8/4-8/10 It's a new dawn, it's a new day! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 25 Old 08-04-2014, 06:11 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46
8/4-8/10 It's a new dawn, it's a new day!

It's going to be a good week.

So says I!

Go get 'em 30's!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 25 Old 08-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Nice positive attitude, BigG! Especially for a Monday...

So I tried a run yesterday. My left claf cramped up almost immediately. I ran/hobbled for about a mile and quarter, hoping it would loosen up, but it didn't. So I stopped, turned around, and walked back home...

Well, if nothing else, this has made me decide with 100% certainty that I'm not gonna try to run in Idaho. Oh well. Looks like I'll need to make another trip to Idaho some other year. I guess that doesn't really do damage anywhere except to my wallet....

Now the next thing in jeopardy is the New Haven 20k on Labor Day. That's 9 days after the Idaho marathon, and obviously is a little less than half the distance. Right now, I don't know if I'll be ready for it. I've done this race 10 years in a row, and I've been hoping I could streak here for another couple decades, at least. I'm starting to have doubts about that... There's a 5k option, and if all else fails, maybe I can downgrade from the 20k to the 5k. I was hoping to keep streaking at the 20k, but I guess the 5k would be better than nothing. Assuming I can even make it thru 5k four weeks from now. I hope I can...

So anyway, I am clearly back to the square zero in terms of marathon training. It's looking like the earliest I can even THINK about attempting a martahon would be December or January. Those are not exactly prime martahon months. Looking at the calendar, the leading candidate for a race I want to do in a new state would be Rock N Roll San Antonio on Dec 7. That's 18 weeks from now. Giving myself another week or two of rest, if I can actually get myself healed, then maybe that'll be my next goal... We'll see...

Wow, that was a long self-centered post. Sorry about that...
#3 of 25 Old 08-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's Thanks for the Birthday wishes. We kind of just hung around the house all weekend. Nothing much was planned. I did get in some good workouts so that is always good. It kind of rained a little over the weekend and caused it to be really humid for us.

BigG it is going to be a good week!!!

Bob there are marathons in CA in January have you done one here?

#4 of 25 Old 08-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Sorry to hear that, Bob. I completely get what you're going through!

Rode bikes with the kids yesterday on the rail trail that I do my long runs on. Other than that, it was mostly a rest day for me.

Football reports in today, so it all starts again here at work.
#5 of 25 Old 08-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Howdy, folks!

BigG - Heh.. I like the positive outlook! Infectious!

Bob - Meh. I'm sorry that things haven't gone the way you'd have preferred for Idaho (and now possibly other events.)

Ron - I happen to enjoy the hang-around-the-house weekends! Sounds perfect!

Duckster - FOOSEBALL!!! So very happy that preseason games are starting up.

Me - as some of you may have seen on FB, I ran again this weekend. Chump change compared to most of you, but big stuff for me. Yesterday I ran 4 (non stop) on the treadmill, and then walked another two after. 6 miles covered in one session.. the most I've done since surgery, period. The glutes and very upper part of the quads barked at me all during the afternoon and overnight, but now, things feel pretty good. The knees are a little tight, but not painful - which is the biggest issue.. Who knows.. I might be able to actually run (by 1 month from now) half of the half marathon, instead of having to walk most of it.

Regardless... THAT is going to hurt, I'm sure. However, I already have a deep tissue massage scheduled for recovery purposes that afternoon.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!
#6 of 25 Old 08-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Hi.
#7 of 25 Old 08-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's tonight I am hoping to lift a little. It has cooled down a little here and it felt great this morning. Now I am ready to get this work day over with.

duck it is too soon to start thinking about football.

Ailarie that is great about the run.

Kath why are you up so late?
#8 of 25 Old 08-05-2014, 08:47 AM - Thead Starter

~~~~~~~~~~~~Healing Vibes for boB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (There's still FARGO in the Spring to think about. amiright?)

~~~~~~~~~and anyone else that needs some healing vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just had second breakfast and am wondering what I'll have for first lunch.
#9 of 25 Old 08-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGahoona View Post
There's still FARGO in the Spring to think about. amiright?

