30's Oct 26 - Nov 1 Time to do the Monster Mash - Page 2 - KickRunners.com
 3Likes

#26 of 34 Old 10-29-2015, 12:54 PM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post
Moe, I don't think I've ever seen the word "youey" written down before. I've only heard it in conversation. I assumed it would be spelled "u-ey", or something like that since it's derived from "u-turn". Is "youey" really an accepted spelling? Or did you just sound it out yourself just now? These are the kind of things I think about...

boB
I've seen it written both ways, but honestly I didn't really think about it when i spelled it.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 34 Old 10-29-2015, 03:44 PM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Tim 2 of my kids had feveral siezures when they were little. One had 2 of them so I kind of know where you are coming from. I knew they would be ok but while you are going through it you feel helpless. One time I was holding my son when he had one and it is an experience I never want to go through again.

Since you are talking about vacations. We are headed up to Lake Joseph in Oregon this Summer.

Hi missy I like running on the TM as I fall down less.
Timr1 and theia like this.
#28 of 34 Old 10-30-2015, 06:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20
Thanks everyone! Vacation talk is fun too.

QOTD - What's everyone's holiday/New Year's plans?

boB - I'm sure we can get this worked out for her. I think it's just a perfect storm of circumstances and that she'll just have to be more diligent managing it. So, I was just looking up pictures to see how she looked when you were here for the marathon. Here's some of those:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1053.jpg (508.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Lindsay_av.JPG (12.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1059.jpg (382.6 KB, 4 views)

#29 of 34 Old 10-30-2015, 08:16 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's I got in a quick workout in last night but tonight will be busy so I probably won't get anything in. Such is life these days.

Tim we are probably staying in town but it will be busy.
#30 of 34 Old 10-30-2015, 08:21 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
QOD
Thanksgiving - GoV and I are going to Reno to spend the holiday with his family.
Christmas - No idea yet!

I had a great trail run yesterday. I ran that new (to me) rocky trail again. There were WAY more leaves covering it than there had been Saturday when my friend showed it to me, so I took a few wrong turns but quickly righted myself. It was great. I really don't have any interest in running on the roads AT ALL anymore. I suppose I need to start looking for some trail races if I ever want to race again. Or I have to force myself on the roads for, what was it?, 65% of my miles. Maybe 40-50% will be sufficient.

TimR, hope your daughter is feeling better!
#31 of 34 Old 10-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Yes!! There's a 12K trail race through the Xterra series on my trails in March! It includes the park's xc course (which I've heard is one of the hardest if not the hardest course in the state), so I'd better start doing some hill repeats! And best of all, first 12K = automatic PR.
#32 of 34 Old 10-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
I did morning (530)yoga yesterday, then walked O a few miles after work. This morning we walked a few miles before work, because i went out with SFC peeps tonight. Just having dinner now, OY, and need to get to bed soon so I can get up for 730 yoga tomorrow. I wish work didn't get in the way of stuff. I'd go to yoga every day if I could swing it and still get daily stuff done.

Halloween - I don't have plans. If nothing comes up I'll just watch a horror movie. Staying home sounds really good right now.

Thanksgiving - Not sure. It's an outlaw year (my family alternates years… One year my aunt or cousin host, the next everyone goes to their spouses place.) So I might do an orphan dinner. Although I only know of one orphan to invite. HA. I'll figure it out closer to the day.

Christmas - I'll go hang with my family, at whichever sibling's house it is hosted.

New Years - Are you kidding? I don't know what I'm doing 2 days from now let alone 2 months from now. HAHAHA.
#33 of 34 Old 10-31-2015, 10:21 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
2 miles with AK on her bike. there was more walking and stopping than anything but we got out there and it was a beautiful day.

great pics, tim!

katho, if i had my way, i would also stay in tonight with a horror movie on

theia, yay for new fun trails. i hear you on the joys of running trails. it is hard to get back to roads after an extensive amount of trail running.

happy halloween, all!
#34 of 34 Old 11-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
We survived Halloween in good shape!

Got out for 12 wet, rainy miles this afternoon (8:04 avg), first time I've ever run wearing a rain coat. Still got pretty wet!

At NYC my friend Craig Leon got 8th place and 2nd American behind Meb. I watched MNF with him just two weeks ago! Another friend got 68th OA, and one more got 2nd AG in the 60-64 (3:04x). Great day for Eugene area runners.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page