#26 of 70 Old 06-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
Should I be insulted by this?
nah.

its going to take me forever to get to addicted member status!!!

we had a lovely play date at our park/beach today. AK and her friend ethan ran around and dug holes with sticks, picked up leaves to feed imaginary dinosaurs, then found a turtle sun bathing and followed him back to the pond. it was a quintessential summer day and everything enjoyed it very much.

the afternoon was spent number crunching. its time to revisit our budget and see how our finances are now that half of 2014 is over..

wooooooooot for a svelte duck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 70 Old 06-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
philip, unless i quote another post i'm unable to utilize the bold and italics feature, correct?
#28 of 70 Old 06-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
AMY!!!

Check in please. Unless you got sucked up in that tornado.

#29 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 02:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
All is well here. We barely had a storm, the tornado was about 60 miles southwest of me.

The little bit of storm we had was enough to cancel the brick with friends. Trainer ride at home instead. Heading out for the hill run shortly, then tonight I will kayak for the open water swim practice. I've been having trouble with my ear and finally had it checked yesterday. Medication and orders not to swim for 5 days I'm flying Friday, so I'm taking it seriously!

Don't believe everything you think
#30 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 03:56 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
What fun to have such an active thread!! It has been a while.

No swim for me this morning. I have been sleeping even more poorly than usual, so I opted to stay in bed an extra hour for more tossing and turning.

Duck, how tall are you?
#31 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 04:12 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Interesting news:

Meb runs in the ATL Peachtree Road Race

The Boston Marathon winner is going to start at the END Of the Peachtree Road Race here in Atl on July 4th. He's running as a charity participant, of course. Good for him, but I think he has no idea how (at that point) most of the people in the last few corralls are walkers, and he'll be zig-zagging a lot to move around people.

His goal is to finish in 30 minutes. Without the human traffic - easy peasy for him. With what he's going to have to deal with, plus that he won't be starting until at least 9 or 9:30 am - (meaning it will be at least 80 degrees and with high humidity) I'm curious to see if he can pull it off. GO MEB, regardless!
#32 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2
Hellllloooo all! Count me in with the super sore and sleeping poorly. WOOF. Good news is after hours and hours of travel and diverted flights, J made it to NYC around 4 a.m. this morning and will be here for a few days. The kittehs and I are beyond happy to have him home!

More good news is tonight I'm having dinner with a bunch of girlfriends at Bobby Flay's newest restaurant, Gato I have an overwhelming number of wants from the menu already!

Amy - glad to hear you're OK, take care of that ear!
#33 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
philip, unless i quote another post i'm unable to utilize the bold and italics feature, correct?
It should show for you. Have you tried hitting the go advanced button at the bottom near reply? I checked your account from my control panel and you have the WYSIWYG editor enabled.
#34 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
I did a little quick math... According to the sidebar, I joined kick in June 2007. That's 7 years ago, or approximately 2567 days ago. Since I've posted 10,514 messages (counting this one), that averages out to 4.1 per day, every day, for the last 7 years. Yeesh. I certainly don't post like that now. I posted three yesterday, and that was a lot. So if I'm averaging less than that now (way less, probably), that means I must've been post-whoring up a storm at the beginning. Either that, or the total is way off...

Anyhoo, I ran 3 easy miles yesterday. Not sure what I'll do today. Maybe another easy run, or maybe something long, hard, and/or hilly. (I hope that doesn't sound too dirty).

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningINnyc View Post
More good news is tonight I'm having dinner with a bunch of girlfriends at Bobby Flay's newest restaurant, Gato
Is that place named after me and you just left the last few characters off the name?

#35 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3
Thumbs down ha

Hey folks. I don't see the edit button anywhere, so I better watch my spelling.

LOL bOb - hope you had a good, slow tempo run.

Ailarie - Meb recently ran a race here too. Well, actually in Green Bay. He ran for My Team Triumph and actually had a Run with Meb the day before the race. People who gave $300 to the charity could go for an easy run with him. How cool is that?

