First full week of October - 30s - Page 2 - KickRunners.com

#26 of 35 Old 10-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
I don't know, Duck. I think I would have enjoyed running right behind college girls for a while...

Today is the 10 year anniversary of my first marathon (Chicago 2005). For whatever that's worth...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 35 Old 10-09-2015, 10:02 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Irony alert... I clicked on an article in the RW newsletter and just saw this gem. Emphasis added.

Lesson Learned: Tailor your training to your event
If you're traveling to an event, there's not a lot you can do to control elevation and climate changes. But you can study the surface, average weather, and elevation of your event, and plan your training accordingly, says David Manthey, a coach with Runner's Edge of the Rockies: "Training specificity is key."

For instance, runners targeting a road race should do at least 65 percent of training (most long runs and some speed sessions) on asphalt. This gets your body used to the pounding and repetitive motion of running on the roads. Hitting trails and park paths for easy and recovery runs and some hill workouts helps you avoid overuse injuries, says Manthey.

My back is seizing up today. First time since early June. Le sigh.
#28 of 35 Old 10-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
How ya feelin' Missy?

I slept great last night, for me anyway. Didn't get to bed until about 4, but managed to sleep until about 430, then was awake till rolling out of bed at 6. But that's way more sleep than I've been getting. Need a bunch more nights like that. Probably going to be in bed at 9 tonight. HAHAHA. I am so old.

Happy Anniversary boB

Seizing backs suck.

Shoot. It's only 7:50? I thought it was later than that. I may not make it till 9. HAHAHA! Might just give up in 25 min when the chicken comes out of the oven. (baking it to put in some soup.)

And ok, I might go to bed early, but I end up reading for a bit. So it's not like I'm going asleep that early.

#29 of 35 Old 10-09-2015, 05:05 PM
Addicted Member

Oh man. 7 minutes till the chicken is done. That's just too long to wait for bed.

And that's not really a joke.

oldoldoldoldold.
#30 of 35 Old 10-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Addicted Member

MMMMmmmmm. Fell asleep around 830 last night and slept straight through till 600. So needed that.

Walk around the block and yoga this morning. I'm going to chop up some veggies for soup in a minute. Have my 16qt pot going with broth already.
#31 of 35 Old 10-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
I bet Kath's house smells GREAT right now.

Took Tobey for a 5k walk this morning, then we had family climbing class at the university gym this morning. Now I'm at work for football.

I'll try to go longish tomorrow.
#32 of 35 Old 10-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Addicted Member

My house smells awesome*. I AM the queen of soup you know.

I wish there was a way to video the dance Oskar and I were doing. He really wanted to share the chicken I was cutting up, and was alternately shoving the cone between my legs, shoving between me and the counter, laying behind me right on the back of my ankles so it was hard to stand…. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So I was stepping over him, backwards, sideways, all while cutting stuff with my giant chef knife. We had a nice rhythm going. HA.

OH!!! I finally got new running shoes. Haven't been able to bring myself to get new ones, just because. But I finally ordered some this week and they came today.

*soup progress got interrupted by a nap. So the broth had a long time to thaw on the stove, and I just threw the rest of the veg in. Actually, I need to get some more. My soup tends to grow. HA.
#33 of 35 Old 10-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
mmmmmmmmm. soup. thats one of the things i love best about fall. too bad it was 84F today and didn't feel like fall!

glad you got some good rest, kath.

i'm feeling better, thank you!! i got out for 2.17 miles yesterday with B before we got sidetracked with an impromptu playdate with a boxer puppy. she was so cute and frisky.

today AK had her school's walkathon. guess how far she walked? well, hows this - i signed her up for 3 miles but she walked that in the first hour. she ended up walking 8.4 miles!!!!!!!! i was super impressed. she took a nice long nap this afternoon.

my parents are in town on their way out of the country and will be here til monday so i'm loving having them here.

i hope everyone else is having a great weekend!
#34 of 35 Old 10-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Wow, AK!

I got out for 15 nice miles in just around 2:05 or so. I was just trying to relax and stay on cruise control and that worked out pretty well.

I'm going to drink a beer and watch a little football, then go out and work on the treehouse for the kids.

Hope you're all having a great Sunday!
#35 of 35 Old 10-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Addicted Member

WHOA AK!!! I would want a nap too.

I walked O a mile this morning (he trotted the whole way - WOOHOO!) and then did the butt tape and then went to yoga. After that I took a fused glass class, to see if that should be the next thing. (Did it with a friend's 13 y/o daughter, which was a hoot.) This is what my plate looks like before fusing…. I only realized on my drive home that my chickens have waddles but not combs. Oops. I made chickens because I have this placemat pattern that I have parts cut out for but not assembled yet… I can pick up the finished thing next Sunday.

My plate (before fusing)

The placemats that inspired it…

HEY!!! The Great Brittish Baking show is on. Must watch.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page