We all still thinking about that? Sounds good to me. For the record, fort hose interested, here's the website...
#10 of 25 Old 08-05-2014, 02:53 PM - Thead Starter

I'm still thinking about Fargo.
#11 of 25 Old 08-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Fargo is baby m's birthday weekend, so it would be a family trip or a no for me.

In other news, I joined a team for a 24 hour bike ride this weekend. We are raising funds for a court appointed special advocate program here that serves abused and neglected children.

I also confirmed that I'm doing rev 3 cedar point sprint on sept 6.

The weekend wasn't so hot on the workouts, but I got out for a decent bike ride tonight

Don't believe everything you think
#12 of 25 Old 08-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Kath why are you up so late?
Huh? I was in bed by 10:15 last night.

Shoot. Now I'm having a brain fart.

Till I remember the other, I ran 2 this morning, then walked O 2, and when I got home from work walked him 2 more and Bob around the block (1/2 mile).

I can't think about Fargo yet. WIth any luck I'll be buying a house or moving or something.
#13 of 25 Old 08-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 6
Hi all - Bard and I have been busy the past week. We've been not only working on getting our vacation plans together, but also starting to work on getting my parents out this way (they're slated to come out in September.) We've been out and about more often than not, and have a pretty busy next few weeks. We got to celebrate Bard's birthday yesterday at home - cooked up some szechwan green beans and some birthday pie (we're both more into pie than cake for sure.)

I got a nice surprise - I apparently got an age group medal for my duathlon. Of course, it's one of those things where I was the third of three in my age group, but what the hey, right?

Fer and 2oh! Great to see old friends drop by here - hope you check in more often.

BigG - love the positivity and the running streak

boB - hopefully the forced layoff helps you heal up for a good season next year

Kath - that water situation just absolutely bites; I'm hoping that's the last of that for you and anywhere around there for awhile

KP & T - we'll probably be through GR a couple Saturdays from now around lunchtime; we'll let you know more details as time gets closer

Fargo - maybe? I'd definitely like to get back to marathoning, but not this year for certain. I would love to keep my improvement in my biking going though for more duathlons next year, so I'll have a lot to think of as the fall gets here.

Sign that the season's a changing? Just got my batch of fantasy football league invites - looks like it's just around the corner

Here's hoping for a good Wednesday and a good solid rest of the week for you all
#14 of 25 Old 08-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoonptdeux View Post

Kath - that water situation just absolutely bites; I'm hoping that's the last of that for you and anywhere around there for awhile
It does. We haven't had enough weather (wind, rain, whatever) to make the algae go away. THe ban has been lifted, but the giant glob of algae is still there, probably for another week.

I just looked at the dates for Fargo. If I'm still at this job, I likely won't be able to go, because that is right before Spring Quilt Market. But hey, if I have to go to that it's in Minneapolis, so maybe I can see Crane and/or Goon.
#15 of 25 Old 08-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's it has cooled down here this week and today it felt awesome walking from the train station. It should be around 80 here at work and in the high 70's at home. Lately I have been wide awake at around 1 for a couple of hours. This makes it difficult to wake up and workout in the morning. I need to figure that one out.

Big G what was for breakfast today?

Bob you must be getting excited about your vacation.

amichel the 24 hour bike ride sounds fun. How much do you have to ride?

Kath I guess I can't tell time.

Moon where are you going on vacation?
#16 of 25 Old 08-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
Hhhhiiiiiiii.

Work continues to get in the way of more fun things in my life - like coming in here!
This week is more manageable so I'll take it!

Wow. We've got some mega workouts/races going on out there! You all inspire me. I'm plugging along, trying to workout 4-5x a week. This morning was Zumba with my favorite instructor which was a lot of fun.

Bob, I feel for you because I've been there but it sounds like you're being smart about the whole thing so I know you'll be back on track in no time.

Congrats Moonie! An AG award is an AG award!

BigG, second breakfast is the best breakfast! Is DD feeling better this week? It makes me sad she was sad - she's such a great kid!

Theia, you are rocking away with those workouts! Are you sleeping better, too? Is there a correlation? Had fun at the shore?

