Final Week of August (8/25/14 - 8/31/14) - Page 2 - KickRunners.com
 5Likes

#26 of 42 Old 08-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Hilarious that you both used that word. When I taught spinning, I had a new (to me) guy in class one evening. I went over before class to ask him if he'd done spinning before and make sure he didn't need help setting up, etc. He said, "Oh, I've done this before. I'm excited for your class, though. I've heard you're a real BEAST!!!" The guy next to him, a regular, immediately starting screaming, "Best! Best! I said you're the best!!!!" I looked at guy 2 and said, "I know what you said. You want beast? You'll get beast." And then I taught the hardest class I had ever taught.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 42 Old 08-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's tonight is the start of college football so I hope I get home in time to watch most of the BSU v. Mississippi game. Go Broncos!!!! I will probably just relax tonight. It has been a long week. Tomorrow the plan is to drop daughter off at XC and go for a longish run. As close to 10 as I can get. Before I will hit the gym to lift a little first.

Theia I have done those workouts and if sounds like something jazzy so I just need to figure out what to do. Thanks!!!

Kath I love the dog pics.

Bob are you and GoV going to make a small wager on the game this weekend.
#28 of 42 Old 08-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

#29 of 42 Old 08-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Wow RIL, what a race for you guys! Congrats!

Anyway, I'm back in NJ after vacation. We had an awesome time in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, even if I didn't run the marathon. I'll post a few pics in a minute...

I ran twice while I was out there, and I really struggled. It basically convinced me that I'm not in shape to do the 20k this Monday. However, in retrospect, it was probably the altitude that gave me fits. My run in Yellowstone was at 7800 feet. Today back home at sea level, I managed 8 miles. It wasn't pretty or fast, but I made it thru. So now I'm thinking that if I could go 8 miles (without walking) today, I should be able to do 12.4 miles on Monday, even if it means I have to walk a few of the miles. I'll probably end up with my PW at this distance over the 11 years I've run this race. But to me, it'll be worth it to keep the streak going...

Ron, I don't think I want to bet GoV on the game this weekend. We're favored by 36.5?? Somebody's on crack. We might not score 36 points between now and the end of September. I never thought I'd say this, but I think we're a basketball school now. And a women's soccer school...
#30 of 42 Old 08-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Addicted Member

Hmm, I can't upload photos from my computer? I can only include ones I have uploaded elsewhere? Well, for now, I'll just include the one I poisted on FB. Y'all will have to wait for more photos...

theia likes this.
#31 of 42 Old 08-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post
Wow RIL, what a race for you guys! Congrats!

Anyway, I'm back in NJ after vacation. We had an awesome time in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, even if I didn't run the marathon. I'll post a few pics in a minute...

I ran twice while I was out there, and I really struggled.
bOb - first, welcome back and great pics! second, thanks re the boys. third, every time I run out there it kicks my butt. It's definitely the altitude, not your fitness.
#32 of 42 Old 08-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailarie View Post
Howdy folks, and hurrah for humpday!

Spinning and BP
remind me what BP is again? i'm sure i know but right now i don't. lmao.

Quote:
even if it means I have to walk a few of the miles. I'll probably end up with my PW at this distance over the 11 years I've run this race. But to me, it'll be worth it to keep the streak going...
i agree. that's an impressive streak!!! why break it if you can be disciplined enough to walk as needed and not risk injury?

i hereby propose that we change theia's name from theia to... beast. who seconds???

RIL, such an impressive race report. there so much awesomeness in it - i couldn't help but smile the entire way through. amazing!!
#33 of 42 Old 08-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
forgot to add: super cute puppy pics!

and also, jillian is growing up so quickly!!!
#34 of 42 Old 08-29-2014, 06:48 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post
third, every time I run out there it kicks my butt. It's definitely the altitude, not your fitness.
Definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
remind me what BP is again? i'm sure i know but right now i don't.

i hereby propose that we change theia's name from theia to... beast. who seconds???
1. Body Pump
2. Ummmmmm, can we change it to Moon's nickname for me instead? Just kidding. I love being called names at the Y! It makes me think I'm doing my job well. GoV thinks it's very odd that I love when people call me Beast, The Devil, Satan, etc, but I take strange pride in it.
#35 of 42 Old 08-29-2014, 06:48 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
and also, jillian is growing up so quickly!!!
When I saw the pic on FB, I thought, "Hmm, what super grown-up kid did they borrow for that pic?"
#36 of 42 Old 08-29-2014, 07:37 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
I think BP is body pump. Could be wrong though.

