30's Fall running and cooler temps Sept 29-Oct 5 - Page 2 - KickRunners.com
 3Likes

#26 of 53 Old 10-02-2014, 05:53 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
I had already planned to post this, but its funny timing since boB is all chatting about sports. Tee hee....

I have on cute shoes today. Probably the only/last time i get to wear them this year... (No, these are not my legs.)

Funny thing is its throwing people at work off to have me be tall. Heh.

Between being sick and no sleep my mileage last month sucks too.

Which bring me to report that i ran 2 both yesterday and today with Oskar. Weeee! Just taking it easy, seeing how i (and by that i mean my back)
do with a little bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 53 Old 10-02-2014, 08:00 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3
bOb - that is good news! I hope you are in! Still a little bummed though that I couldn't get in.

In rather crappy news, I am seriously worried about my ability to run Chicago. If it were this weekend, I know I'd be a DNS. I was hoping by today I'd feel good enough to run a couple of mile repeats (or at least one) at goal race pace. Nope. First couple miles hurt and were slow. Then I loosened up and was able to get down to an 8:30 pace, but didn't feel comfortable trying to push any harder than that. And striders? No way. Still worried I might really aggravate something. So that's a bummer. I keep thinking about Missy saying she was a mess until GB and then was fine, but I am starting to worry it just might not happen. I am not going to Chicago to run a slow marathon and risk a longer term injury. F#%!^@%*!&k.
#28 of 53 Old 10-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
I have on cute shoes today. Probably the only/last time i get to wear them this year... (No, these are not my legs.)
Obviously not! Not with those wimpy-looking calves... Hope your back continues to improve.

RIL - Hay's in the barn. Take a few days and heal it up, then work on your short speed in the last few days prior. You got this!

We have a night game against Arizona tonight with a 7:30 pm PST start time, so a 16-hour work day for me.
Timr1 likes this.

#29 of 53 Old 10-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
I think we need a pic of Kath's bare legs in those shoes to compare the calves...

Heal up, RIL! I think Duck's right: You've already done all the training you need for Chicago. The important thing for the next week and a half is to get and stay healthy. I've got my fingers crossed that you'll be okay by then...

I ran 5 miles yesterday. At the track, I bumped into a friend of mine who was just finishing up his run. He ran 2 "cool down" miles with me so that we could chat. I ran harder during those "cool down" miles than I did for the rest of the run. More proof of how slow I've gotten. There's another 5k race near me this Sunday. I'm not registered yet, but I think I'll show up for it. I'll at least see if I can improve on last weekend's time...
#30 of 53 Old 10-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
Obviously not! Not with those wimpy-looking calves... .
[snort]

She needs to do a gazillion squats & lunges and run... Jeez, i dont know... Probably 35-40,000 miles to catch up. Ha ha ha!!!

I had to go out to the warehouse to get some supplies. Its TOTALLY freaking the managers (and a couple of the packer guys that I work with somewhat regularly) that I am or almost am eye level with them today. HA! HA! HA! (They make me 5'8".)
#31 of 53 Old 10-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post
I think we need a pic of Kath's bare legs in those shoes to compare the calves...

THere ought to be video of me trying to take this pic. HAHAHA! I tried to match the pose, but it is so not natural! Who stands like that? Even just this photo caused all kinds of cramping, and i had to grab the radiator for balance. And it's still a crappy pic. [snort]

PS. I wore them with skinny jeans, not bare legged.
Timr1 likes this.
#32 of 53 Old 10-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Special Member

Kath has some seriously hawt legs!
Timr1 likes this.
#33 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 06:06 AM
Addicted Member

Well, definitely more muscular than that shoe model, if that is even a real person.

I bet those legs were created in a program like Maya or something.
#34 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 08:08 AM - Thead Starter
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's I had a great day off yesterday and only spent 20 minutes at the DMV. It was awesome. I ran 5 and lifted then watched baseball and spent the whole day with the wifey.

