30's keep on Rockin me baby 7/27-8/2 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 25 Old 07-27-2015, 07:17 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
30's keep on Rockin me baby 7/27-8/2

Morning 30's I had a nice weekend but it was fast. I got in some good workouts and time with the family. Last night the girls went to see Paper Towns and a couple of kids saw Ant-Man. It was a fun night.

Kath I am wishing you some luck and fast selling vibes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 25 Old 07-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Happy Birthday Auntie Mo!

Kath, what has been the physical effect on you from of all of that yoga?

Yesterday my exercise consisted of moving a disassembled pool table from a u-haul into my garage and putting it back together all by myself. Ooof.
#3 of 25 Old 07-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Kath - did you hear my kids say hi as we buzzed by Toledo yesterday?

So, I landed in Chicago Friday, fought traffic to our hotel in Michigan City, IN, I tried to stay up late to reset my clock from the time difference and did ok. Saturday we had lunch in Grand Rapids, but the parkers were busy. Sunday we picked dd up from band camp, then drove both kids to a different camp in Ohio, then home. Yup, that's almost 700 miles, and the reason why we didn't try to stop to see Kath

And, my souvenir from the trip is a cold. Boo hiss! I hope I'm better by Thursday for the Harry Connick Jr concert!

Kath - we won't be through Toledo on the way back, but we will be in Sandysky for the weekend if you want to go to cedar point with us

#4 of 25 Old 07-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Special Member

6.5 miles at lunch today. I think it went up 15 degrees while I was running. We have a bunch of 90-100F temps headed our way later on this week.
#5 of 25 Old 07-28-2015, 07:33 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Hey, everyone. Gee, I've been rather M.I.A lately. But Summer softball has finally ended, and now (theoretically) I should have time to actually start, you know, training for the marathon I have scheduled in less than 8 weeks. I ran 6.8 miles yesterday. I certainly didn't feel like I was in any shape to go nearly 20 miles more than that. But it was a rather humid day, so I can use that as an excuse.

I hope you all have been well...
#6 of 25 Old 07-28-2015, 08:07 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's my legs were tired last night so I ran a really slow 3.18. Tonight I will just lift as much weight as any human has ever lifted or at least as much as I can lift.

amichel I hope the cold goes away quickly.

Duck I head inside when it gets that warm.

Bob you ran 6.8 in humid weather that is awesome!!!
#7 of 25 Old 07-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
hi guys, the move went well. we still have people working in the house - hardwood floors and our contractor who is finishing up. so, while we're moved in, we can't really unpack until everyone is done. heh.

i got out for 3.2 miles with bella this morning. its going to be a long week but it will all be worth it!!!!
#8 of 25 Old 07-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Special Member

Congrats, Missy! It will be great to finally be in your new home.

6.2 warm miles today.
#9 of 25 Old 07-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Thanks Ron! This house can't sell fast enough.

Holy whirlwind trip Amy! You know… I did hear someone calling my name the other day…

Nice run Missy!!! And YAY for being in, even if you aren't IN.

Duck - huge difference in core strength already. My abs are shaping up nicely - am pretty surprised at the definition already. And no, I'm not taking a pic.

Signed up for a membership/package/whatever this morning and got the big discount, at which point Tim-the-teacher tells me they have a challenge running now that if you go to 4 classes a week for 4 weeks you get a bigger discount on your next package. GAAAA. Of course I'm going to try to do that one too, cause the timing will be just right for when the membership I got this morning expires… Won't be any gaps…

Lets just hope this helps my back. Or at least doesn't make it worse, so I can continue.
#10 of 25 Old 07-29-2015, 06:13 AM
Addicted Member

Congrats on the move, Missy.

Duck, I'm glad you had fun in Scotland. I've got a bunch of Scottish ancestors on my dad's side. One of those Scots married a descendant of the German guy we're both related to...

More house-selling luck vibes to Kath...

So Ron, did you successfully "lift as much weight as any human has ever lifted"?
#11 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 07:23 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I had to go someplace for work yesterday which wasn't ideal but I was able to lift in the morning. The plan was to run when I got home but sitting in traffic for 3 hours kind of zapped that idea. Oh well tonight there is a cross country parent meeting so I probably won't run tonight. I do have tomorrow off so that is a great thing.

Yeah for missy!!!!

Nice running as always Duck!!!

Nice going Yogi Kath.

Bob not quite but I have been getting stronger and I feel pretty healthy so that is good.
#12 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 08:41 AM
Special Member

It is supposed to get up to 106F today. Over 40C. I guess I should run earlier rather than later!

