30's 3/30 - 4/5 Spring Break anyone? - KickRunners.com
 1Likes

#1 of 33 Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
30's 3/30 - 4/5 Spring Break anyone?

Morning 30's it was a good weekend for working out I just need to try to get something in tonight. Spring sports are in full bloom right now.

Duck exciting news about your daughter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 33 Old 03-30-2015, 08:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Very cool news, Duck.

Amichel, 9 on a treadmill? Ugh and double ugh. These days I can barely manage 4 inside before I start to lose my mind.

Swam 2,000 yards and ran 3 miles Saturday, then ran 6.7ish yesterday with my #1 running partner that I haven't connected with since before Christmas. It was so good to run with her again! First thing she said to me was, "Well hello, skinny minnie!"

My legs are already sore from class this morning. Oh boy....

And yes for Spring Break, Ron! For the first time in forever I'm actually going somewhere!
#3 of 33 Old 03-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Im not going anywhere for spring break. Have several trade shows to get ready for.

I did have a fabulous day yesterday though, which put me in a much better place to get the rest of the suck news about my back.

And today I got to talk to one of my FAVORITE designers that i get to work with, to connect her with a project one of my other favorite designers is working on, which will be a very profitable deal for both of them (and us) if we can work out the details. Woohoo!!

And now its time for me to go to lunch.

#4 of 33 Old 03-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Addicted Member

Oh. And i walked O a couple miles this morning. Im hoping to have time to do the butt tape later and get him out for a few more miles, but I have some stupid errands to run first, which might take some time.
#5 of 33 Old 03-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Ran 4.5 last night. Back on the trusty treadmill. Heading outside tonight to run while ds is at soccer practice. Hoping beyond hope that the weather and I will start to get along soon
#6 of 33 Old 03-30-2015, 11:10 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
20 miles on the road bike yesterday in great conditions. Hope to run today.

Weekend highlight: I fixed a wiring issue in the steering column of our Nissan Titan which caused the manual shift lever to not work. Basically a design flaw, with a couple of too short wires leading into a wiring harness rubbing and then eventually breaking. Dealer price for the work is $400. I fixed it for $22!
#7 of 33 Old 03-30-2015, 11:20 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Awesome Theia is it someplace you can share?

Kath I am not going anyplace either.

amichel I have been running at soccer practice too.

Duck nice job I wish I knew how to work on cars.
#8 of 33 Old 03-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
Dealer price for the work is $400. I fixed it for $22!
NICE!!!

#9 of 33 Old 03-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Duck nice job I wish I knew how to work on cars.
This was more like electronics repair. I found some threads about it on the internet, then just broke out the soldering iron and soldered in some extra lengths of cable into the broken places.

Got in 6.5 miles at lunch today. Had a good scale reading afterwards.
#10 of 33 Old 03-31-2015, 05:53 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Hey y'all. Happy Spring Break to those on break. DD is on break, and I'll be taking off Thursday to hang out with her. (I already get Friday off because my company always has Good Friday as a holiday). I'm not going anywhere this week, but I'll be happy to not be at work for a couple of days. We will be going to see my folks in CT for Easter weekend, however...

Umm, running? I did 4.3 miles of hills last night. That's something...
#11 of 33 Old 03-31-2015, 07:01 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20
Spring Break here too...but I'm working. Lindsay turned 15 on Sunday, so I took her down to the DMV yesterday to get her Driver's permit. The wife and kids are up in Huntsville, I drove home last night so I can work in peace and quiet. I'll go back sometime on Thursday.

I hope to run today...may do the indoor track at the Y. Kinda cool here and this will be my first run since I fell last Wed.

Theia will be posting beach pictures...I'm sure.

Duck, I need to ride my road bike more, maybe when the weather gets just a bit nicer. It just seems like such a production to get on the bike vs running. Way more equipment involved.
#12 of 33 Old 03-31-2015, 08:09 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's tonight I will run while my son is at soccer. That is my new schedule to run at practice Tues and Friday that will make 5 days a week. Most will we short but it will have to do for now. Funny dog story. The puppy will wedge herself in the corner of the sofa and take a nap upright in between the cushions. I need to take a picture of it.

Morning Kath how is the packing going?

Duck are you running the marathon in MI?

Bob hills are definitely something. I will have to run hills tonight.

Tim baseball season is fun.
#13 of 33 Old 03-31-2015, 08:15 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timr1 View Post
Theia will be posting beach pictures...I'm sure.
I wish I were going somewhere with a beach. Not 'til June.

No, my pics will be more likely to involve hiking trails and slot machines. See if you can guess where I am going (two places approximately an hour apart from each other).

Quote:
Duck, I need to ride my road bike more, maybe when the weather gets just a bit nicer. It just seems like such a production to get on the bike vs running. Way more equipment involved.
Haha, try swimming. It always astounds me that it takes more than an hour to swim for half an hour plus requires so much STUFF. Drive to the pool, remove outdoor clothing, rinse off, apply expensive stuff to protect hair from chlorine, schlepp self, swim cap, goggles, fins, pull buoy, and paddles into the pool, swim with all aforementioned equipment for 30-35 minutes, get out of pool, rinse off again, dry off, change out of bathing suit and into outdoor clothing... Exhausting.
#14 of 33 Old 03-31-2015, 09:37 AM
Special Member

Ron - I'm thinking about running the half in Michigan, then doubling back to run the last few miles with Bob. I think 26 would just be too much for me currently.

