6/14/2014 - 7/20/2014 happenings - Page 3 - KickRunners.com
 19Likes

#51 of 60 Old 07-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Kath, how did the garage sale go for you?

I fly out to Miami in the morning for a conference. Should be kind of fun, but it's a looong trip.

Last night's exercise was splitting firewood. It's a good workout, I kept going until a blister stopped me. Today should be a run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 of 60 Old 07-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
I don't want to go into a lot of details about someone else's personal life, so I will just say count your blessings, everyone. I got a healthy reminder of that at lunchtime today when I ran into someone I know who has been diagnosed with MS. (((30s)))
#53 of 60 Old 07-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Good fucking afternoon, everyone. I hope y'all are well.

(Just a test of the censor system there).

I just completed a workout on the TM. My sciatica has mostly cleared up (for now), but it left me with a sore left calf. If I were smart (which obviously I'm not), I'd wait a while longer before running on it. But I've got the airport 5k tomorrow, which I've done 9 times before, and I don't want to skip it. Plus, I've got a bunch of friends who will be there also. So I wanted to get on the TM and test everything out.

I started out at a walking pace, and then gradually increased the speed. I could feel the tight calf the entire time, but it was a constant feeling. It never got worse as I got faster. By the end of 2.5 miles, I got it as fast as 8.0 mph, and it didn't feel any worse than it did in the beginning. So I think I'm satisfied that I'm good to go for tomorrow. There's no way in **** that I'll attempt a PR. (My two fastest 5k times are at this course). In fact, I might end up with one of slowest 5ks ever. But that's okay. It'll be worth it just to get it done...
BigGahoona likes this.

#54 of 60 Old 07-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3
Good fucking luck at the airport 5k bOb. I know you've PRed there before. Anyhoo - glad you are feeling somewhat better.

Theia - so sorry to hear it. We are blessed, indeed.

I just ran 50 minutes with DH. It was hot, but was very nice to have the company. We are childless tonight, so going to head out for dinner soon.
BigGahoona likes this.
#55 of 60 Old 07-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Good luck, Bob!

Theia, I've had a few friends with MS. Very unpredictable disease.

Yay for date nights, RIL!

I got out for 6 miles. Still struggling with the heat or something. I'm trying to decide if I want to jump on a Cascades Lakes Relay team in two weeks as a last minute replacement. Right now, I'm thinking that I just don't have the fitness to run it hard, so I'd probably want to jump on a non-competitive team. There are lots of requests out there for substitutes currently.

5 am flight out towards Miami tomorrow morning!
#56 of 60 Old 07-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Duck - how's the humidity out your way? Sometimes that doesn't seem to bad and then sneaks up on me and sucks the life out.

The garage sale a couple weeks ago went ok I guess. Got rid of stuff but didn't make much $$ cause I had it priced to GO. heh.

I slept in this morning (YAY SLEEP!) so didn't walk O till after work. We went a couple few miles.
#57 of 60 Old 07-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3
Yay for sleep! I slept in this morning too. Then I picked up DS1 from camp! He'd been gone all week, so it was SO nice to see him again. We promptly got out for 3 miles on the trail. Gosh I love running with that kid. I then did 4 more on my own with 4 striders. Life is good.
#58 of 60 Old 07-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Well, I survived the race. It was a perfect July day for a race -- cloudy and not-so-hot. My left calf was still bothering me, so I kept it slow. It's too bad I had to do that, because it was perfect PR conditions. In fact, 4 people I know PRed there today. I hobbled my way in around 24:30. And now my calf is really bothering me. I'm limping like crazy. Well, hopefully I'll be okay for the Pizza Run on Wednesday if I rest it up...
#59 of 60 Old 07-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Addicted Member

(((boB))))

I walked about 7 miles today, split up between the boys. 6 with OsKar and 1 with Bob.
#60 of 60 Old 07-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Addicted Member

Morning!

Walked O 3 miles this morning. Need to go throw some pots (I think some pumpkin luminaries today). I've been putting it off cause I haven't had my back worked on at all this weekend..... but I need to get them done.

I'm taking O to a concert in the park tonight, and hanging out with friends. yeehaw!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page