ETA - Got out for 5 miles. It's already up to 87F at noon.
#13 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 10:25 AM
Special Member

hi guys.

we're not moving out tonight as we thought so thats good, i suppose. the not so great is that its delayed again. oh, well.

i had planned on going out for a run this morning but slept in instead. doh. its cooling down to the 80s instead of 90s that it was the past few days.. still not as hot as oregon!! wow! my marathon training schedule officially starts next week... and this may end up being an unplanned step back week just due to everything else going on.

in other news, my grandmother passed away. she was 97 and had been dying for a very long time so while its sad, she is in a much better place and no longer suffering. some of you who have had relatives/family chronically ill for a while and finally pass know that theres a complex combination of emotions with relief mixed in. we are planning a memorial service for mid august (to give relatives from overseas a chance to come) to celebrate her full 97 years of life. random fact - she was one of the first female basketball players in china! how cool is that?
#14 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 10:40 AM
Addicted Member

I'm sorry about your grandmother Missy.

And I'm with you on sleeping in, although it was unintentional. I meant to go to yoga at 530 this morning (well, class starts at 530, which means I need to leave by 5:05 to be ready in the room at start.) My alarm didn't go off (it died) and I didn't wake up till 536. Sigh. Which is not a good first week for my challenge. Unless I leave work early tomorrow, I need to do a double on Sunday to make up time for this week. Gaaa.

Um.

Life is sort of ridiculous today. Not in a bad way, just…. huh. Several sort of bizarre things happened this morning that I have to laugh at. Theoretically they could be stressful or at least awkward, but... I refuse to react that way at this point. Wait and see what happens.

I'd really like a nap.
#15 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 11:38 AM
Addicted Member

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Missy. I completely understand the conflicting emotions. My grandfather had been slowly wasting away for years before he died and I remember the mix of sadness and relief, even though that was 25 years ago. (Holy cow, I'm getting old!).

Nuthin' wrong with a nap, Kath...

I've run about 15 miles over the last 3 days, which isn't all that impressive, except that it's almost as much as I've done in any full week going back to mid-June. I need to ramp up quickly to get myself back in shape, but then again, I can't try to ramp up TOO quickly or I'm gonna hurt myself. Ack...
#16 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 11:44 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Duck that is too hot to be running.

missy I am sorry to hear of your loss but that is cool about being a trailblazing basketball player.

Kath I am hoping to sleep a little more tomorrow. Zzzzzzz

Bob when does softball kick up again?
#17 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Special Member

(((Missy and family)))
#18 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
((Missy))

Heading to south bend to see Harry Connick Jr tonight

Hoping to be over the cold enough to slog a few miles in the morning before we head to Ohio
#19 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14
Missy, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma but I do think I know what you mean.

Kris
#20 of 25 Old 07-31-2015, 07:25 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Bob when does softball kick up again?
Looks like our first practice will be Aug 10. So, umm, pretty soon. I will have to do a better job of maintaining a training regimen while the season goes on. There's already a monkey in the wrench because all the games in the Fall will be Saturday morning double-headers. I'm used to doing my long runs on Saturday mornings. So I'll either have to do the run on Saturday afternoons (and miss college football?!?) or on Sunday mornings. Either way, it messes with my long-standing routine...

I did manage another 4 miles yesterday. Hopefully I can get a few more miles in tonight before a long run tomorrow. Before I have to move away from Saturday mornings...
#21 of 25 Old 07-31-2015, 09:35 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Missy, I am so sorry for your loss. I do understand the conflicting and sometimes even confusing emotions in this situation. You celebrate her long life but know you will miss her, so it's hard and constantly changing. May her memory be eternal.

Hi everyone else!
#22 of 25 Old 07-31-2015, 10:55 AM
Special Member

Happy Birthday, Ron!!
#23 of 25 Old 07-31-2015, 02:29 PM
Special Member

happiest of birthdays, ron!!!!!

i have not worked out or run at all since sunday! really hoping to get out a little bit today and/or this weekend. woot.

happy friday, all!
#24 of 25 Old 07-31-2015, 04:55 PM
Special Member

Got out for 5 miles before work. Good decision, it is 102+ currently. They are shutting down lots of parks and trails because of the fire danger here. A little grass fire at the local CC campus just about exploded this afternoon.

I hope my neighbors don't smoke!
#25 of 25 Old 07-31-2015, 05:26 PM
Addicted Member

Evening!

I walked O three miles tonight. No yoga till tomorrow morning, and I"ll have to do a double Sunday to make up my hours for the challenge this week.

Got new glasses this week, but they made them wrong, so I returned them tonight and they're re-making them. gaa. I can't wait to get them (and new contacts, which will happen next week). My eyes have hit that I'm-over-40-so-its-time-to-freak-out stage.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page