I love swimming, but totally agree with the hassle part.

Tim - Mila is starting Driver's Ed on Wednesday.
#15 of 33 Old 03-31-2015, 10:37 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3
Hey everyone!

Great news on Mila! Big congrats. Hard to believe all of these kiddos are driving.

I just sent mine off on a plane to Florida for spring break. Crazy.

I've been doing some running (not a lot) and lots of yoga/barre classes. Starting to finally feel like I am healing. Fingers crossed.
#16 of 33 Old 03-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Special Member

Glad you are feeling better, RIL!

4 miles after work for me today. I didn't feel like running, and my knees were sore, but I'm glad I knocked it out.
#17 of 33 Old 03-31-2015, 05:53 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Hey Duck, keep in mind that there will probably be a rather large gap of time between when you finish the HM to when I'll be finishing the Full. Plenty of time for you to cramp up...

My daughter has gotten to where she sings in the shower (loudly). Right now I can hear her singing "Uptown Funk".
#18 of 33 Old 04-01-2015, 06:13 AM
Special Member

Quote:

Tim baseball season is fun.
Yeah, we're deep into it already. I was one of the organizers of Paul's original travel team. We had some turnover (constant) and finally decided weeks ago to just pull the plug on the team. So, Paul's on a new team. In reality, he's in a better situation with regard to his baseball future. Anyway, his team has played 4 tournaments so far. It's a solid team, but they can't seem to string together the wins needed to make a deep run in a tournament. They'll win 1 - 2 games per weekend and lose 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post

Tim - Mila is starting Driver's Ed on Wednesday.
Good deal. Lindsay is taking Driver's Ed in summer school...so she'll be in it the first 3 weeks of June. We're teaching her to drive some now though. Fun stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post

My daughter has gotten to where she sings in the shower (loudly). Right now I can hear her singing "Uptown Funk".
I've pointed out to my kids that Uptown Funk is just a remake of 70s songs. I've played a few for them and they agree.
#19 of 33 Old 04-01-2015, 07:54 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I had a good run while my son was at soccer practice last night. It was a nice half hour run I run down a gradual decent then back up almost 3 and a half. Tonight I can lift and run so it should be great. Son has been asked to join a travel soccer team so I am weighing our options. He has played travel baseball in the past and got burned out.

Theia you could go to Las Vegas and be less than an hour between both activities.

Duck I want to get in half shape.

RIL I hope you are on your way to a healthy Summer.

Bob one of my daughters sings in the shower it makes me happy.

Tim my oldest plays in HS and his team plays the number 2 team in the country tonight. That should be a good time.
#20 of 33 Old 04-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Special Member

Quote:

Tim my oldest plays in HS and his team plays the number 2 team in the country tonight. That should be a good time.
THAT is awesome! Good luck to his team. I don't think you and I are friends on FB, but I'd love to see some pictures of that.

My son's age group (year in school) is so deep that the kids who won't make the middle school team would make a competitive school team somewhere else. Further south in the county (we're in a county school) there's only 5 active players playing now, and they're not going to have enough players, where our middle school will cut 15 - 20 players. HS games are fun to watch.

RIL - glad you're on the mend and getting back into it.

Does anyone else snicker at the label: Special Member listed under your user name? In an old '30s Friday kind of way?
#21 of 33 Old 04-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Morning Kath how is the packing going?
Uh…. I had dr appointments almost every day after work last week plus saturday, and was gone Sunday. (Plus was not in any kind of headspace to deal with it.) So not much going on the last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post
Starting to finally feel like I am healing. Fingers crossed.
YAY!

Quote:
Does anyone else snicker at the label: Special Member listed under your user name?
Yes. Often.

I want to hear Jillian sing Uptown Funk.

Yesterday I walked O 1.5 before work and then 3 after. Today we walked 2 before work, then I did the butt tape and we walked another 3 after. Now we're snuggling (Bob too) and I've got the heating pad.
#22 of 33 Old 04-02-2015, 08:01 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I had a good workout last night I lifted and ran. Tonight I am hoping to lift and to get my longish run in tomorrow night while my son is at soccer practice. My son's HS baseball team only lost 6-3 to the second ranked team in the country. Not so bad. There was something terrible that happened. A kid on his team was pitching and a ball was hit right back at him and hit him in the side of his face. He is in the hospital but should be ok. I heard it was a scary scene.

Tim I was at work and couldn't watch the game. I get to watch them play this weekend.

Kath glad you are getting in a lot of walking.
#23 of 33 Old 04-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Special Member

6-3 ain't bad at all! Sorry to hear about the pitcher. Scary!

6.5 miles yesterday afternoon in a little under 50 minutes. Did the math while showering and realized that it was 1:40 half pace without too much effort. Huh.
Timr1 likes this.
#24 of 33 Old 04-02-2015, 08:53 AM
Special Member

Quote:
My son's HS baseball team only lost 6-3 to the second ranked team in the country. Not so bad. There was something terrible that happened. A kid on his team was pitching and a ball was hit right back at him and hit him in the side of his face. He is in the hospital but should be ok. I heard it was a scary scene.

Tim I was at work and couldn't watch the game. I get to watch them play this weekend.

That's terrible. I hope he's OK. That's a fear of every parent of pitchers, myself included.

Enjoy the game this weekend.
#25 of 33 Old 04-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Addicted Member

Jeez. Poor kid.

We walked 2 this morning, then I did the butt tape and we walked another 2 tonight. Now it's time for the heating pad.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page