-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Ron
Special Member

theia go for it!!!
#6 of 24 Old 11-03-2015, 07:39 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's tonight I will workout and I have to take the day off tomorrow so I should be in great shape by Thursday. This Friday is our last Friday off (except Thanksgiving week) for the year so I will have to make the best of it. Not sure what I will do yet. Today is the league finals for XC but I have to miss it. I will go to the CIF prelims (playoffs) next week which I am excited about.

Rock on 30's!!!
#7 of 24 Old 11-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Hiya, everyone.

Whatever your ambitious Spring plans are, Theia, go for it!

Congrats to your friend on Sunday, Duck. I watched a bit of the race, and I remember seeing him with the lead pack for a while.

I made it thru 13 miles this weekend. So hey, I can at least do half of a marathon! Now I have a little more than 10 weeks to get myself back in shape to do the second half as well...
#8 of 24 Old 11-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Nice work, Bob.

Great article you posted on FB, Moe. I remember you going through all of that vividly.

I ran a couple of miles yesterday and got rained out, then did strides on the stadium turf. Today I ran 4 or so more.
#9 of 24 Old 11-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
theia, is it ever a question?!?? of course!! super curious now.. spill the deets when you're ready so we can support you and cheer you on!

you can do it, boB!!

duck, thats so cool that you know an elite runner.

ron, how did DD do?

2 miles this morning on a beautiful morning. it is finally starting to feel like fall here.. it was 49 and i was so tickled to be running in cooler weather.
#10 of 24 Old 11-04-2015, 03:37 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Just a quick hello Facebook hit me with some Voo memories first thing this morning. So, I reckon we should all have a great day in his honor!
#11 of 24 Old 11-04-2015, 04:49 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 27
Amichel, me too, that video Tim made gets me crying every year. It also makes me remember what an amazing time of my life that was when we were all together, on here or at races, and how much I miss it.

I've been slacking the last two weeks. Mostly due to finding time between traveling and commuting, etc. I realize I am going to have to get out the headlamp and run .75 mile loops in my neighborhood on a regular basis to get at least 3 miles in to stay consistent as daylight isn't an option most of the time. Wish I hadn't given my treadmill to my cousin last year

Theia - do it! I keep seeing emails for past events I've done and part of me so wants to commit to something as a motivator but when I've done that in the past few years it never pans out. For not I won't be doing any races but someday I hope too again. I'll come cheer you on!
#12 of 24 Old 11-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Special Member

I'm the same way. I keep thinking about getting in Marathon #10, but I really don't want to run another unless I'm really fit. I'll give it more thought after my upcoming half.

Tim's video is like a time machine.
#13 of 24 Old 11-04-2015, 01:20 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

We need a meet-up.
#14 of 24 Old 11-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theia View Post
We need a meet-up.
GLASS CITY!

I'm trying to get back into training mode, even though I'm just walking. Oskar's attack really threw off our schedule, but even before that life kept getting in the way. I'm trying to make mileage more of a priority.

That said, this weather is KILLING me. 40° temp swings in one day for several days in a row is just way too much for my arthritis. I haven't been sleeping much because my pelvis is just throbbing. And not in a good way. ha. (have arthritis in my sacrum.) Can't get comfortable no matter how I lay. Stupid joints.

Anyway, J worked on me this morning & stretched me out, so I'm hoping to sleep well tonight. Should help that the boys and I (little guy is visiting) walked 3-1/4 tonight.

Yesterday I hit the 530am yoga class and we walked a few miles after work. Hoping to get to early yoga again tomorrow, and a walk in in the evening. And hopefully get worked on again.

OY. decrepit.

Maureen, where are YOUR halloween pics?

GO BOB!
#15 of 24 Old 11-05-2015, 05:53 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Kath, hope your aching body feels better soon!

Well, I kind of outed myself on FB yesterday as far as my potential big spring plan... I am seriously considering a marathon, and Glass City might be the one.
#16 of 24 Old 11-05-2015, 07:54 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's tonight I will lift while my son is at soccer practice. It has really cooled down here and it feel awesome. I hoping to get out for a good run tomorrow morning.

