30's October 6-12 where is the sun going? - Page 2 - KickRunners.com
 7Likes

#26 of 45 Old 10-09-2014, 05:41 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3
bOb - that is just horrible. Even worse is the video of the mom of the team captain saying why the season shouldn't be cancelled. Just makes me sick. If my kid was involved with that, I'd have VERY different words.

Kath - I have not seen the movie Bully, but want to.

Missy - hope the next couple of days go quickly.

Duck - I've wanted to try out the Hokas, as well as Newtons, but am not going to mess with anything like that until after this season is in the books. I've heard very mixed reviews on the Hokas. I have a friend who loves them. But I think Goon tried them out and didn't like them (not sure they were Cliftons, but they were Hokas).

I had a rough day/night last night. My butt was achy and that made me upset. (I did note that the seat warmers in my car made a pretty nice impromptu heating pad though). DS1 was in total teenager mode (not in a good way) and work was stressful. Ugh. Slept in this morning and may not run at all again until Saturday for a little shake out.

Here's hoping today is a little better. Have a good one folks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 45 Old 10-09-2014, 05:46 AM
Special Member

Oh hey - in fun news, my carbo load begins today! I LOVE me some carbo load!!
bard73 and katholeenie like this.
#28 of 45 Old 10-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timr1 View Post
boB - it looks like Florida is trying to handle the Treon Harris situation as best they can in light of all of the recent "other" stories. Put it this way, I don't think he'll be playing any time soon, and he probably won't be stealing any crab legs.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...all_tab_tw_top
Yeah. This is kinda the attitude of Gator fans now. "Hey, our team might stink, but at least we aren't allowing alleged rapists to play for us, unlike our bitter rivals to the west".

I guess I miss the days when we could have a good team without any criminals on it. Well okay, our last two national championship teams had Aaron Hernandez. I guess I at least miss the days when we could have a good team without having guys who commit serious crimes before they leave school for the NFL...

Switching to baseball talk... Quite a Final Four we got this year, eh? In the AL are two teams that haven't been to the World Series in 29 and 31 years; while in the NL it's the two teams that have been to all of the last 4 World Series. It's hard not to root for the KC Royals, but my guess is that whoever wins the NL pennant will win the World Series, based on their playoff experience...
Timr1 likes this.

#29 of 45 Old 10-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14
Ron- oh wow. 6 deaths all at once? My heart goes out to their families and friends.

No real exercise here, other than we got out on our bikes after work last week. Too wet these days, we've had showery weather and soon enough it will be too dark to bike safely after work. I used some Amazon gift card $ plus some of my own to get a Fitbit so I've been trying to walk more at least (I'm part of a challenge at work where step totals count).

Kris
#30 of 45 Old 10-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post
Kath - I have not seen the movie Bully, but want to.
I want to see it, but I don't. It's probably a bit heavy at this point in my life. I've seen a bunch of clips from it though, and... wow. I just don't understand it. Sure, I got picked on when I was a kid (champion nerd here) but... The bullying that goes on these days is just so extreme. That kind of behavior would never have been tolerated when I was a kid. Or at least where I went to school. Makes me really grateful I grew up when/where I did and with the people I did.

The whole time Lee was talking about it during his presentation, I just kept thinking, "Co-worker really needs to see this movie." But even if she did, she wouldn't connect the dots. Because, "Don't they know who I am?!?"

(Not kidding. That's a direct quote.)

!!!

Anyway. In happier news, the vendor that makes the fabric dye I used to do those Sherwood Inn Pottery tshirts finally sent me the stuff she said she would. (It's been almost 3 months since she was supposed to send it.) so WEEEEE!!!! Get to test more.

And I got some more tuck pointing done tonight. Still have a fair bit to do, but am making slow progress.

Um. And my latest sweater experiment/project is working so far, and knitting up pretty quickly.

Annnnnnd... Bob has his face mashed into the beanbag chair, the pleather one, and is snoring. I'm hoping the pleather is amplifying the noise, cause otherwise... Wow that's loud coming outta that body. heh.
#31 of 45 Old 10-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 6
I forgot how much simple stairclimbing can make your legs sore as heck. 13 flights up and down yesterday and it's vitamin I time tonight.

Ugh Missy - I'm hoping you can get some stress-free moments while the IL's are still there

[B]Mindi[/B - good idea on holding off on the Hokas. It's a completely different kind of shoe. My ankles/and calves were warning me from a half-mile into my test run that these weren't going to work for me. If you can get a store where you can get a test run in them, that would be the best way to go instead of forking over a ton of money for them

Baseball: I must root for my Giants of course, but if they weren't in it, I'd most definitely be rooting for KC and/or Baltimore purely on the underdog/haven't won anything in a while motif.

College football: First year of the playoff, and we could have a ton of one-loss teams, no undefeateds, and a whole lot of controversy. Sounds like a fun few months are ahead.

