30's 9/14-9/20 Dancing in September

Morning 30's!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 28 Old 09-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
good morning 30s!!!!!!!! RISE AND SHINE!!!! (even though the east coasters are getting ready for lunch. heh.)

what did everyone do over the weekend? whats going on for the week?

our weather is finally cooling down a bit to the 80s, thank goodness. the raging wildfires all over CA are so awful. we need rain!!

3 miles this morning with B, half on the streets, half on the trails.

we had a fun weekend spent with friends. one of them just bought a home up in the boonducks about 1 hour north of us with 6 acres - Bella went crazy running around, scavenging and chasing squirrels. it was a lovely day.

AK's kindergarten is finally starting full days this week so i'm thankful for that. that girl's schedule is a little too crazy.. i might need to pull back on a few extracurriculars..
#3 of 28 Old 09-14-2015, 11:08 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning missy!!!! My brother lives South of Sacramento and the school district he works in is closed because of the fires. Several of the teachers lost their homes. We need rain!!!!

We have a nice but busy weekend. Soccer for my youngest was a success. They won 5-0 and he had a goal and 3 assists. My daughter did great at her XC meet. She finished 22nd in her race of about 80 junior girls. It was hot and much more humid than we normally are.

#4 of 28 Old 09-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Special Member

yay for soccer and XC success!!

just a PSA - tree sap is INCREDIBLY hard to get out of dog fur...

thats all.

carry on.
#5 of 28 Old 09-14-2015, 09:52 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Yay for the RonFer kids!

10 miler yesterday on the really nice bike trail through the woods in my home town.

Today I'm traveling. Almost home, currently in SFO
#6 of 28 Old 09-15-2015, 08:22 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's it is raining here so I am guessing the driving schedule will be a little lighter tonight. I will try to get a weight workout in. My legs are a little tired and I was able to run last night. The rain is much needed as there have been fires sprouting up all over the place.

missy can you cut the sap out? I have heard that something alcohol based will do the trick.

Nice run Duck someday I want to run 10.
#7 of 28 Old 09-15-2015, 04:30 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Is anybody on the east coast or midwest checking in this week?

I ran 6 miles last night, and 3 easy today. I guess I'm on track for a marathon this weekend.

This pic is from the Labor Day race. You guys probably have seen me do the jump-heel-click thing before. But it's been a while. Running has been more of a struggle lately, so I guess I hadn't been in a good mood at the end of races lately. But I felt better than expected last weekend, so I gave it a go. Too bad this is one of those races that only offers a crappy low-res picture and charges a fortune to buy the pic. I think it's $28 for one picture!! Sheesh. I really appreciate the races that give away free pics. I mean, this is 2015, and pictures are cheap and easy. How is their picture any better than one that any spectator could take with their cell phone? Anyway, here it is:

Ron likes this.
#8 of 28 Old 09-15-2015, 05:54 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Helloooooo.

530am yoga today and a few miles with O tonight. If the charming old men in my neighborhood that invite Oskar & me over for lemonade or a cocktail were 30 years younger, I'd be golden.

It's going to be a battle to stay up till 9 for Oskar's last pee.
#9 of 28 Old 09-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Hello all - in the middle of our celebration week here. It's busier than usual with golf on top of everything else, but everything is going well.
#10 of 28 Old 09-15-2015, 06:09 PM
Special Member

Awesome picture bob!!
#11 of 28 Old 09-16-2015, 08:20 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's the rain yesterday was nice, but it made it humid here. I don't know how you all in humid weather can take it. I lifted last night and tonight I should be able to get in a good workout. Friday my daughter don't run her race until 9:30 pm so I will be home in plenty of time to watch her run. I am excited it is a flat course and she should have a great time.

Great pic Bob!!!

Kath what is 30 years

amichel have fun golfing.
#12 of 28 Old 09-16-2015, 08:22 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5
boB that is one great pic. I'd say spend the $28.

Howdy all! Not a step for me of running, except up and down the theater stairs. We open Friday! Thank goodness. I've worked about 40 hours on costumes since Saturday, on top of my day job (I took Monday off.) It's rewarding but sheesh...I'm tired!

A couple of costume pix (I don't have many because we're keeping the design of the show under wraps!)
Rocky!

The Phantoms (they're ghostly usherettes)

Kath, how's your back?

Ron and Missy, the CA drought is pretty scary. I've heard a number of reports on NPR about it lately.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....

Last edited by Auntie Moe; 09-16-2015 at 08:24 AM. Reason: edited to make the GIANT photos smaller.
#13 of 28 Old 09-16-2015, 10:09 AM
Special Member

Cool pix! I miss working stage crew.