RIL so sorry I hope you heal up fast. Speaking of healing my daughter will be watching from the sidelines this weekend as her hip isn't getting better.

Kath nice legs!
#35 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Special Member

What is Maya?

Ron - sorry to hear your DS is hurt. Sounds like a good day for you yesterday!

Today is a rest day and I am feeling a lot better. Feeling hopeful folks!
#36 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post
What is Maya?
!
A 3d drawing software. Lots of photos you see on packaging arent the actual thing... The agencies i worked for had a guy who recreated things in maya. Here, let me look...

Here we go...I designed the packaging, but co-worker Brian drew the ice cups

More of my packaging, but he drew the strawberries

And he drew this entire display of packaging that i did.

Aaaaand i'll quit boring you with my old work crap.

But see? Those legs could have come from a software like maya.
#37 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Addicted Member

Ps. Yay for RIL'S butt getting better!!

And i hope Ron's daughter feels better too. Sitting out sucks.
#38 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Special Member

Wow - that is pretty cool (the software).

Speaking of meets - DS had one last night! DS2 couldn't run because they didn't let the 6th graders run. It was a super hard course and DS ended up 5th. He was super upset, but I personally thought it was good for him to have a little piece of humble pie. Not every race is the best or the easiest. I WAS super proud of his friend though, who is the boy I ran the half with us this summer. For every meet, he'd fall back just a bit, then would crank it up a notch the last .25 mile or so and pass several people. I swear it was a mental thing that he didn't think he could keep up with the leaders, but he was consistently coming in 3rd or 4th, even though he'd be 8th or 10th through much of the beginning of the race. Yesterday, I told him to get out there from the beginning and race hard - don't wait until the very end of the race. He did and he crushed it! Ended up coming in 2nd overall, but first out of his teammates. It was cool.
#39 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Addicted Member

Woohoo, hot legs!

Maya is an Autodesk product, right? I've heard of it, but only becuase of my familiarity with Autodesk...

Yeesh, Duck, your Ducks have trouble with Arizona, eh? I think the Ducks can still make the playoffs, but there's no room for error left. Gotta run the table from here...

So as I've said before, I've been eyeballing Charleston SC on Jan 17 for my potential return to marathoning. For fun, I went to check airfares. I can't get a direct flight from Newark to Charleston, and it's typically cheaper to fly nonstop to major airports. So first I checked for the cost a ticket to Atlanta, figuring I could rent a car and drive from there. (I like roadtripping, especially in areas that are new to me). The cost of a ticket to Atlanta for that weekend is about $320. Not too bad actually, considering how airfare has gotten lately.

Atlanta is a bit of a hike from Charleston (over 200 miles), so that's a little more roadtripping that I'd really prefer for a 48-hour trip. So for fun, I wanted to see how much it would cost to fly to Charleston. Well, the flight I found includes the exact same outbound flight to Atlanta, where I would have a brief layover, before boarding a short flight to Charleston. This, of course, would get me to Charleston faster than getting off that same plane and driving. So the cost of this flight? $213! Yup, it's over $100 cheaper to take the Atlanta flight PLUS a connection than to take the Atlanta flight by itself. That makes no sense to me. I mean, if you wanted to fly to Atlanta, you're better off buying a ticket to Charleston and then just not getting on the second plane...

Anyway... Since this is so cheap, maybe I oughtta book a trip now. And if I register for the race, maybe it'll give me the kick in the butt I need to train properly. I really probably ought to do this... And the timing works well if I do actually get to run Boston. (Still no official word on that yet). On the other hand, Boston doesn't work so well if a group of us go to Fargo ND. I might not be capable of running both Boston and Fargo. Might be a little close together...

So what should I do? Register for Charleston?
#40 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post
Woohoo, hot legs!

So what should I do? Register for Charleston?
don't make any decisions until you get drunk..or at least buzzed.

Woof! 2nd week of my marathon training. My legs have that no-so-fresh feeling. Tomorrow's 17 should be interesting.