Anyway, hoping everyone is due for a good Friday tomorrow!

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#32 of 45 Old 10-10-2014, 05:48 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Good luck this weekend, RIL.

I'm in work h e l l. See ya.
#33 of 45 Old 10-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Special Member

Holy carpe diem the weather forecast for Sunday couldn't be nicer. It is supposed to be 45 degrees (feels like 40) at the start and 50 degrees (feels like 47) at the finish. Clear skies and not too windy. YAY! No excuses now if my bootay holds up! I didn't run yesterday or this morning. I plan to do a shakeout either tonight or tomorrow morning. Then it is go time, baby! My original goal for this was 200 (3 hours, 20 minutes), but I am going to go out at an 8:00 m/m pace (3:30) and see how it goes. I honestly don't think I am in PR shape, but I do think I have a strong race in me if my butt cooperates. SO, if you track me and see me anywhere in the 3:20s, I'll be thrilled!

Bib # is 2789.
#34 of 45 Old 10-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Howdy, all. Fly-by here.

RIL: Go get'em! You're gonna rock it tomorrow!

Hope everyone else has a fabulous weekend ahead of them!
#35 of 45 Old 10-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
Go mindi go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#36 of 45 Old 10-11-2014, 11:42 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's it was a busy day yesterday getting the puppy. She is adorable. I almost forgot how easy our other dog is. Let's just say the new puppy has popped 4 times already this morning and 3 of them were outside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1413052932412.jpg (157.1 KB, 20 views)
#37 of 45 Old 10-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Squeeeeeeeee!!!
#38 of 45 Old 10-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Go Mindi!

I volunteered at Mila's XC race, then jumped into the all comers race on a very sloppy course. Took 3rd OA in a small field, running 21:57 to edge out an amazing 9 year old. When he took off flying in the first mile I figured he was just one of those kids who go out way too fast, but he ran 7 pace for about 2.5 miles until I finally passed him. He kept looking back at me and I was telling him to run his own race and not worry about me. Future champion, I'm thinking.
#39 of 45 Old 10-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Special Member

ron, OMG!!!!!!!! PUPPY!!!!!!!!

duck, amazing!!!! nicely done!!

all signed up to track mindi!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

wow. there are a lot of exclamations in this post. heres another one - the ILs leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 of 45 Old 10-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Ron - D'aaaww how cute. Pupster looks like a wheaten, or at least a mix thereof.

Go RiL, go! (funny.. I was putting off my itty bitty run on the TM this morning. Knowing that Mindy's still out the course now, I think I'm gonna get on the TM, run at the same time, and send some mental mojo her way. RAWR!

Missybabe - you're donw to 24 hours or less now. In the words of William Wallace.... "FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!"
#41 of 45 Old 10-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Special Member

mindi has crossed the half in 1:45, 8:03 average!!!! keep it up, mindi!!!!!
#42 of 45 Old 10-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailarie View Post

Missybabe - you're donw to 24 hours or less now. In the words of William Wallace.... "FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!"

their flight leaves at 4pm. i'm not counting or anything....

heh.

i was tracking mindi while in church
#43 of 45 Old 10-12-2014, 08:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Can't see the puppy pic.

Rolled my ankle - bad - on the trails. Running partner had to call her husband to come get us. Luckily we were close to a parking area. Two fellow runners stopped to help; one was running by and offered his phone, and the other ran over to us when he heard me go down. (There may have been some screaming and cursing as I fell.) I am currently on the sofa with my throbbing ankle propped up on pillows. Sofa king pissed off.

Go RIL go!
#44 of 45 Old 10-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Go RIL! Jeez, I'm just realizing that her marathon pace is now what my 5k pace is. She's one fast gal!

Ouch, Theia. I hope the ankle is okay soon...

I ran 4 miles in the rain yesterday, and I think the rain killed my Garmin. I don't know why, since I've used it in the rain a zillion times. But now the touch screen won't work, and it looks like there's a little puddle under the screen. Well, it still works as a watch, but I just can't make it do anything else. So I guess I'm in the market for a new GPS. After a quick search, I think I might just get a Garmin Forerunner 10. It's very simple, but that's all I need. I don't need to spend $450 on something that has a "virtual training partner" or tracks my VO2max. Even the HRMs always seem to stop working for me after a couple months. The Forerunner 10 is cheap ($130) and has everything I need -- which is to say a GSP and a stopwatch...

So anyway, I ran again today without the GPS. I ran at the park near me where I know the distance of the loop, so I logged it as 12 miles. That's the farthest I've gone in a while. I'm still slow as a turtle, but I think the stamina is starting to come back...
#45 of 45 Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
((Theia)) I hate ankles!

Bob, try packing your Garmin in a quart ziplock back with a cup of rice. Leave it for a couple of weeks and it might come back from the dead.

((Mindi)) Smart decision to fight another day (via FB).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page