Spooktackular 30s Halloween week - KickRunners.com

#1 of 51 Old 10-28-2013, 07:25 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Nice job on your 10 mi race Ron

Dd tried out for club volleyball yesterday. Now we wait!

I'm struggling a bit with my schedule as of late. Staying up too late, then missing morning workouts. Evening workouts always seem to be half of what morning workouts are for me. Maybe the time change will help me reset...

Looking forward to costume pictures this week, since my house will be pretty boring Halloween wise!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 51 Old 10-28-2013, 07:57 AM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amichel View Post

I'm struggling a bit with my schedule as of late. Staying up too late, then missing morning workouts. Evening workouts always seem to be half of what morning workouts are for me. Maybe the time change will help me reset...

This.  100% for me as well.

Haven't done any physical activity since the HM (does walking a mile to/from breakfast yesterday count?)  And now we're in the crossover time of the end of fall sports and the beginning of spring sports.  Fun.  I need to get a schedule figured out.

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#3 of 51 Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

Also busy with crossover time here.  Men's basketball started yesterday, so it was a no weekend weekend for me.  A bye week for FB this week will help, and Tycho and I road trip to Stanford next week for an increasingly important game.

The weather looks pretty good today, so I'm going to take some ME time and go for a long run.  It was probably good to take the weekend off from running after my hard 6 miler on Friday.  I did get in lots of upper body work chopping and moving firewood.

Ron, how did Mt Sac go for the kid?

#4 of 51 Old 10-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Afternoon 30's I am not sure if I am going to workout today.  I have been busy doing stuff and I don't feel very motivated.  I guess a day off won't kill me.  It is also raining today which should make for a beautiful week.

Amichel thanks and my fingers are crossed for your daughter.

KP finally and easy win.  It was needed because of the short week.  I guess I will have the lights off and watch TV in the dark on Halloween.

Duck it was so much fun to watch..  Sac is just one hill after another. Unfortuantely they are closing the course for a couple of years because of construction.  My daughter won't run there again until she is a Senior.  I thought she did great.  She finished in 22:40 and was 34th out of 130 Freshman girls.  Their team just finished out of the medals in 4th (they had 2 girls out).  My daughter finished and said she thought the course was short haha,  The fastest girl at the entire meet was Sara Baxter.  I only mention her name because if you haven't heard of her yet you soon will.  She has never lost a cross country race.  She won with a time of 16:10.  Is she Oregon bound?

#5 of 51 Old 10-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Special Member

Ron, there are a bunch of fast girls in that class, dominated by runners from the western states. 

http://www.dyestat.com/gprofile.php?mgroup_id=44531&do=news&news_id=191362

We haven't hit the first letter of intent date yet, so we don't know who is coming yet.  

Congrats to your daughter!!!

I got out for 10 miles and ran well in cool, clear conditions.  1:16:18 (7:38/mi) with a last mile of 7:16.  Since 7:38 is 3:20 marathon pace, I'll call that a 10 mile MP run, just for kicks.

Timr1 likes this.
#6 of 51 Old 10-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Ron
Special Member

Baxter is a big fan of Jordan Hasay so that has to give the school a little bit of an advantage.  I read an interview Baxter did.  She said she likes to run with the pack at practices and sing to the other girls as they are all running.

#7 of 51 Old 10-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14

My hometown usually has trick-or-treat on the Sunday before Halloween so it was yesterday.  My sister posted a picture of her 12 y/o daughter and her friends, who coordinated costumes to be the cast of The Wizard of Oz:  Dorothy (my niece), Toto, the Witch, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion, and the Tin Man.  It was pretty cool.  No real Halloween plans here, we don't even get trick-or-treaters. 

Kris
#8 of 51 Old 10-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amichel View Post

I'm struggling a bit with my schedule as of late. Staying up too late,

Ugh, this is me too.  Of course, it's my own fault becuase I'm staying up to watch the World Series.  These **** games don't end until midnight every night, and I get up too early to handle this...

I did manage to run 4 miles after work today.  I'll do something tomorrow too...

#9 of 51 Old 10-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 16
Yo!
coffee2.gif

On Wisconsin!
#10 of 51 Old 10-29-2013, 07:14 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

So, I received an email from USA triathlon that I qualified for the Olympic-Distance race at the 2014 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships on August 9 in Milwaukee, Wis., after finishing in the top 10 percent in your age group at the Haka Multisport's Women's Only Triathlon.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this, before I tell you mine.

#11 of 51 Old 10-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Ron
Special Member

Afternoon 30's.  I got in a good weight workout and a 4.24 mile run.  It felt good but my hips were a little tight.