Happy belated birthday, Ron! Hope you had a good one. How was your jaunt to my hood? Did you get shot at?

Alicat, RAWR for getting out of your comfort zone and (safely) pushing it!

Amichel, good luck this weekend!

RIL, woot on the mileage! Looks like you're having a wonderful vacay, too!

Duck, Congrats to Mila and her chickens! Wow. She's so talented in so many ways!

I spent the day putting the house back together.. Now I'm off to the Y for AK's swim class and then Costco. Tomorrow is member's night at the Bronx zoo and I couldn't be more excited! Heh.
#17 of 25 Old 08-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Addicted Member

Jeez Missy, busy much? and HIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

I was having totally jacked up dreams last night which were completely disruptive, so didn't get much sleep and couldn't get up this morning. ( <- I really like that smilie.) Ended up walking O 3 and then Bob .5 when I got home from work.

Is it sad I was in my pajamas by 7:30? Wiped Out. Oy.

Goon's pug makes me giggle every time I see it.
#18 of 25 Old 08-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Addicted Member

I slept! Woohoo!

So got up and ran 1 by myself and 2 with OsKar. That boy is so darn funny. Sometimes he needs to stop and frolic for a few seconds in the middle. Always in the same place (on the hill where he likes to slip and slide), which happens to be in front of a construction crew replacing a bridge on River Rd. They always laugh at us,

So much for having a badass dog.
#19 of 25 Old 08-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's this is another week that has wiped me out. This weekend should be fun. The wife and I are going down to the Del Mar race track on Saturday. We will watch some races and after the races the Counting Crows will be playing. Tomorrow we are preping for our office move so we will be throwing a lot of stuff away.

Kath I am glad you slept I wish I could sleep better.
#20 of 25 Old 08-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
Jeez Missy, busy much? and HIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!
Omg. It's been insane. Like, out of an ER episode insane at work so I literally am running around for 14 hrs/day.

Hhhhhiiiiiiii back! I love that O helped himself to water!

32 mins on the elliptical...

Hey Ron, thanks to you I'm hooked on Perfect Bars. Sooooooo yum. I just bought another box.

It's a gorgeous day and we're going to the zoo tonight!!
#21 of 25 Old 08-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Addicted Member

Hiya, everyone! I hope you all are well...

I think I'm almost re-healed (again). I may try a run tomorrow or Saturday...

Two weeks from now I'll be on vacation. Can't come soon enough...
#22 of 25 Old 08-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Addicted Member

So I finally figured out how to answer my new cell phone. Apparently you have to SLIIIIIIIIIIDE the little icon, not just press it. Duh.

Ok, you can stop laughing now.

Really.

And no, I don't spend gobs of time playing with the thing. Mostly I send some texts. I am not dialed in all the time.
#23 of 25 Old 08-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's today in our office it is the great purge. We are doing our late Spring cleaning and preping for our office move. I can't wait for the day to be over. I'll have to figure out how to get some work done too.

Missy 14 hour days suck. I love the bars too. Which one is your favorite? I like them all but maybe a slight edge to the cranberry one.

Bob I need a vacation too.

Kath I hear you. My kids are always showing how to use new technology.
#24 of 25 Old 08-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Happy Friday everybody.

We had a date night at the Tom Petty/Steve Winwood concert last night. Very fun.

Got in a nice run in the afternoon. Got flashed by a couple of topless sunbathers! Pretty funny.

Mila's XC practices continue. She had struggled with breathing the previous day doing some hill work. I had her take a puff off of my albuterol yesterday prior to dropping her off and she said it made an amazing amount of difference for her, so I think we'll call her doctor today about getting her an asthma Rx.
#25 of 25 Old 08-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Addicted Member

WOOHOO Duck!!

How's Mila doing?

I'm making a tshirt with some light sensitive dye I got from work. It's in the washer now, washing the extra dye out. Have to put it through another cycle yet, then we'll see how it turned out. Pretty sure I'm getting more of this for my nephew for his birthday. (I wanted to test it before I gave it to him, because you know, I'm the cool aunt. Can't be giving him a crappy bday gift. )

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page