Bob 10 weeks is plenty of time for you.

How does a Duck get rained out?

missy they the team did about as expected in a tough league but my daughter didn't have a good race. There is always next race.

Hi Amichel!!!

Hi SR!!!

Theia I have never met any of you. Did I ever tell you all how close I came to meeting some of you. It was when many of you met up at Eugene. I ran Eugene that same year and I had talked to some of you on KR. You all met at a restaurant I think before the race. I went to the restaurant but I didn't know what any of you looked like so my future wife and I just ate and left.

Kath glad to see you are still enjoying yoga.
#17 of 24 Old 11-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Special Member

Ron, was that at Ambrosia (Italian food)? There was a big group of Boomers (with a couple of 30s thrown in) one year that met there for one Eugene Marathon.

I got out for 6.2 miles yesterday. I've also been hitting the pull up bar in our room more often. Now I need to add some other body weight strength work.

Hope you get some relief, Kath!
#18 of 24 Old 11-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Ron
Special Member

Yes I think that was it. There were to floors as I remember. We just ate at the bar. I think 2008?
#19 of 24 Old 11-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Special Member

RIP, voo.

theia, DO IT!!!!!!!

how'd you sleep, katho? is O doing better?

saucon, you can do it! are you no longer doing the NYC commute?

duck, which half are you doing?

ron, enjoy the cooler weather!! i know i'm loving it.

2 mile or so walk with my mom friend. we're going to do lunch tomorrow - pho. i LOVE pho. i could eat it every day.

oh, our almost brand new dishwasher is not draining so i'm pissed. i have to trouble shoot and look at some sort of solution b/c i can't handle not having a dishwasher

good days, all!
#20 of 24 Old 11-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Hi gang, remember me Like many of you, our buddy Voo was on my mind yesterday. Cant help but miss him. Then I saw Kaths post on FB about Glass City. The meetups I did with all of you over the years were some really great times. Would be great to get another one together. Been 6 years since the last one I was at. While Im not running anymore ( primarily bikng and playing hockey ) I certainly could walk a half mary. Hopefully something will come about.
#21 of 24 Old 11-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
how'd you sleep, katho? is O doing better?
I slept till 3am, then…. not so much. Even the Little Guy's grunty snoring couldn't put me back out & I got up at 420 to go to yoga. Looks like temps are going to level out to more normal #s next week, so hopefully it will be better.

Oskar is doing well. The wounds are all closed up and the shaved bits are starting to fill in. I'm hoping he is hairy enough that the bald spots (where fur won't grow because of the scars) aren't too obvious.

Funny spot today - I've got the Little Guy again for a few days. I was home at lunch, just about to leave to go back to work, when I heard a ruckus out in the living room. I walk out to see what's going on & the rug is all shoved/accordianed up against the wall, the couch pillows are all over the place, and Oskar is play bowing at the Little Guy (who is about as big as Oskar's head and neck). And the Little Guy is dancing around in front of him. They both looked over at me like, "What? We're not doing anything."

And then the little guy bolts up on the couch and starts squirming around on his back & kicking his feet up in the air while Oskar sniffs at him and wags his tail. I have a pic, but it's too much effort right now to post it.

We all walked a few miles tonight. Oskar is sleeping on my feet and Little Guy is snuggling my thigh.
#22 of 24 Old 11-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Special Member

hi frankie!!!!!!

awww. i'm so glad that O is having such a great time with the little guy and re-learning that not all dogs are mean and vicious!

3.67 miles this morning with B who was very prance-y and chomping at the bit to go. that girl has limitless energy...
#23 of 24 Old 11-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Special Member

Gorgeous day here for a run. 8.5ish miles along the river.

I want to leave work now. Maybe I will!
#24 of 24 Old 11-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
I ran for 15 minutes today. Didn't need walk breaks and didn't die. Ha. we will see what this anomaly does to my running mojo. Hopefully it's a welcome boost!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page