Absolutely nothing from yesterday. Every time I go on vacation I get to come home to fires burning all over the place at work.
#14 of 28 Old 09-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Special Member

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, amy and DH!!!!!!!!!! i hope you have a lovely celebration.

ron, we are leaning towards cutting the sap out. it'll be sad to see her patchy and missing fur! make sure to bring tissues with you to the race on friday (i jest gently and lovingly!)

boB, its hard to believe you have yet another marathon lined up this weekend. amazing. great pic, btw.

duck, sounds like you had a great trip! did you wave when you were at SFO? how is your mom doing?

katho, i'm impressed that you continue on with early morning yoga. is it helping your back? how was the showing over the weekend? continued fingers crossed for ya!

moe, very impressive!!!!! you are so talented. thanks for sharing!

yes, the drought is very concerning. some people seem to think that the potential rain fall from el nino this coming winter will eradicate the deficit but my understanding is that it won't even make a dent - thats how parched the land is here. i think also what many people don't understand is how far reaching the drought's impact will have on the rest of the country. did you know that half of the country's fruit, vegetables, and nuts are grown here? soon we may all be paying a premium for oranges, almonds, etc.

blargh.

on to happier things... 4.37 miles this morning with B. it has cooled considerably and even felt fall-ish. AK is counting down the days to halloween. uhm, good luck child.
#15 of 28 Old 09-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Special Member

Missy, trip was good. Mom is doing about as well as a blind 86 year old woman can do, but I think she is quite bored and a little depressed. Thanks for asking!

5 miles at lunch today. Worked on form and it was a pretty good run. Also cooling down here finally.
#16 of 28 Old 09-17-2015, 08:56 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I got in a good short run and lifted a little last night. I am hoping for more of the same tonight. Tomorrow my daughter is running in a earlier race than I expected so I need to find a way to leave the conference I am attending a little early so I can watch her.

Great pics Moe looks like fun times.

Duck I hope you were able to put out all the fires.

missy the drought is very concerning. Every time it rains one of my daughters says oh good now the drought is over. Hopefully we get as much rain as the say we are going to get this year and it keeps it up for a few more years.
#17 of 28 Old 09-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Kath what is 30 years
Almost double my age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Moe View Post
Kath, how's your back?
I never know how to answer this. It always hurts. Some days are worse than others. I'm trying to figure out how to get & keep the pain on the low end of the scale.

The costumes and makeup are FABULOUS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
katho, i'm impressed that you continue on with early morning yoga. is it helping your back? how was the showing over the weekend? continued fingers crossed for ya!
1) The 420 wake up this morning was BRUTAL. Was up too late last night and then couldn't sleep… I only do them Tuesday and THursday… Saturday and Sunday are at 730 and 9, so much more manageable.

2) Maybe? I can't say it's reduced pain any, but after 2 months my core is WAY stronger & balance has really improved, and J says my posture is better. It's great stress relief too, since I can't run or throw pots.

I don't think it's made my back any worse, so…

3) Yet another couple would have made an offer on the spot, but they still have their own freaking house. They weren't planning to put their house on the market till Spring, and weren't expecting to find THE house right now.

Sounds like they have a lot of equity in their house, so maybe they'll be able to pull something off.

I've been working on a batch of ham bean soup this week. But I don't have any ham, so am putting some bacon in. But then I found some pork chops in the freezer, so I brined them over night and have them on the smoker now. Fast ham? Hopefully this will turn out.
#18 of 28 Old 09-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Addicted Member

WHOA. I just pulled a corner off one of the chops. It actually worked!!! Tastes like ham!
#19 of 28 Old 09-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Special Member

Pork Alchemy!!!
#20 of 28 Old 09-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Special Member

5 miles yesterday. Wonky hip felt better after running.

I'm at work right now. Georgia State game at 11 am.
#21 of 28 Old 09-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Addicted Member

Hey guys! Greetings from Nebraska! My trip here today was uneventful. I got my race gear, checked into my hotel, and went for a short slow warmup run. My hotel is right on the Missouri River and right near a pedestrian bridge that crosses the river, so I made a little run into Iowa and back. For some reason, I get a kick out of crossing state lines on foot...

For some unknown reason, my left hamstring has been a little cranky for the last day or two. It doesn't hurt, but I'd say I'm "aware" of it with every step I walk. However, it felt just fine on the short run today. It's weird that it feels worse walking than running. Well, I hope it's okay in the morning. I suppose I'll check back in if/when I finish the race...
#22 of 28 Old 09-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Special Member

good luck bob!!!!!!!!
#23 of 28 Old 09-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Special Member

Go bob go!!! 9:27 avg pace, 2:03 at the half! Keep on keeping on!
#24 of 28 Old 09-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Special Member

Congrats!!! 4:29:43
#25 of 28 Old 09-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Addicted Member

Thanks for following, Amichel. Well, as you can see from those numbers, I slowed down considerably in the second half. But meh, it's about what I was expecting. I know my training isn't good enough to allow me to go past 20 miles and still have any juice left. So those last 5 or 6 miles involved a lot of walking, but so be it. I think I'm a 4 and a half hour marathoner now, and I'm okay with that. I feel much better now than I did immediately following the marathon in Kalamazoo a few months ago. And I was about 7 minutes faster. So all things considered, I'm happy...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page