Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Yay theia!!!
#53 of 58 Old 05-25-2015, 04:13 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Howdy all. Today is the deadline, right?

For me - I'm not pleased with the number on the scale... technically I'm 1.0 OVER what was on it when we started this gig. That being said, muscle tone is definitely improving on the legs and arms, and in body pump, i noticed that there just might be a small decrease in the lower belly pudge. So.. while I wish the number had gone in the other direction, I know that I'm definitely a work in progress, and that (although running is no longer part of the plan), I'm finally going in the right direction again.

If anyone wants to move to phase 2 of this gig... going until Labor day, I'm in.

Grats to everyone who met their goals!

#54 of 58 Old 05-26-2015, 06:49 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Hi Ailarie. I was thinking this morning that I have to come in and give a final report, even though I didn't have access to the scale yet this week. I'm glad you remembered too that we had said Memorial Day as a finishing point for round 1. The Y was closed yesterday, so I couldn't do my normal Monday weigh-in, and I had an early meeting today. I will hop on tomorrow or Thursday and report back. I *think* I might be down another pound or so. I definitely feel tighter.

The number on the scale is just so fickle, isn't it? If you are feeling less jiggly and more toned, and/or if your clothes are fitting you better, I call that a huge victory despite what the scale may say!

On a related note, GoV and I started the 30 Day Plank Challenge. It may sound crazy, but I definitely see a difference after just one week! My only complaint about it is that the images for Walking Plank and Alternating Hand Plank are the same, so I'm not sure what we are supposed to do when we get to Week 3. For Alternating Hand Planks, I plan to do what we call in my class High Low Planks - going from hands to elbows and back. For Walking Plank, I will make up some other variation. I certainly have plenty to choose from in my repertoire!
#55 of 58 Old 05-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
I ended up at 165.8 this morning. Not bad, but basically where I ended April. I'm going to continue on.
#56 of 58 Old 05-27-2015, 05:51 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theia View Post
The number on the scale is just so fickle, isn't it? If you are feeling less jiggly and more toned, and/or if your clothes are fitting you better, I call that a huge victory despite what the scale may say!
Yes, I am quoting myself! Don't judge me. 153 still. Boo. I really thought I'd be 151 or 152. So I need the reminder above to not fixate on the number but instead on how I feel and how my clothes fit. Both of those indicators have improved significantly, so I will force myself to be OK with that.

Meanwhile, I'm soldiering on. I really really really reallyreallyreally want to be under 150 by July 4. And yes, I do realize I'm contradicting myself all over this post!
#57 of 58 Old 06-15-2015, 06:05 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

As of Saturday, I am still stuck at 153. Bah.

I feel tighter, and GoV swears my waist is smaller. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.
katholeenie likes this.
#58 of 58 Old 06-29-2015, 04:29 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

The scale finally moved!! 151!!!!

Cue the dancing bananas.
Ailarie and katholeenie like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page