This week is a recovery week for me. Seems weird as I am only 4 weeks into training and only got up to 40 miles, but whatever. I know I need to do it. I ran 30 minutes Monday, then took yesterday off as I had to travel and present at a seminar on Big Data. It was fun. This morning I ran just over an hour.
#36 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post
Hey folks. I don't see the edit button anywhere, so I better watch my spelling.
Are you on mobile or a computer?
#37 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAdmin View Post
Are you on mobile or a computer?
I am on my computer and see it now. Before I had a post, it didn't show up (because naturally I can't edit others' posts).
#38 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbob View Post
I did a little quick math... According to the sidebar, I joined kick in June 2007. That's 7 years ago, or approximately 2567 days ago. Since I've posted 10,514 messages (counting this one), that averages out to 4.1 per day, every day, for the last 7 years. Yeesh. I certainly don't post like that now. I posted three yesterday, and that was a lot. So if I'm averaging less than that now (way less, probably), that means I must've been post-whoring up a storm at the beginning. Either that, or the total is way off...

Is that place named after me and you just left the last few characters off the name?

snort

re: posting. Don't forget each of your RRs is a post and possibly several replies
#39 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post
I am on my computer and see it now. Before I had a post, it didn't show up (because naturally I can't edit others' posts).
Good to know!
#40 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 03:00 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46
Hola 30s! I hope everyone's butts and ears are healing nicely!!

Is it just on my computer or are all posts centered? This is making my OCD flare! I want it all aligned to the left.

And all my formatting icons are here above this quick reply box, but they're all squooshed together?

I am doing an Insane Inflatable 5k this Saturday with Seester Goon! http://insaneinflatable5k.com/obstacles/ Should be interesting. And I am still streaking - I actually got up and ran 6 BEFORE work today. That may be a before-work-distance-record for me. Half marathon in August. TCM in October - with Seester Goon. Fargo in the Spring??? Hmmmm?

Happy trails!!!!
#41 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theia View Post

Duck, how tall are you?
He is a few inches taller than me.

It was SOUPY when I got up this morning. I was going to run a few by myself, but Oskar looked so pathetic as I was heading out the door that I just ran 1.5 and then came back and walked him 2. The boy is much happier now.

Bob is his usual disgruntled grumpy old man self.

Took FOREVER for doc to fix me tonight... haven't seen him since Saturday, and loaded a kiln and hauled some stuff out of the attic for a garage sale Friday, so back was MAD. pffththt.

In other not great news, B fell on the [wood] steps today and landed on his back with the table he was carrying on top of him. (He slipped on the 3rd step down, so I'm REALLY glad he didn't slide/bonk down the rest of the 13 steps.) As if that alone wasn't bad enough, he landed on the section of his back that's already jacked up from radiation when he was a baby. Thankfully he seems to be ok, despite it instantly turning purple. He's just seriously bruised and soar*. But still. If I never see another head bounce like that or that pained expression on someone's face I'll be perfectly happy.

*Of course this happened at the end of lunch, right before I had to go back to work. I got him on ice within 2 min of falling, and made sure he could feel his toes and move them, and that he wasn't concussed or otherwise injured from wacking his head. (At least as well as I could tell with what first aid stuff I know.) He says his head didn't hit anything, but jeez, it bounced!!! Anyway, was trying to figure out if I needed to take him to the ER instead of going back to work.
#42 of 70 Old 06-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Addicted Member

Hey!

Do any of you have little ones that like to wear crowns? Here's an easy tutorial I found at work today to make them yourself out of lace trim, starch, mod podge, and glitter. Would be an easy project to make with your kid.

http://thegirlinspired.com/2013/07/p...owns-tutorial/
#43 of 70 Old 06-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post

Bob is his usual disgruntled grumpy old man self.