Amichel I think that sounds like a lot of fun and top 10% is always awesome you should be proud.

#12 of 51 Old 10-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Ron
Special Member

Of course I would get 2 offers at the same time.  It is all good but I need to make a decision.  One is in LA which is LA so busy and crowded and one in San Diego much more laid back.  If I worked in LA I could take the train and the kids would be less interupted.  Decisions Decisions.

Theia the Ducks are playing your Flyers.

#13 of 51 Old 10-29-2013, 06:27 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

congrats on the offers and good luck deciding, Ron!

#14 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 06:37 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Theia the Ducks are playing your Flyers.

Sadly for us, we were there.  Good luck with your decision and CONGRATS!!!

#15 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 AM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

Nice decisions to have Ron!

Amy - I say go for it with the tri.

Still no activity to report here...but starting to feel like I want to workout again, so there's that.

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#16 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 08:04 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

You guys are too kind for not questioning how the **** I got that invite in the first place.  I only did the super sprint at that race, which isn't an eligible distance.    I have no illusions of being prepared to race an OLY in less than a year, so I won't be accepting the invitation.  The race I did is always pretty small, so if any of you ARE trying to qualify, keep that race in mind!

#17 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 08:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4

when it rains, it pours!!! congrats ron!! and also congrats to DD at mt. sac as well. i ran that course for fun and its not easy. i have heard of sarah baxter and how she is singing and laughing at the end of workouts while the rest of the girls are struggling - will def keep an eye and ear out for her! i've also taken a huge interest in mary cain especially since she lives about 3 towns over; i'm hoping to see and hear more good things from her, too. 

amichel, you still kick butt in my book!!!!!!! 

starting to feel like working out is always good, kp :)

i made a huge mistake of buying halloween candy too early. GAH. must. stop. 

#18 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Special Member

Can't help with the choice, but I do love me some San Diego!  Good luck, Ron!

Short recovery run yesterday.  Today I'm road tripping with the nephews to Bend and back.

I think I need to figure out a strength training schedule for the winter.

Hiya, Missy!

#19 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

Hi all!  Long time, no log in.  :)

Missy - my lovely wife usually buys Halloween Candy a bit early, and then it is a S T R U G G L E to avoid it.   Especially the $100,000.00 bars.  Those just rock.

Ron - yup... We were at the Flyers/Ducks game.   Ugh.  Flyers are in trouble.   help.gif

I finally drew up a workout schedule.  Then, with all the late nights at work, it quickly went out the window.   We have already committed to the LOVE half marathon in Philly in March, so this guy needs to get his ass out the door on a regular basis...

Good to see you all!

. . .  And in music news, number one on the college charts this summer was Better than Ezra.   And at number two:  Ezra.

#20 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by govandals View Post

Missy - my lovely wife usually buys Halloween Candy a bit early, and then it is a S T R U G G L E to avoid it. 

HAHAHA I just bought some!!   We just have to make it through tomorrow, love.  :)

Speaking of missed workouts, I need a mojo reset.  Anyone else feel that way? 

Amichel, I was wondering if I'd missed the news that you had done an Oly this summer.  You are right to fear that distance.  It hurts! 

#21 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Ron
Special Member

Morning 30's I only lifted a little this morning and had my workout interupted so i will have to get a run in later.

A Big Thank you to everyone.  It is really appreciated.

Theia and Van I am not a huge hockey fan but it is a lot of fun to go to the games.  I hope you had a good time.  I will be in Idaho next week before I start work.  I hope it isn't too cold.  I plan on running outside while I am there.

KP go Bengals tomorrow night should be a good game.

Duck I do love San Diego but not LA so much but it would be for the kids.

Thanks missy Mary Cain is such a fun person.  It would be exciting to see Saxter and Cain run against each other.

and yes I will be stealing some of my kids Halloween candy.

#22 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 04:14 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

So I emailed USA triathlon to point out the mistake and they said I am indeed qualified from the super sprint. So, what do you think? Train for my first oly or train for a stronger sprint? Or still pass because it's insane?

#23 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
I'd do it just for the experience Amy.

CONGRATS Ron!!!
#24 of 51 Old 10-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Go for it, Amichel!

I had a nice interval workout today. I do 3x1 mile at about 7:50 each, and 3x1/2 mile at about 3:45 each. Felt good.

Now I'm drinking home brew while watching the World Series. I can't believe the Red Sox are only 9 outs away from a 3rd championship in 10 years. For a long time, I never thought I'd see one in my lifetime...
#25 of 51 Old 10-31-2013, 05:08 AM
Ron
Special Member

I say do it Amichel. It would be a great experience

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page