Thats a great report RIL!

Bob, altitude will suck the life out of you for sure. Blech.

Speaking of, all the people time this last week is sucking the life out of me. Im so mentally exhausted right now. Those of you on the introvert end of the scale know exactly what im talking about.

So Im REALLY looking forward to 4 days of being a hermit. Or at least only being around people if i want to be. Oh! And today is kind of the start of that, because my assistant, the bully, and the owner of the company are all off today, which means that I Am the OnLY ONE on this end of the hallway!!!! Other than some warehouse noise (my office window opens to the warehouse, not outside) it is wonderfully quiet in here. And ive already finished 95% of what i had to do today, so...

And drinks with Renee last night were fun. We got to blow off some Open House steam.

And i got up to walk O this morning, and as if hanging out with that goofy boy isnt enough of a reward (really, it is) i got to watch a GORGEOUS sunrise over (and reflected in) the river: the river and surrounding trees were all black silhouette, but the skyline was glowing Orange that bled into lavender. So so pretty.
#37 of 42 Old 08-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Addicted Member

Yeah, it makes sense that it was the altitude that was hampering me. But I've run at those altitudes before. I've run martahons in Utah, Wyoming and Montana at altitudes greater than 1 mile, and the Wyoming one was around 7500 feet. So I didn't think I should be getting winded after only 2.5 miles earlier this week. But I was younger, and in much better shape for those martahons. Well, I guess I proved that I'm not in shape now to run a marathon at altitude. So I think it's a good thing that I didn't attempt to run in Idaho. (Ahston ID elevation = almost exactly 1 mile). But hopefully I can run (or run/walk) 12.4 miles at sea level. And like I said before, I don't care if I set a PW for the distance.

And yup, DD is growing up quickly. Second grade? How did she get there already? Well, all of youse guys' kids are sure growing up too. For example, I met RIL's kids a little over two years ago, and they already look so much more grown up in RIL's Race Report...
#38 of 42 Old 08-29-2014, 08:44 AM
Special Member

Quote:
And yup, DD is growing up quickly. Second grade? How did she get there already? Well, all of youse guys' kids are sure growing up too. For example, I met RIL's kids a little over two years ago, and they already look so much more grown up in RIL's Race Report...
Man, I hear you. James is going into EIGHTH grade. And Jake into SIXTH. That just doesn't seem possible.

Kath - enjoy your 4 day weekend!

We have inlaws coming into town. Planning to watch the FSU game tomorrow night - woot.

I ran 9.5 this morning. Hoping to run short tonight too. With Sunday's 3 hours run, I should be close to 70 miles this week. I haven't done that in a LONG time (2 years).
#39 of 42 Old 08-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post
Man, I hear you. James is going into EIGHTH grade. And Jake into SIXTH. That just doesn't seem possible).
My nephew will start driving in the next 6 months.

#40 of 42 Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
My nephew will start driving in the next 6 months.

Mila has been practice driving for a while and just needs to take the road test. And she's going to be 17 in a month!
#41 of 42 Old 08-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Special Member

Happy Saturday folks! I was sort of a beast today because I wanted to get in some extra mileage. I was scheduled for an hour, but ended up being: 3 mile warm up / 5k with Jake (22:5; 1 hour easy - 7 miles. That's just over 13 and perfect. With my long run tomorrow, I should def hit 70 miles for the week and that makes me a very happy camper.

James was hoping to break 19 today. He missed it, but got yet another PR. 19:17. Good stuff. Now I am getting errands done before watching the Noles!
#42 of 42 Old 08-31-2014, 05:50 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
We pulled off an awesome surprise and took the kiddos to the one direction concert for an early birthday gift for dd. They put on an impressive show, even though I'm not a directioneer

I've been sick and I'm starting to be concerned about the sprint next Saturday. I feel better today than yesterday, so I just have to wait it out. I started antibiotics Thursday, so I really should be getting better soon!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page