Well yeah, but that's because it's not Friday yet...
#44 of 70 Old 06-26-2014, 06:22 AM
Special Member

Yikes Kath. I hope B is okay.

In fab news, I slept in until 7:30 am today. Woot. Am about to go for an easy run then take DS2 to track before finally heading into work. I really needed a leisurely day, so I am a very happy camper.
#45 of 70 Old 06-26-2014, 07:09 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Drumroll, please!

I ran! Sort of.

I covered 3.25 miles in 45 minutes. Walk 4, jog 1. Honestly, I could have kept going on the jogs, but I forced myself to keep it simple and not overdo it. Now I have to wait and see how the glute responds over the course of today and tonight. If it doesn't feel worse, I may do the same workout tomorrow morning and save a swim for later in the day (outside).

Big G, my posts are left-justified. ???

How is everyone doing?
Ron likes this.
#46 of 70 Old 06-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
I've found the layout to be drastically different if I'm logged in or not. Logged in is better, thankfully.

This morning was a brick - trainer road then 1 mile on the treadmill. I decided to see if I could trick my legs in to being a little speedier, so I started at 5.2 and increased .1 about every 30 seconds. Finished the mile in 10 min! It's been a very, very long time since I've done that. I'm pretty sure I couldn't convince my legs to do more than 1 any time soon, but it's still progress.

I'm heading to Saratoga Springs, NY tomorrow to celebrate J finishing the second edition of her book. It will be a brief trip, but we all are looking forward to the time away!
Ron likes this.

Don't believe everything you think
#47 of 70 Old 06-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Morning 30's I was out of the office yesterday and there was a party going on in here. I worked out yesterday morning but not today so we will see if I can get something in tonight. My girls and wife are all at Vidcon today. Do any of you know what that is? I wish I didn't. haha It is a Youtube convention. I was happy for them as they were super excited.

Kath my kids are past the crown stage I think.

Bob I wish it were Friday.

RIL nice sleeping. I wish I could sleep like that just once.

Theia nice run!!

amichel nice workout.
#48 of 70 Old 06-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Howdy, folks!

Kath - Holy cow! Is B still doing okay today?

Big G - everything is left-justified here, but I am also logged in. (if that makes a difference).. Oh, the inflatable run looks like hilarious fun. Well, not for me and my bum knees and right ankle, but anyway... Especially that last slide where (if I read correctly) you go airborne for a little bit.

No fitness yesterday. After work, I came home and spent time with my normal pest control guy (not the guy the company should have sent) to try to cut a hole in my laundry wall to retrieve a deceased rodent that's stuck in there somewhere. yeeeech. We were unsuccessful, so my laundry room is quite fragrant right now. After that, it was time to mow the much-overgrown lawn. Maybe tonight.....
Ron likes this.
#49 of 70 Old 06-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Theia - 5'7"

Watching soccer out of the corner of my eye right now. Go USA!

Got in 6 miles yesterday at lunch. Felt a little bit more powerful/smooth than most of my recent runs. Maybe the hip stretching is helping.

The kids are all at camps this week, so DW and I actually had a date night last night. Chinese food and a movie. It was like a look into the future!
Ron likes this.
#50 of 70 Old 06-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGahoona View Post
Hola 30s! I hope everyone's butts and ears are healing nicely!!

Is it just on my computer or are all posts centered? This is making my OCD flare! I want it all aligned to the left.

And all my formatting icons are here above this quick reply box, but they're all squooshed together?

I am doing an Insane Inflatable 5k this Saturday with Seester Goon! http://insaneinflatable5k.com/obstacles/ Should be interesting. And I am still streaking - I actually got up and ran 6 BEFORE work today. That may be a before-work-distance-record for me. Half marathon in August. TCM in October - with Seester Goon. Fargo in the Spring??? Hmmmm?

Happy trails!!!!
Typically it should all be left justified...

But the advanced tool tab should allow you to justify it right, left or center.

What browser are you using and are you on a computer or mobile?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page