DD is in the high school marching band now...we have an away game tonight. So I'll be wrapping up work shortly and heading in that direction. Busy weekend with football game tonight, band competition tomorrow evening and DS has a travel ball tournament on Sunday.

Happy Friday!!!

Oh and nice legs!
#41 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
WOOOOOOOT!!!

do it, bob!!
#42 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Special Member

WOOOOOT!!! hawt legs, katho!! why did you hide those in jeans?!? also, i love seeing your work. any and all of it

do it, bob!

RIL, i'm glad you're feeling better. keep the hope up!! it can still happen!

ron, hoorah for a great day off!

i got in 2.5 miles this morning with bella while AK was in gymnastics class.

happily, the ILs have gone up north to see the foliage. i'm thankful for a bit of a breather before they come back and we spend the rest of the week together.
#43 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Special Member

also, how have we not discussed the marathon WR falling last sunday?! unbelievable. 4:42 avg/mile?! amaze balls.
#44 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
WOOOOOT!!! hawt legs, katho!! why did you hide those in jeans?!? also, i love seeing your work. any and all of it

It was chilly here to begin with, and my office is a meat locker on top of it. So jeans. (I do wear shorts a lot in summer, its just too cold already.)

2) thanks. Work stuff is just boring though.

Can you tell i really dont feel like working today? Im so ready for the weekend. Think tonight I'm going to happy hour with a co-worker, which will be fun. This week rather calls for it. Is it 5 yet?

Which brings me to, boB, i think you ought to have a cocktail.

RIL, thats great about the other kid!!

And i <3 marching band. My nephew plays bass drum in his hs marching band. His hs hosted a marching band festival 2 weeks or so ago. SO fun to watch. What instrument does your daughter play Tim?
#45 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Member

Someone fell in a marathon?

Bob, I dont know who makes maya. I just know it does some amazing/crazy/cool things.
#46 of 53 Old 10-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post

And i <3 marching band. My nephew plays bass drum in his hs marching band. His hs hosted a marching band festival 2 weeks or so ago. SO fun to watch. What instrument does your daughter play Tim?
She plays bass drum in the drumline. I tried to attach a picture...if I remember how.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg z23.jpg (56.6 KB, 5 views)
#47 of 53 Old 10-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Special Member

WARNING: SHAMELESS BRAG ON MY KID POST AHEAD

Holy crap! Awesome morning here! First of all, my butt is no longer broken. YAY! James wanted to 5k this morning and I was *this close* to running it at goal race pace since I haven't been able to do that for the last 2 weeks. Fortunately reason prevailed and I decided to just watch rather than risk anything. Thank goodness I did. My boy TORE IT UP out there. He ran 17:09, winning the race and setting a course record. His buddy came in second (one of my halfers) in 17:26 and his little bro who is in 5th grade broke 20. I am so glad I got to see that! Woot! That is a 2+ minute PR for James. I told him to relish it as that is not likely to ever happen again (that big of a PR, course record and win).
Okay, I'm done now. Off to run my scheduled 30 minutes easy on my NON BROKEN boootay.
#48 of 53 Old 10-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Addicted Member

Holy cow, RIL! Awesome job by your kid and his friends!

And wow, what a college football Saturday! A whole bunch of great game so far today! And I don't mean our tickle fight against Tennessee. I'm glad we won, but jeez, both teams suck...
#49 of 53 Old 10-05-2014, 04:43 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Go racers go!!!!!! Goon, brandy and Dom at TCM - with Crane Sherpaing - anyone else toeing the line?
#50 of 53 Old 10-05-2014, 08:30 AM
Addicted Member

I did another 5k race this morning. And I got basically the exact same time I got last Sunday. Within 1 second. I may be slow, but at least I'm consistent.

This was a smaller race (about 100 runners, as opposed to 200 last weekend). My time was only good enough for 12th in my Age Group last week, but it was good for 2nd this week. Too bad they only gave awrads to the top person in each Age Group. Oh well. No hardware. I think I should get used to that...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page